Poll: Do you trust Blizzard?

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just as much as any other corporation or an average human bean. Everyone is for himself here and they will screw you as hard as they can to get what they want.

This does not mean that they can deliver a quality product at the same time, except when screwing by itself involves delivering a mediocre product. That is when instead of adding a new mechanic/quest to get the rewards (as a subscription player at max level) they just throw out those rewards as cash-shop pets/items/mounts. This is a lazy way of making money on side of the developer.

Same with Valve with hats and many others.

Golden age has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Camel View Post
    I trust that they are trying, and that they want to make us happy. If this forum is any indication they can't please everybody with every decision they make. As a consumer I think its best to realise they don't make games for me. If I'm not happy with the product, I wont pay for the product. I wont hold a grudge either if they try and fail with a new idea.
    Yeah well, I still remember playing my mage back in TBC.

They gave frost mages a new 5-point talent. +10% spellpower to frostbolt!

Then they changed one of the other talents to give -10% spellpower to frostbolt, because they thought frost mages were overpowered. I guess they did the same to fireball as well, I can't really remember because I was playing frost at the time and I quit my mage soon after in favour of a different class...

Anyway, then all the top-tier guilds brought only warlocks as their casters, and like one mage, because mages were worthless.

This while everyone with more than 2 braincells to rub together and even a basic understanding of math was able to not just realize this to be a problem as it was happening, but to anticipate it before the changes were even implemented.

This is far from the only example of this behaviour, but it's the one most clear in my mind since it was the one that made me never again trust that they really knew what they were doing all that well. Now I just look at patch notes where they do things like double the damage of spells mid-expansion and go "yeah, this confirms what I believe to be true about them".
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    I trust them to do what they think is best for the game because the longer the game lasts and better it does the more money they make. :P
    Yes, this would be accurate. Its a business after all and while people have a bit of a love / hate relationship with Blizzard or just hate Blizzard purely because they are a big company they do have a track record of making good games.

People are making the compassion between Blizzard and EA on this and he only thing they have in common is they are big companies. I have more confidence in Blizzard will make a better game and do more for the community (hearthstone being a good example of this), while EA are mostly in it for the money and make a lot of sub-par over priced games, but at least EA are honest about their pricing.

Deleted
    I trust they will do whatever they can to get more money, even if it's at the expense of consumers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I trust them to do what they think is best for the game because the longer the game lasts and better it does the more money they make. :P
    Exactly. There are these incredibly stupid misconceptions that they are trying to kill the game or that they are trying (like deliberately) to piss off their customers... no? How can anyone be dumb enough to think that a company that makes over a billion dollars a year wants to STOP making that money?

"Hey guys, meeting time. I'm decided that I'm sick of Blizzard making all this money, there is like no room in our bank account now lolz."

"I agree. Lets make all the alliance players mad, so they unsub. That kills like 60% of WoW's cash flow right there."

"Right! Good idea Metzen."

"Oh oh I know, lets also ruin the game intentionally with bad choices. Not actual bad choices, but choices that players say are bad before they try them."

"Nice one! That'll cost us a couple hundred subs next quarter, right?"

"For sure man."

"Lets see... that's like 3 million dollars a month."

"Yup"

"Hey, what feature are players really excited about atm?"

"The Lava Corgi."

"Fire the artist working on it and publish a dev watercooler announcing that the lava Corgi is cancelled."

"But... I'm that artist..."

"Guess you better get to work on your resume then lol?"
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    not anymore.

Used to in a heartbeat.
    Which is funny cause i was ready to throw all my money at them, now that they have more things to throw money at than ever, i dont

A more accurate question would be, do we believe them when they say they don't have the time? Yes I do - if they have spare time then they must have devs sitting around doing nothing, and I'm confident they don't. Maybe some of those devs are working on stuff I don't like / don't care about, but that's not my call. I'm just a customer - I choose whether to buy the finished product once they're done.

