Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I have nearly 5000 songs in my iTunes library and haven't experienced any slowdown or crashing issues. Sounds like you should reinstall and give it another shot.
    5000 is nothing, stop tickling me.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I'm not really interested in Spotify, even less interested in paying for mainstream music. The only music I buy are albums from Bandcamp *cough my profile cough*.
    I don't listen at all to mainstream music.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominitry View Post
    i use spotify for some nice ass music but there is commercials between songs so maye just windows media player or some other stuff like youtube works fine too
    You can put it off for 5 EUR a month, and for 10 you got premium. It does auto sync, I fire it up in my phone and it auto syncs my playlists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe use Real Player after you're done downloading with Kazaa. Don't forget to listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuY4FR-bmGY while you're in Windows Media Player.

No but really, just use iTunes, lol. I only use iTunes and VLC for everything.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I haven't experienced any of these issues, crashes, or slow-downs with iTunes that some of you are describing. It's very simple to use and manage, and isn't too offensive on the eyes as far as the UI goes... so I see no reason to switch.

I have nearly 5000 songs in my iTunes library and haven't experienced any slowdown or crashing issues. Sounds like you should reinstall and give it another shot.
    Important: OSX or windows?

I've literally never seen a Windows version of iTunes that doesn't hang, isn't slow or doesn't crash. Also, rebooting your PC after installing a MEDIA PLAYER, really? Not to mention that it doesn't automatically add my music (on 3 different PC's, fairly sure it's not PEBCAK) to it's library, you have to do it manually. Everytime I buy a song on Google Play. I could go on listing what's wrong with iTunes, and what foobar does better, but I'm going to leave it at that.

I usually don't recommend iTunes when you don't own an apple device. There's tons of free software that does what iTunes does, but WAY better. Why risk it not working well, when you can be more certain of other software? Also, iTunes uses a fair amount of ram for what it does, it's a lot compared to alternatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucci View Post
    Maybe use Real Player after you're done downloading with Kazaa. Don't forget to listen to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuY4FR-bmGY while you're in Windows Media Player.

Media Player 12 is actually better than iTunes 11 in many cases. I'd recommend it over iTunes for anyone using windows.
    Last edited by mmoc8f46f67acf; 2014-07-13 at 10:56 PM.

What do Real Player and Kazaa have to do with OP's problem?
    iTunes is a worse mediaplayer in about every aspect compared to Winamp, Foobar2000 and WMP on Windows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    What do Real Player and Kazaa have to do with OP's problem?
    iTunes is a worse mediaplayer in about every aspect compared to Winamp, Foobar2000 and WMP on Windows.
    It was a joke? And how the hell is iTunes worse? It's a media player...what do you really need more than what iTunes gives you? The ability to customize the layout?
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

10+ Year Old Account
    iTunes user here. I found it rather clunky to use on Windows, but using it on my Macbook Pro is a breeze. Syncing with my iPhone 5S is very easy as well.

It was a joke? And how the hell is iTunes worse? It's a media player...what do you really need more than what iTunes gives you? The ability to customize the layout?
    A mediaplayer that doesn't install 3 or 4 background programs for things I don't even have nor takes ages to install, doesn't force focus on itself when menu's are open and has FLAC support. Not to mention that iTunes is slow at startup and that I can't even play the music I bought in the store with anything else than iTunes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Personally I use Spotify, but I have the advantage of free Spotify Premium from my ISP.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    A mediaplayer that doesn't install 3 or 4 background programs for things I don't even have nor takes ages to install, doesn't force focus on itself when menu's are open and has FLAC support. Not to mention that iTunes is slow at startup and that I can't even play the music I bought in the store with anything else than iTunes.
    :O iTunes slow?

I've always used iTunes and have never experienced any slow downs myself. Running an 8tb iTunes server from my Synology NAS. iTunes works flawlessly on my macs, Mbp iPhone, iPad and Windows pc.

