Thread: WOD Feral PvP

Page 1 of 7
1
2
3
... LastLast
  1. #1

    WOD Feral PvP

    I'm getting really excited to play Feral PvP in WOD - am I wrong?

    1) Less complex rotation
    2) Less positional requirements crap
    3) Faster ramp into damage and good iconic bleeds
    4) Rejuv in cat form
    5) Yea we loose some CC but at the same time everyone does and half of these were necessary to land basic DPS routine we got freed from.

    Thoughts? Would be good to get beta players feedback!

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    I'm getting really excited to play Feral PvP in WOD - am I wrong?

    1) Less complex rotation
    2) Less positional requirements crap
    3) Faster ramp into damage and good iconic bleeds
    4) Rejuv in cat form
    5) Yea we loose some CC but at the same time everyone does and half of these were necessary to land basic DPS routine we got freed from.

    Thoughts? Would be good to get beta players feedback!

    Thanks
    rotation is same
    positional requirements ye, but still finger's memory trying to press shred while behind
    faster ramp yes
    too much self healing good for us , not for others
    from losing cc missing roots alot, cyclone I removed from keybinds already in current mop patch, too much interrupts

  3. #3
    Pit Lord MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelleas View Post
    I'm getting really excited to play Feral PvP in WOD - am I wrong?

    1) Less complex rotation
    2) Less positional requirements crap
    3) Faster ramp into damage and good iconic bleeds
    4) Rejuv in cat form
    5) Yea we loose some CC but at the same time everyone does and half of these were necessary to land basic DPS routine we got freed from.

    Thoughts? Would be good to get beta players feedback!

    Thanks
    Overall im pretty excited for my feral come WoD. Im a little concerned about loosing barkskin tho.
    Say what you want about the new survival instincts but if it wont be usable when stunned im not so impressed.

    Im also a bit worried about rake stunning which means forcing DR on stuns every time you apply bleeds. Bad design!

    Still time for lots of thing to change. Lets hope it will change for the better!
    Epic!

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Overall im pretty excited for my feral come WoD. Im a little concerned about loosing barkskin tho.
    Say what you want about the new survival instincts but if it wont be usable when stunned im not so impressed.

    Im also a bit worried about rake stunning which means forcing DR on stuns every time you apply bleeds. Bad design!

    Still time for lots of thing to change. Lets hope it will change for the better!
    That's probably the most concerning thing other than lack of cc. We were also balanced for pvp around using symb with priests & pallies for dispersion & bubble. So that's another form of mitigation we lose that was usable under cc effects. I'd rather have 1 charge of SI with barkskin back since we lost MoU as well, or just make SI usable while stunned and tune the numbers the compensate.

    Since we just got roots back I'm hoping roots will be much stronger in WoD to offset our near useless cyclone.

  5. #5
    I wonder how the return of Moonfire as baseline will affect Lunar Inspiration talent. For some reason celestalon never responds when I tweet him any one wanna take a shot at it and see if he responds. It would be nice to see a cool and unique option to feral intead of recycled crap.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mbal23 View Post
    I wonder how the return of Moonfire as baseline will affect Lunar Inspiration talent. For some reason celestalon never responds when I tweet him any one wanna take a shot at it and see if he responds. It would be nice to see a cool and unique option to feral intead of recycled crap.
    People on beta are saying that because caster MF is 20s long it overwrites LI MF (14s). And if caster MF is active LI MF won't work until it drops to 14s or below on duration.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Im also a bit worried about rake stunning which means forcing DR on stuns every time you apply bleeds. Bad design!
    Rake only stuns when used from prowling.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    Rake only stuns when used from prowling.
    Do we have confirmation from beta that rake used under incarnation won't just stun each time? I know you need to be prowling, but since you can prowl with incarnation active that could be a problem.

