Deleted

[Class] The Biochemist

So, I've thought of this class for ages and thought, why the hell not, so here goes.

The Chemist
    Being a chemist means you are a scientist.
    Corroders focus on dealing damages, destroying armors and inflicting pain and misery through concoctions.
    Biochemists are inspired by nature, how it kills and how it creates life, how it can dull the senses or invigorate it's environment.
    Curers focus on healing their allies by throwing potions and using it's lifebinder.

They can concoct deadly toxins, corrosive acids, chemical reactions and the like, but they can also create potions, enhance armors with special coatings, bolster allies with special drinks.

They specialize in wearing mail armor, having good defenses whilst not being weighed down.

The Specializations

Corroder [DPS]
    This spec focuses on taking life, think of chemicals that burn the skin, thrown explosives, highly corrosive acids.
    Uses int mail.

Sample Abilities
    1. Corrosion: Throw a bottle of highly corrosive acid, dealing xx% spellpower damage and applying Sunder Armor.
    2. Chemical Burn: Throw a bottle of chemicals at the enemy, dealing xx% spellpower damage and applying the Chemical Burn effect.
    • Chemical burn does xx% spellpower damage over x amount of time, slowly gaining strength by x% per tick.
    3. Concoct: Makes a bottle of chemicals depending on the environment.
    • Normal: Concocts a bottle of thick goo, slowing the movement speed and attack speed (not casting speed) of enemies in the targeted area in x yards by x% amount.
    • Standing in damaging area: Concocts a highly flammable chemical which can be thrown to targeted area, inflicting a high damage, short damage over time effect to enemies within x yards.
    • Standing in healing area: Concocts a potion based on the ability to give life, and heal the chemist and all allies within x yards for xx% spellpower. (Only self-heal the life taker has)

Biochemist[Tank]
    This spec focuses on giving life to plants and stone, creating golems and minions to fight alongside them, whilst they stand on the frontlines.
    Uses agi mail.

Sample Abilities
    1.Create Life
    • Golem: Creates a golem of plants and rock, defending the biochemist from enemies and fighting alongside the biochemist. (think of a voidlord, but plant-based)
    • Dryad: A plant-based lifeform, damaging enemies who dare attack the biochemist, impaling them with thorns, spitting poison, binding them with vines. (The default damage pet, a passive pet like hunter pets.)
    2. Weapon Training: Allows the biochemist to use axes, swords, maces in combinations with shields, allowing them to fight effectively in melee range.
    3. Chemical plating [Toggle]: Enhances the armor of the chemist, making it more robust due to adding chemicals to the armor, chemicals induce rage in enemies.
    Reduces damage taken by biochemist by 20%, increases stamina by x% and increases threat generation by player and pet by x%.
    4. Gust: Swings the weapon at such a speed, it creates a gust traveling forward up to x yards, damaging all enemies in it's path.
    5. Demolish: After blocking a attack, retaliate with such force that you partially destroy the enemies armor. Does xx% weapon damage and applies Sunder Armor.

Curer [Healer]
    This spec focuses on throwing healing potions to allies, bolster them with special brews and even has a special interaction with Alchemy flasks.
    Uses Int Mail

Sample Abilities
    1. Enhanced Potion: Throws a strong healing potion, made by the chemist to heal an ally in range for xx% spellpower.
    2. Apply chemicals: Coats the allies armor in special chemicals, bolstering their defense. Increase stamina by x amount.
    3. Create life: Lifebinder - Summons a pet which acts as a catalyst for nature energy, helping the player heal allies. (A pet which has a couple of healing spells, controlled by the player alongside his own spells)
    4. Berserker Potion: Can only be applied to Death Knights, Paladins and Warriors. Increases auto attack speed by x% for x amount of time, increases their resource generation by x% and increases their damage by x%, also increases damage taken for the duration by 20%.

Questions?
    Will add more if asked.

How does tanking with a pet work?
    See it has a high skillcap tank, but one of the best if mastered, you control both the pets and your own abilities, if it gets hot under your feet, you can shift all the threat to your pet to get a breather, mind the pet is much more frail than you so you can't let it tank for too long.

Animator and Life Taker don't have self heals!?
    You can throw minor potions as Animator and Life Taker and heal yourself and your pet for small amounts. (Think of 10 to 30% ish depending on the potion available.)

Resource
    The Biochemist doesn't use a resource, but multiple resources.
    A lot of useless grey/white items in World of Warcraft get sold, but in this case, nearly all of them can be used to make some sort of potion, concoction or chemical coating, having a limited amount of items to choose from, it's effectivity and strength increase depending on the quality of these gray items.
    Also adds special effects to some.

Example: Making a Chemical Coating to buff your tank with a Light Feather, also increases their movement speed by x% for the duration.

Wouldn't this inflate the AH?
    Items drop with such frequency, that only special items will land on the AH, or they will be sold in bulk, like ores.
    At first prices will be stupendous, but it will regulate itself over time.

First edit: Changed spec names as Biochemist is limited to just the animator.
    I'd like to have the title changed to Chemist.