Winamp was nice though, I used it a lot between 1998 and 2000.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2014-07-14 at 11:33 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada,we've got freedom too, except we don't pretend to be american when we travel.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Or you are living in the nostalgic past. Either way, my fav list does exactly the same as all the music you bought (read: licensed). I have 780 songs in my fav list and yes I do listen the older ones. I had Spotify Premium for 2 years now which is 240 EUR in total which is cheaper than buying 780 songs in iTunes. If I want to remove a song from my list I didn't pay for nothing. On top of that, I don't pay 10 EUR for my Spotify Premium I get mine via a special deal for my provider together with a 200 MB data plan for 10 EUR. So I win.

For me, iTunes is so '00.
    Lol, I use itunes to create playlists and tag songs for use in dj software. Know why?
    Because it does what it says on the tin.

There are other options, but it's smooth enough when you use a macbook for proper club work, an ipad for outdoor shows.
    Nice and light with a Kontrol s4, I use dropbox to sync all my cue points and such between the ipad and macbookpro.

I'd use rekord box and pioneer cdj's, but I just cbf to carry all that shit and worry about it's well being from event to event; OR to hope where ever I am playing has kept them in good repair and provides everything I had on the rider. Ffs it's hard enough making sure the power plugs aren't spiky, flat, or so covered in old tape glue you might light the place up. (yah, seen that in a few world class places if you can imagine)
    So at home, or on the road I pop open itunes and just make fast playlists to play particular nights and then clean it up a bit from within traktor on the ipad, sync with dropbox and go play a show with the macbook, all the same cuepoints and track analysis across all devices.
    Not exactly hard to throw up a promo few hours from a night's set with integration of mixcloud on the traktor end of things.

Okay, it's not one software, but all my shit is organized across three devices.
    It works well for me, and no fuckups, ever (knock on wood).
    Although i must admit I do like beatport's little program, and if things were not so smooth I'd have a go at that.

But anyways Lolalola, spotify is great and all, but it's hardly the end all be all, trying to elitist about music with a paid music service is not that win,
    if you want to roll 'elitist music spaz', you have to get all the one off mixes, bootlegs and mashups from talking with producers, make inroads and such.
    Pretty sure my residency in Ibiza can walk all up and down your spotify plan any day of the week. And it's not 'so 00's' I just got in from a set. Played the whole damn weekend.
    None of that matters though, because first and foremost, I'm a music FAN.
    Just like you.
    Last edited by Bigbamboozal; 2014-07-14 at 11:35 AM.
    "There are other sites on the internet designed for people to make friends or relationships. This isn't one" Darsithis Super Moderator
    Proof that the mmochamp community can be a bitter and lonely place. What a shame.

Quote Originally Posted by tielknight View Post
    Am I a bad person for saying that i still use WMP(V12 now)? Does my playlists, syncs, video, etc.
    I use WMP as well. It comes with Windows and it does what I need it to do. Which isn't much, I maybe have a few hundred MP3 files (scattered across 2 laptops), most of which are songs my sister wanted put on a CD. I hardly ever listen to music anyway. When it comes to video WMP does lack some codecs, but WMP and FLV together cover just about everything.

Deleted
    MusicBee is the bomb, it makes organasing a decently sized library rather painless compared to the alternatives.

I would only recommend iTunes on OS X.

foobar2000 is the next best thing that I know of. I still primarily use Winamp for music/playlists. Been using it for as long as I can remember and have never had any serious problems. There's also nothing wrong with using WMP....the current version is pretty nice for basic use.

I think iTunes is an abomination and will not install/use it on my PC under any circumstances.

I use VLC for most video files, just because it can play pretty much everything. Whenever I try to open something with Winamp or WMP and get the "cannot play this file because blah blah insert bullshit reasons here" stuff, I just open it with VLC, which seems to get right past whatever bullshit problem the other programs were giving me.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2014-07-14 at 02:32 PM.