I trust them to deliver a substandard software product.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    A more accurate question would be, do we believe them when they say they don't have the time? Yes I do - if they have spare time then they must have devs sitting around doing nothing, and I'm confident they don't. Maybe some of those devs are working on stuff I don't like / don't care about, but that's not my call. I'm just a customer - I choose whether to buy the finished product once they're done.
    A more accurate statement is they don't have the manhours. It's clear after Blizzard was bought that their development budget was slashed, and this manifested in blatant half-ass band-aid fixes and rehashed recycled content.

Gotta wring that sponge dry for all its worth.

I trust them more than a lot of software developers, and I don't even like their games all that much! :P I can't argue their games' quality though, I do think they put out high quality products.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    no its because they have a horde of fanboys willing to lay down cash blindly for blizzard.
    Oh grow up already, please? This silly hatred towards Blizzard is much worse in my eyes than those "fanboys" you stupidly spew about.

People can like a game, I'm really sorry that in your narrow minded view it has to be blind fanboyism, or hatred, but grown ups can just play something if they enjoy it, You should try it some time, If you don't enjoy the game, that's fight, bu tit's terribly immature to stand around bashing it, and the users who do still play

No, no sane person would trust a company.

It's not a matter of trust for me. Blizzard very rarely actually lies, they just know how to be truthful in a very very convenient way.

You either see through the bullshit or you don't, out of most 3 paragraph blue posts usually one or two lines contain actual information about their actual plans, the rest is sweet talk and disclaimers.

As far as Blizzcon and general marketing "promises" always failing to actually happen, I am used to it. Remember at the end of wrath when Blizzard shared with us how excited they are about starting to pump out more content more frequently in Cata? they pulled the same stunt with MoP. Surprisingly they didn't even bother doing that with WoD, they tried to underwhelm us but even then couldn't avoid cutting corners offending a big portion of their fanbase yet again.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And this sums it up really, The amount of brain dead fucktards I see on these boards that act like Blizz sabotage their own game on purpose is outstanding, They clearly know what they're doing, and they want more money, which means making the game to the best of their abilities.

Cataclysm was a little rocky, but by and large I've always enjoyed what they brought out for me. So, do I trust them to make a game I'd like? ...yes.
    As far as I'd trust any corporation, anyway.

Definitely don't trust them to write anything good though :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    no its because they have a horde of fanboys willing to lay down cash blindly for blizzard.
    It could also be said that they have a horde of cynical idiots ready to equip their tinfoil hats and whine/bitch/cry about any little thing that isn't exactly the way they want it to be.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    I trust them to make fun games, nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I trust Blizzard to make great and enjoyable games, and so far I have been overall satisfied with their efforts. I don't expect Blizzard to listen to me personally, nor even to be on the side of my faction in whatever the argument/crisis/outrage du jour happens to be. Ultimately they make the executive decisions about their own offerings, and I judge the merit of those decisions based on the outcome (e.g. whether or not the game continues to entertain me). Thus far they've had more successes than failures, so I'd say they've earned a level of my trust. That's pretty much all there is to it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    It would make no sense whatsoever for them to piss off people and deliver a sub-par game so I do believe them most of the time and I do believe they are trying to make the best game out there. The more the game lasts and the more people it attracts, the more money they make, Blizzard is trying (if not succeeding) to bring out great games.

Now I'm pretty sure there's some PR bullshit thrown at times, that they are wrong at others and sometimes make mistakes. But that's human I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Neow View Post
    Now I'm pretty sure there's some PR bullshit thrown at times, that they are wrong at others and sometimes make mistakes. But that's human I guess.
    That's standard operating procedure for any marketing / sales department. They like to promise things to customers that is impossible for the application to deliver.

10+ Year Old Account
    I trust them to a certain extent. The main reason we've had one seriously messed expansion and one the was just kind of "meh..." is because blizzard is trying to hard to listen to the millions of people screaming at them. People seem to not understand that Blizzard gets yelled at by thousands of unreasonable adults who turn into screaming infants through the anonymity of the internet. Maybe if people knew the difference between actual feedback and complete rage we would all trust blizzard a little bit more.