Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    So did Noah sail down to Austraila to pick up two kangaroos? Or maybe something Adapted(evolved) into kangaroos. But then how did they make their way to austrailia? But wait, I thought evolution wasnt real?
    Micro and macro evolution are 2 different things, one is proven one is theory.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    It's extremely possible that the flood was the original eventual cause of the splitting of Pangaea.
    Should be rather easily to prove / disprove, since continental drift speed is well known.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    It is a private business and they are free to choose who they serve or what they make, the public is also free to boycott them.
    1. This
    2. Bert and Ernie brothers. That's incest.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    except its not private in the sense of a membership.
    Remember 50 years ago? Of course not.

50 years ago, if you were a black person living in Georgia, and you needed to get medicine from a business such as a pharmacy, with your warped logic, they would be denied service there.

Then you will say, go to another pharmacy. Well theres only 5 in town, and all 5 are operated by racist douchnozzels, amazon didnt exist yet, so you are tough out of luck to get medicine. You can replace pharmacy with anything. There a reason why this is something only bigots would defend.
    Getting medicine and getting cake is not the same thing. Once again, the bakers are not denying the people because they are gay, they are refusing to make a cake that endorses homosexuality.

This is not the same situation. They could ask for a regular cake and they would get it.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Micro and macro evolution are 2 different things, one is proven one is theory.
    Is that before or after they flew/swam to Australia?

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Should be rather easily to prove / disprove, since continental drift speed is well known.
    That assumes that it always moves the same speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    2. Bert and Ernie brothers. That's incest.
    They aren't brothers.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    "Businesses should not be able to pick and choose who they serve," Business should most definitely be able to pick and choose who they serve just like how people can pick and choose where they shop

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    Says who? Says logic. Evidencing the God of the Bible is a different argument.

No, the reasonable inference from this logical proof is that the origin was cause by a supernatural agent. You now accept this truth, I believe.

Christians didn't exist when most of those verses were even written. It had a lot to say about marriage, it never mentioned it being a practice only applicable to Christians or Jews.
    No, it's no proof at all. To me, the logical thing = there is no beginning to the universe. No supernatural shit, especially no god. If the Big Bang did not happen, I see no other way than for it to simply have existed since forever. No creation, just "happening".
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-07-09 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    They aren't brothers.
    And they aren't gay.

Pretty much. It would be the assumption that continental drift has always been perfectly consistent. Same reason why carbon dating is flawed; it assumes that the ratio of c12 to c14 in the atmosphere has always been perfectly consistent.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with people who want characters depicted a certain way to their liking. People do this all the time with fanfiction and other things.

I really don't understand why people are trying to assert that Bert and Earnie are a gay couple and are trying to make that imbedded in the Sesame Street narrative.

Their cake, their choice. It would have sucked if they outright refused to make any cake for the Gay couple, but in this case they were asked to make a cake with a logo of the Gay group. I'm sure they would have made a cake for the Gay couple if it didn't include the logo or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    Is that before or after they flew/swam to Australia?
    I do not know, nor have I claimed to know. I was simply pointing out that there are 2 types of evolution one that is a provable fact and the other an improvable theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    No, it's no proof at all. To me, the logical thing = there is no beginning to the universe. No supernatural shit, especially no god.
    That isn't backed up by science nor logic. You can't just state an opinion and then say its logical. You actually have to show why it is logical.

The belief in the big bang, coupled with the current scientific observations of an exponentially faster expanding universe, contradicts the notion of an infinite universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I'm sure there would be variations, but at least you can get ballpark numbers.
    I mean if current continental drift would put the shattering at -200 Million years +
    You can easily say that the Ark story is bogus.

Um yeah:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Pangaea was a supercontinent that existed during the late Paleozoic and early Mesozoic eras, forming approximately 300 million years ago. It began to break apart around 100 million years after it formed.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pangaea

Okay, that was easy...

Is there any reason to believe they moved at different speeds?

10+ Year Old Account
    This has mostly been derailed into completely unrelated territory, so I'm locking it.