Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry What type of anime you dislike the most

This is if you watch them (not just hater).

I generaly hate anime, wich sells only by a ecchi.
    No story (or with story that makes no sense).
    Same goes for Comedy/School ones. You are better of watching shows on tv with real people.

A good example that just came out:

1.st episide...2min in episode is shows boobs jumping up and down. Seriosly?
    Don't sweat the details!!!

When I first started this post I thought I could easily quantify this but turns out I can't.

While I definitely have likes and dislikes I can say that I have liked at least one anime for each discernible genre.

I will say that I do tend to stay away from high school anime dramas but that being said I did watch Clannad and Clannad: After Story which I enjoyed immensely. Genshiken was also very entertaining.
    I don't really like kiddie anime as I'm just too old for that but occasionally I'll watch some Dragon Ball for fun.

I can tell you the animes I tend to gravitate more to are the ones with fantastic worlds or something far removed from a high school setting. Cowboy Bebob, Black Lagoon, Berserk, Claymore, Full Metal Alchemist, Escaflowne, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kid anime like Youkai Watch? Yeah i kinda aggre on those.
    Nowdays those exist just to sell you some card game or something similar.

One high-school anime i liked was accelate world. (but thats because it had another world, so you didnt look at school 99% of time, same goes for bleach)

Can't say there's really a specific genre i dislike, even the genres i don't watch much usually have some decent shows. I guess the shounen anime aimed at kids/young teens are what I'm the least interested in.

Harems with brain dead MC's are probably another thing I'm not too fond of, I'm not sure how i even managed to finish Infinite stratos.

I tend to dislike any show that has a ton of cliches in it, unless I feel like those cliches are presented in a fresh interesting way along with the show being high quality in virtually every other way. Which I suppose doesn't really add a lot to the discussion, as I'm basically just saying I dislike what I dislike because I think it sucks.

I guess in a general sense, I'm not interested in any show that has no action. That's not to say that violence and explosions need to be the focus of a show for me to enjoy it. To me, having a story means having conflict, and I can't take a conflict seriously if it doesn't involve bloodshed, or at least attempted bloodshed. I also don't like fan service in anime. Once again, I don't go to extremes. I'm not going to say that a show is shit because it has a panty shot, but I like it when such things are kept to a minimum, and the reason for that is fairly simple. When I'm experiencing any story, be it anime or otherwise, I try very hard to immerse myself in it, to see things from the perspective of the characters, to feel their same fears and hopes. Anything that makes me think, "this isn't real life" is anathema to that immersion. I can easily suspend disbelief on some things, like magic existing, or technology following the rule of cool instead of real world physics, but the way people act is much harder for me to justify. Basically, if the characters treat the show as a joke, I will too, even if the show is supposed to be serious on some level. Too much crap creates a shit mountain that I just can't climb.

Comedy shows are obviously exempt from this, as I'm not looking for a thought provoking story when I watch South Park.
    Last edited by OrcsRLame; 2014-07-09 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Harems with brain dead MC's are probably another thing I'm not too fond of, I'm not sure how i even managed to finish Infinite stratos.
    This, and endless shounens. Can't forget standard cliche as fuck girls added into the harems too.

Tsundere, girl who wants MC's cock super bad and isn't afraid to show it, quiet girl, air head with giant tits, kawaii desu, loli (possibly sister), tomboy (most likely the tsundere too)

I'll pretty much watch anything (sometimes you just need to turn your brain off which is why I still watch some ecchi or harem, not all though) but I dislike the sports genre. So far no sports anime has been very interesting despite the fact you'll have a bunch of high school dramas that somehow become watchable.

Fujoshi stuff, it's just too niche for me.

EDIT: I guess I should clarify "fujoshi stuff" as "fujobait".
    Last edited by Gungtah; 2014-07-09 at 06:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom
    No. After the Cataclysm there will be an expansion for the zerg, and then an expansion for the protoss.

Nearly anything where the primary female character is a whiny, childish, demanding, useless, moronic asshole. Her entire point is to show that the male lead is capable and "kind", and apparently he has terrible taste when it comes to the opposite sex.

Shows where the primary female character is the mistreats her love interest. Whether she's more responsible or less responsible than he is (shrew or moron).

Both take extremes with their behavior, neither seems capable of acting like people rather than plot devices.

I tend to seek out anime/manga *not* set in High School or Middle School, but I can't say I completely avoid those settings either as they do take up a massive bulk of what's put out. My expectations are certainly diminished for them, so when I enjoy one it makes a greater impression on me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gungtah View Post
    Fujoshi stuff, it's just too niche for me.

EDIT: I guess I should clarify "fujoshi stuff" as "fujobait".
    ...things about the fans themselves? There's a dearth of that as far as I can tell. I've probably encountered one whole manga about it, although as a theme within the associated genre they pop up as atmosphere background characters I guess.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

Anything which uses the lazy art style that f***ing originated from K-On! It ruined Haruhi for me, and many other animes since.

-Grim

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Any that doesnt focus on rape, gore or gory rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Any that doesnt focus on rape, gore or gory rape.
    You would love Akame ga Kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate the stubby, cutesy anime, and I hate stupid teenage drama/romance anime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I'll pretty much watch anything (sometimes you just need to turn your brain off which is why I still watch some ecchi or harem, not all though) but I dislike the sports genre. So far no sports anime has been very interesting despite the fact you'll have a bunch of high school dramas that somehow become watchable.
    Sport anime are extra horible.
    http://images2.fanpop.com/images/pho...24-640-480.jpg

Its like watching propaganda.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    The ones with guns and sexual stuff!
    I don't mind gilrs with Little to no clothes, or perverts, I just don't like the Whole, boob play ,etc... !!!

Deleted
    A long time ago i could have made a list but as time went on and my MAL list of completed entries went from 10 to 100 to 500 to ... There has been anime I would have never thought I'd like, as if they are there just to prove me wrong etc.. Also reading the very superior manga for a crappy anime often reduces the crappy anime to "hey the manga characters are animated, don't particularly care about other stuff".

The worst I guess are the anime with too much fanservice. On a manga page you can either take your time or glance over any accented ladyparts etc., but in anime, you just have to stare at the screen filled with breasts for 10+ seconds.

Though I'm surprised to see the hate on sports anime. The older ones, which are mostly baseball, I kinda partial myself but anything in the past decade is pretty fun. For the most part I barely know the sport and still have fun watching them. Not really sure what @Descense meant by propaganda.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon ball series
    Naruto
    Bleach

It takes 8 mins to power and 4 to explain how they learned how to power up and another 7 explaining how their teacher showed them.

Edit- The filler episodes in each series......
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anime with too much fan service or anime just to be fan service are my biggest dislikes. I don't tend to watch much sport anime either, but that's just a genre I can't seem to get into that much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anime that uses fan service as its biggest selling point, sacrificing almost everything for it. Other than that, I'm pretty open to most anime.

I hear that Kill la Kill is pretty good despite the obvious fan service, but haven't got around to watching yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really can't stand any form of anime, but to each their own I guess.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED