Stood in the Fire Larsadius Rex's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Idea for fanfic- thoughts?

I already posted yesterday a different question, but pertaining to the same character, so I thought I'd elaborate on this character concept I have that I would much appreciate opinions on

So there's this human runescribe/runemaster named Larsardion whose life dream is to venture back into the land of Northrend to discover the secrets of his Vrykul ancestors, but more specifically, the frost vrykul ancestors. *incoming fanfic part that deviates (but doesn't conflict) with lore* In the storm peaks, there is a titan machine called the storm forge that the iron dwarves use that brands them with runes and empowers them with the power of lightning. That is actually in the game if you go to the north west of the storm peaks just north of where the horde zep crash is. So I thought of this: if that's what gives iron dwarves the powers of lightning and thunder, then what gives frost dwarves/frost vrykul the powers of frost? That's when I came up with the Frost Forge.

So this frost forge is what my character is searching for in Northrend. He hopes that if he finds it, he can use it to empower himself with frost runes and magic the same way his ancestors did. But when he finds it, it is occupied by some scourge (this is at the time of WoTLK). After he fights through them and makes his way to the forge, he finds that it was tainted by the lich king in order to make the frost vrykul part of his legion of the dead (which in lore, they are). Larsardion chooses to use it anyway, because he refuses to just turn back after his long journey to find it. When it finishes empowering him, he finds that instead of being marked with pure blue frost runes throughout his body, he has a mixture of frost runes, as well as sickly green unholy runes, and dark purple runes of death on his body (this justifies his classification as a death knight.) He finds that the unholy runes and death runes grant him immense power, but at the price of corruption, and he tries as hard as he can to only use the frost runes due to them being pure and uncorrupting.

So, what do you guys think? Do you think this is way too crazy to actually make sense in lore? (keep in mind I will only rp him as such with myself, and with others I will simply be a runemaster, because there's no reason this character would go around telling people "lol br0 I got corrupted and stuff on purpose"). I'd love some input and if anyone thinks there's anything in this that contradicts lore/makes no sense, I'd love to tell you how it makes sense in my mind

Sounds pretty cool. If I might make a suggestion, maybe have him be turned into a full-blown Death Knight with that stuff, then later on gets released from the Lich King's will after Arthas is killed. After Arthas died, in the brief period between Lich Kings, many Scourge broke free like the Forsaken and Ebon Blade. Many of those Scourge have joined the Forsaken or Ebon Blade. You could join one of them and that might be pretty cool. Maybe try and find a way to use your titan powers to cure your undeath?