  9. #9
    Pit Lord MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    Rake only stuns when used from prowling.
    Oh shi.. thats really good. Guess that settles that concern Thanks!
    Epic!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaktard View Post
    Rake only stuns when used from prowling.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    Oh shi.. thats really good. Guess that settles that concern Thanks!
    you wish,
    when you in incarnation using it make rake stuns, up to 3 times(3s 2s and 1s) coz of diminishing
    Last edited by Zstr; 2014-07-11 at 02:49 PM.

  11. #11
    Pit Lord MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    you wish,
    when you in incarnation using it make rake stuns, up to 3 times(3s 2s and 1s) coz of diminishing
    I was more concerned about regular rake causing a stun than a stealth-rake.
    Also... it would make no sense that it would stun with incarnation unless you prowl
    before you use it...

    Rake is now only available to Feral Druids and also stuns the target for 4 seconds when used while stealthed.
    Also i dont know why you would rake (15 sec duration) someone 3 times during Incarnation which is 30 second duration.

    We will just have to wait and see i guess...
    Last edited by MrApple; 2014-07-11 at 03:08 PM.
    Epic!

  12. #12
    read up incarnation tooltip,
    `..alowing to use ability that require steath.` as u would be able to use pounce or revange,
    now their componets are used during rake and shred while in incarnation

  13. #13
    Pit Lord MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Zstr View Post
    read up incarnation tooltip,
    `..alowing to use ability that require steath.` as u would be able to use pounce or revange,
    now their componets are used during rake and shred while in incarnation
    It clearly says "abilities which normally requires stealth". Rake doesnt normally require stealth.
    Hence... logically it would not stun during incarnations duration. BUT.. blizz is blizz...
    Last edited by MrApple; 2014-07-11 at 03:58 PM.
    Epic!

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    I know what the tooltip says. That doesnt mean that its an intended design to have rake stun while in incarnation.
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...02211827466241

    On beta afaik Rake does stun in Incarnation. It's really, really stupid design.

  15. #15
    Pit Lord MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by ManneN View Post
    https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...02211827466241

    On beta afaik Rake does stun in Incarnation. It's really, really stupid design.
    It is indeed. Hopefully they will fix that before live or it will be completely shit
    Epic!

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by MrApple View Post
    It is indeed. Hopefully they will fix that before live or it will be completely shit
    I really doubt it considering they already know about it and have decided to do nothing about it, but I guess we'll see.

    Also anyone in the beta care to tell me the DPE of LI Moonfire compared to that of Shred?

    Unless it's a lot higher I just don't see it being a viable talent choice considering you still have to be melee range to actually use your combo points and to keep rake up. We also have the best mobility in the game, allowing us easy access to our target, imo no need for a ranged cp builder. As mentioned in another thread Bloodtalons is basically DoC which we've already seen is to complicated to use effectively in PvP and I don't see it being a viable choice at all. I can really only see Savagery as the go-to level 100 talent, due to the amount of freed up combo points and reduced ramp up time it gives, especially with the reduced cp generation that a new expansion brings due to lower crit.

    From the few Feral beta PvP vids I've seen Savagery seems to be their choice.

  17. #17
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    309
    Rake definitely does stun during Incarnation, did it on beta earlier. I can't really see it being a problem, except where you want to re-apply rake but don't want to stun to save the DR.

  18. #18
    I know what I want for feral PvP, I can about guarantee I won't be getting it.

    I want feral PvP to be actually about feral.

    I want it to be about Cat and Bear form but ever since WotLK, feral PvP seems more and more like becoming a mock rogue DPS racing for procs. Finally got to toy around with MoP as a feral and I can honestly say, I am FAR from impressed by it.

  19. #19
    savagery talent is all im excited for! the new savage roar glyph is pretty nice though!!!

  20. #20
    Pit Lord MrApple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Malmö
    Posts
    2,350
    Quote Originally Posted by Maekito View Post
    Rake definitely does stun during Incarnation, did it on beta earlier. I can't really see it being a problem, except where you want to re-apply rake but don't want to stun to save the DR.
    Thats pretty much the main thing this thread is about. But thanks for the input :P
    Epic!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •