Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Which specilization you use when you level on Draenor?

It's either Enhancement or Elemental, melee or caster. Both amazingly fun. Hard to pick one.
    But my other specilization will be Restoration, always fun to be able to fill two roles rather than one.

I'm Elemental now, but very curious about Enhancement..

From my very limited perspective in regards to shamans, Enhancement seemed to have an easier time. Won't know for sure until I really pick it up, but I have a bunch of other classes to level too!
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

Many many differences, myself i love enhance, been enhance mostly since the beginning of BC and been it since, my offspec i switch off and on but rarely play it anyway. It basically comes down if you want to play Melee or Range though. I've always prefered to be melee.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's gonna be Enhancement for me, mainly because it's the DPS spec I've always used. That and the changes to Enhancement for WoD makes me want to actually play it instead of mess around in LFR with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Enhancement for leveling any day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement... Mainly, because I never botherd to attempt Elemental..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

For me, it'll definitely be enhancement for my Draenei and Troll shamans, while my Pandaren will level up as elemental, since I have her dedicated to that spec. I find that enhancement tends to mow through everything fairly easily during leveling, while it's easier to have a buddy along when leveling as elemental. Granted, I've also been maining as enhancement since BC, while my experience with elemental has been rather limited.

Give enhancement a try if you're curious! Won't know if you like it until you give it a go

Elemental was actually great for leveling while we could move while casting, but with the change to that I'll probably go enhancement for mobility's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrenominon View Post
    Elemental was actually great for leveling while we could move while casting, but with the change to that I'll probably go enhancement for mobility's sake.
    As a pure PvE player, I feel that the Lightning Bolt being still cast while moving is more annoying than anything else.
    But I'm used to not being mobile as a caster, played Shaman long time ago as well.

I think it's fair to let melee be the one who moves and try avoid giving such powers to casters for unlimited time.

Shaman still have Spiritwalker Grace and that's pretty nice as you can cast all spells while moving for a short time, these things I like.
    Last edited by Griffon; 2014-07-09 at 09:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
    As a pure PvE player, I feel that the Lightning Bolt being still cast while moving is more annoying than anything else.
    It was even more annoying as Enhancement, because you couldn't cancel a LB once you had pressed the key, even if you wanted..

Only instant spells should be castable when moving...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Which specilization you use when you level on Draenor?
    Enhancement.

Deleted
    Enhancement, although I'm not 100% sure yet whether I'll play shammy or priest in WoD. I typically heal, but I prefer priest healing. However I absolutely love enhancement and absolutely hate shadow :/

First half of MoP I was pretty much maining a priest, then switched to shaman. This behavior has been quite typical to me in the past expansions :P I'd want to play both but I don't want to try keeping two chars raid viable and with my loot luck keeping even one is hard enough.

But if I'm a shaman, then it's enha and resto for me. Healing is probably what I mostly identify myself by, but when it comes to shaman, I love enhancement so much that for me it's like having two mainspecs. Resto healing isn't my favourite out of healers, but it's nice enough and since I love healing in general, it's still good anyways
    Last edited by mmoca22428f18d; 2014-07-09 at 03:15 PM.

It's either Enhancement or Elemental, melee or caster. Both amazingly fun. Hard to pick one.
    But my other specilization will be Restoration, always fun to be able to fill two roles rather than one.

I'm Elemental now, but very curious about Enhancement..
    Definitely would have to be enhance for me if I play my shaman. It's the spec I started with and I've never changed.

I leveled both an Elemental and an Enhancement premade Shaman to 92 in beta and I must say, Enh was the much smoother experience (on live I play Resto/Ele, never touched Enh since Cata).
    Enhancement seems to put out a lot more dmg, while Elemental really suffer from the restricted mobility now (both in terms of dps and fun).

Of course number-tuning is far from final, so this is not a definitive answer and could change until release.

So with the equalization of gear across specs I really consider leveling as enhancement now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Ele on the live servers, especially for solo PvE. I find it very entertaining and fun. I switched from Ele to Enh in the Beta though. It does indeed feel very restricted with the LB change. I'm sure old Ele players will be right at home. I however left Ele alone until the LB while moving change and I hate the feel of it. That, and Enh seems to drop mobs faster too, at least at ilvl 500 (EU player here).

If the raids are tuned properly Ele will be my raid spec, and some dungeoning on the side. But it will be Enh for everything else. Still kinda bummed, cause Ele is the reason I play my Shaman.

Enh for sure now that for the first time ever I have a full set of enh gear. Elemental has always been shit at leveling in the new expansion right before Boomkin, seriously I have a harder time leveling my BiS Shaman through new content than my lfr geared noob babies.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    Enhancement, although I'm not 100% sure yet whether I'll play shammy or priest in WoD. I typically heal, but I prefer priest healing. However I absolutely love enhancement and absolutely hate shadow :/

First half of MoP I was pretty much maining a priest, then switched to shaman. This behavior has been quite typical to me in the past expansions :P I'd want to play both but I don't want to try keeping two chars raid viable and with my loot luck keeping even one is hard enough.

But if I'm a shaman, then it's enha and resto for me. Healing is probably what I mostly identify myself by, but when it comes to shaman, I love enhancement so much that for me it's like having two mainspecs. Resto healing isn't my favourite out of healers, but it's nice enough and since I love healing in general, it's still good anyways
    Shaman healing can be fun. You have a lot of good spells and totems.

Deleted
    Enhance definitely has the advantage for questing, but if you level through dungeons or in groups Elemental is probably better.

Deleted
    Elemental for me because its my main spec. 587 ilvl. I got enhance offspec hc gear too but it's not upgraded at all. Elemental is pretty good for leveling and in WoD it will become even more powerful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement is much easier to level with at the later levels, while Elemental is good early on when Enhancement doesn't have many of its tools. Especially now that Lightning Bolt's no longer usable on the move, that's really deterred me from even leveling with Elemental so I'll be using Enhancement.