View Poll Results: Do you trust Blizzard?

Voters
318. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

129 40.57%
  • No

189 59.43%
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxhoundn View Post
    The game lasts because the success it has in the beginning, but most of the developers from those times left the company. I dont think the game would strive towards such a success if MoP/ Cataclysm was Vanilla.
    EA is a good example of how even one of the now worst rated companies in customer service and lots of hatred against them in their business practices still turns out money and can continue to milk money from old titles. Blizzard still heavily rides on their former glory and even when Blizzard has a botched launch or buggy game with cut features and content will customers still consume it just as customers consume products from EA and shell out an ever increasing amount for DLC. Lets not forget Activision does this as well. Even when Blizzards quality and customer support drops, all one has to do is compare it to EA and Activision and Blizzard will still look better. Even better for Blizzard they dont have to be better than others as long as they dont build a reputation worse than other big name AAA developers and even then Blizzard will still make lots of money.

After a couple of articles, including the 'resources' one, nope.

I wouldn't give them my credit card info if I didn't trust them.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Ofc not. Why would I? It's all PR tricks and strategies. They are a business and they will say/promise anything to increase their profit (just like most businesses do). I do think that in Classic, they genuinely put customers on the first place (or at least it really felt like that). After that though profit became number 1 and it still is.
    When in a hole, keep digging!

LOL, "trust". Why would I want or need to "trust" Blizzard? All this stupid melodramatic lingo. What's there to "trust"?

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    LOL, "trust". Why would I want or need to "trust" Blizzard? All this stupid melodramatic lingo. What's there to "trust"?
    That they wouldn't overdraw your credit and go to Mexico? That they wouldn't sell your address to Nigerian scammers? Plenty of things really.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    That they wouldn't overdraw your credit and go to Mexico? That they wouldn't sell your address to Nigerian scammers? Plenty of things really.
    I think that not indulging in criminal activities is the very least a customer should expect from a company, especially one that is publicly traded, and the fact that they do not commit fraud is not a reason for praising their trustworthiness.

How can you trust a company that has lied on every level and every aspect of the game . Which I know profit is their main business . But for what money they take in and how much they give back to us the players is a joke . During MoP they took in almost 2 Billion Dollars how insane is that which i think is great .But during end of Cata they reported we will never have to be stuck in a tier of raiding like Dragon Soul ever again time wise and here we are .They act like they don't have the man power or the ability to give us more in return , When in fact they are keeping atleast 90% and give us at most 10% return for every dollar we spend . You have other companies doing so much more with no 2 Billion to work with and only hoping to get 1/10 of what World of Warcraft has Sub wise . I personally gave them $400 since MoP released and they tell me well that was good but you need to pay us more to have this mount or these features or this helm or stuff like that . I,m not against paying , but when I do ,I want a return and content not stuck in SoO for over a year and half and tell me lies time after time and we are doing our best .You are only doing what 10% of the money can do . Blizzard all I ask think about the game and the customers . You do that and the money and profit will be there . Its virtual world for real money pretty simple you have the best of it . Now give us the best you have for Christ sake !!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I think that not indulging in criminal activities is the very least a customer should expect from a company, especially one that is publicly traded, and the fact that they do not commit fraud is not a reason for praising their trustworthiness.
    Okay, but what else is really important? That the company delivers the product, it meets whatever guidelines in terms of safety and quality, and that the company wouldn't rip you off, that's basically it.

The Patient
    I trust them to an extent. I think they have great customer service, and they do deliver great products. What I see more than anything else is that most of them are stressed out. Anyhow, we know that they can add more mounts to PvP, so there's no reason for them to deny that, especially with whatever changes they're making to their hardware/software for Warlords of Draenor.

Okay, but what else is really important? That the company delivers the product, it meets whatever guidelines in terms of safety and quality, and that the company wouldn't rip you off, that's basically it.
    Isn't part of the problem many feel, as you can see from this thread, that they are not delivering the product they say they will? You could take a look at some of replies in this thread and get an idea of some of the other reasons as to why people no longer trust Blizzard?

to some extent. its their game and we dont know everything that goes into making it run when we want something we just go buff this nerf this adjust this and youre fine. But we dont know the ripples it will cause in other avenues OF game play. That buff you just gave shifted them from being int he middle to op. You just made them so strong that now thats what people are stacking. Something about too many cooks spoil the soup so they cant always take everyone suggestions. But at the same time thy have made some questionable decisions, so ultimatley its their game not ours, so we cant really walk up into someones house and tell them what to do in their own house. and at the same time I havent given a shit for a while kinda wowstipated

Didn't they say they had their biggest ever team working on this expansion..? Why then does an already underwhelming list of improvements/changes keep getting smaller?

- - - Updated - - -

I wouldn't give them my credit card info if I didn't trust them.
    Ridiculous argument. There are more ways of being untrustworthy than just whether or not they're retarded enough to attempt credit card theft.

It amuses me that people think of Blizzard as some kind of all seeing and powerful entity when it really is just a bunch of people making decisions about their products to try and make the most money. That tends to be what businesses do. I think Blizzard puts out some really high quality games and I usually know that when they release a title it's going to be solid and more than likely be worth my money. Some entertain me for longer than others. WoW for example I've played for 10 years. Diablo 3 didn't last that long for me but I did get a good hundred hours or so out of it - worth the 60 bucks imo.

It is in Blizzard's best interest to make the best decisions for their games longevity to keep making a profit so I think it's funny when people think Blizzard has "sold out" and wants to screw people over. People tend to say that when they don't agree with things that the company does regarding their games. I think Blizzard makes some mistakes and will continue to make some but overall they provide a pretty good gaming experience in a lot of different formats. You have WoW as an MMO, SC2 as a RTS, Diablo 3 as the hack and slash grinder, Hearthstone is a very fun online card game, and Heroes of the storm looks to be a nice entry into the moba market.

Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    Maybe the ones who say No need to grow up a little. Blizzard is not your mummy, it is a commercial company ffs.
    You can be whatever you want to be. We have astronauts who fly into space and still pee in their pants.

As of recently? No, I don't. Did I ever? Most definitely. WC3 and up to (including) T8 of WoW, I definitely trusted them. Cataclysm and MoP is where I got burned harshly by them and it's a bit hard to trust someone when they toyed with your trust and even downright lied to you multiple times.

Starting to think Activision has too much influence on its sister company. I mean, they make CALL OF DUTY for fuck sakes; one of the biggest and most infamous games in the gaming community that don't play it for being the most toxic and annoying pre-pubescent child-filled experiences you'll ever have, at least nowadays it is. It used to not be like that with CoD2/4.

Retired Veteran Raider: [T14] 10/16H, [T15] 12/13H, [T16] 7/14H
    BTag: Polarthief#1411 (send me a PM or something; I remove randoms w/o notice)

I have worked at Blizzard as an editor for their videos. From what I have seen and heard, they really try to make the players first and foremost.

I trust Blizzard.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

I trust blizzard more than any other game company but I don't think that's saying a lot.