Any questions, please post them or PM me, I'll answer it in detail if I can.
    Last edited by mmoc851eedbfae; 2014-07-09 at 02:09 PM.

Always liked this idea. Here's another version of it;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...concept-(Long)

Cool stuff man!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Always liked this idea. Here's another version of it;

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...concept-(Long)

Cool stuff man!
    Teriz's Chemist is more like a tinker/engineer in some aspects though, mine's completely based on biochemistry.

Still cool though, I like his Concoction part a lot.

EDIT: And his idea looks to be a bit steampunkish, with the chemical gun and whatnot, which personally, I don't like in WoW, I prefer the full-fantasy approach.
    Last edited by mmoc851eedbfae; 2014-07-09 at 01:50 PM.

Deleted
    Sounds nice, but the problem with the way these are written is that they sound very specific. Almost like you're taking a spec for a class and turning it into three sub specs.

This sort of thing would work well as an alchemist/tinker class but most of what has been written is basically derivatives of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    Teriz's Chemist is more like a tinker/engineer in some aspects though, mine's completely based on biochemistry.

Still cool though, I like his Concoction part a lot.

EDIT: And his idea looks to be a bit steampunkish, with the chemical gun and whatnot, which personally, I don't like in WoW, I prefer the full-fantasy approach.
    Using a sub section of chemistry isn't really enough to make it distinct.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Lewor;28118426]Sounds nice, but the problem with the way these are written is that they sound very specific. Almost like you're taking a spec for a class and turning it into three sub specs.

This sort of thing would work well as an alchemist/tinker class but most of what has been written is basically derivatives of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Using a sub section of chemistry isn't really enough to make it distinct.
    Maybe I should've named it chemist, as Curer and Life Taker aren't limited to Biochemistry.

Deleted
    pretty cool but:
    doing "class idea threads" is waste of time nowadays.
    after 2 hours you will have shitload of text here like:

"nonnono!!!1!!!! your biochemist is just a alchemist engeenering proffesion with first aid!111!1!!"

or

"nonono!!11! this concept is stiupid and my tinker is better because Demon Hunters are warlocks"

or

"nonono! we already got enough classes"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    pretty cool but:
    doing "class idea threads" is waste of time nowadays.
    after 2 hours you will have shitload of text here like:

"nonnono!!!1!!!! your biochemist is just a alchemist engeenering proffesion with first aid!111!1!!"

or

"nonono!!11! this concept is stiupid and my tinker is better because Demon Hunters are warlocks"

or

"nonono! we already got enough classes"
    I know, don't be the first to start it.

I know it shares similarity with Alchemy, but it expands wholly on the fact that you're creating potions.
    Also, it creates different potions and interacts with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nicely done Insarius. You might want to check out this dungeon from TBC for some more ideas;

http://www.wowhead.com/zone=3847

Also feel free to use anything from my thread that you may find useful for your concept.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Nicely done Insarius. You might want to check out this dungeon from TBC for some more ideas;

http://www.wowhead.com/zone=3847

Also feel free to use anything from my thread that you may find useful for your concept.
    Thanks Teriz, I like your idea aswell, but it's too engineery/steampunky for me so I tried to keep it more fantasy-ish.

Different views on a possibly great class.

The Botanica is definitely a good place to get inspiration from, especially the Animator spec.

like the idea but pref different name

I definitely haven't seen much of this having been suggested before, so I quite like it. They only thing I can think is that maybe it's not a prevalent enough identity in WoW to fully make a class out of.
    Check out my expansion concept, World of Warcraft: Whispers of Madness
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Brittle Bones now has a 50% chance to turn the target into a purple-wearing supervillain.

Sounds like one part of the tinker.

Tinker is the only remaining possible WoW class.

Anything else is a copy of another class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post

A tinker is an expanded engineer, this is more like an expanded alchemist/herbalist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post

I'm forced to agree. No other theme is as broad as technology.

Even the Chemistry theme would be better served as a part of a larger technology class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I'm forced to agree. No other theme is as broad as technology.

Even the Chemistry theme would be better served as a part of a larger technology class.
    But I don't like tech. :<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It is not a waste of MY time anyhow, because when somebody puts effort in (like this guy) it is a fun read.

Just the first thing that popped in my mind was "Ahhh..is this class Forsaken only"?
    Nope!

It's {in my head} for:

Alliance:
    Human
    Gnome
    Draenei
    Night Elf

Horde:
    Forsaken
    Tauren
    Trolls
    Blood Elves

Since it's not focused on creating a chemical blight, but also on creating good stuff to help your allies.

Edit: And thanks for the kind words. ^^

Deleted
    Sounds cool in theory, but imagine all the work it takes to create a new class.

Interesting read. I think doing things like this is fun. it doesn't matter whether or not it makes it in game.

For Horde, wouldn't it make sense that his is available to Goblins as well, given the concoctions have different effects. Kinda fits the craziness of goblins, albeit more predictable and 'safe'. Not sure which other race you would remove it from though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildebeest View Post
    Sounds cool in theory, but imagine all the work it takes to create a new class.
    Indeed. It's better to focus on store mounts.

(Now I sound like a butthurt Vanilla fanboy. Damn.)
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."