Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    FYI they aren't the same company anymore.

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7559/t...for-35-million
    Since Toshiba (who now own OCZ) and make Nand chips, I can only see this being a good thing in the long run for prices per GB in regards to SSD's.
    Never used any Sandisk products (also owned by Toshiba according to that article) so I cant really say anything about their drives, However I have had several Toshiba products in the past including TV and video recorders, and all of them have been great quality. So I am not too worried about them producing SSD's.

You're going to want to move your paging file off the SSD and onto your mechanical drive.. will greatly increase its life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    my OCZ Agility 3 has been rock solid for the last 2 and half years. I would buy one again.
    Same, i was one of the suckers that fell into the Vertex3 trap back when it had tons of issues, (comparable to agility 3 i believe), and while i did have issues on the motherboard i had back then (bluescreening once or twice a day) ever since i upgraded to a p67 motherboard for the 2500k series back then i never had any issues with it again, never changed firmware like they suggested or anything as people were reporting it was made worse by it, and it's still rocksolid today .. Tho i upgraded to an EVO500 cause the 120GB was just not cutting it anymore when it comes to space.

I have to admit i probably wouldn't buy another OCZ (or whatever it is now, as long as it's the same tech) because of the fiasco with it back then though, even tho i stuck with it's issues and was lucky enough to never face them again once i upgraded, it did leave a mark when it comes to drive stability.
    Last edited by mmocd74118d970; 2014-07-12 at 09:59 AM.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunarien View Post
    You're going to want to move your paging file off the SSD and onto your mechanical drive.. will greatly increase its life.
    Yes, however it will also greatly increase shut down times. =/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nosty View Post
    Same, i was one of the suckers that fell into the Vertex3 trap back when it had tons of issues, (comparable to agility 3 i believe), and while i did have issues on the motherboard i had back then (bluescreening once or twice a day) ever since i upgraded to a p67 motherboard for the 2500k series back then i never had any issues with it again, never changed firmware like they suggested or anything as people were reporting it was made worse by it, and it's still rocksolid today .. Tho i upgraded to an EVO500 cause the 120GB was just not cutting it anymore when it comes to space.

I have to admit i probably wouldn't buy another OCZ (or whatever it is now, as long as it's the same tech) because of the fiasco with it back then though, even tho i stuck with it's issues and was lucky enough to never face them again once i upgraded, it did leave a mark when it comes to drive stability.
    The Agility 3 had the same issues. It was all drives that had the SandForce-2281 controller... what a nightmare. There were ones from Corsair, Kingston, OCZ, Intel, basically almost all SSD manufacturers... except for Crucial and Samsung. <3 I had a 120GB Agility 3 for all of one week, it was burden with the freeze-up issues, so I returned it and got the very Crucuial m4 128GB that remains in my system now. What a solid piece of hardware the m4 has been too! It's seen several Windows reinstallations, even some firmware updates, plenty of games have been installed on it and then uninstalled, tons of drivers. 3+ years now of fairly decent usage and it's chugging along well.

The real problem with OCZ, however, was that unlike Corsair, who recalled all of their drives with that controller, OCZ tried to pretend it wasn't an issue, they didn't do anything about it, they didn't trust their thousands of customers reporting these issues. Suffice to say, that led to OCZ's inevitable downfall.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I like samsung; especially for laptops as they have a very energy efficient design.

I built a i3 system with a samsung for my sisters husband and haven't heard any complaints.

as other posters have mentioned just manage your space with installing to the mechanical drive.

Wow is such a space hog that I've installed it on my mechanical drive. I've not compared boot up times for the game vs being on the SSD vs mechanical drive; is their really that much noticable difference? obviously i like my system boot up times running SSD. I run 12 gb ram and suppose that helps some vs running minimum 4gb ram.......

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skitszo View Post
    I like samsung; especially for laptops as they have a very energy efficient design.

I built a i3 system with a samsung for my sisters husband and haven't heard any complaints.

as other posters have mentioned just manage your space with installing to the mechanical drive.

Wow is such a space hog that I've installed it on my mechanical drive. I've not compared boot up times for the game vs being on the SSD vs mechanical drive; is their really that much noticable difference? obviously i like my system boot up times running SSD. I run 12 gb ram and suppose that helps some vs running minimum 4gb ram.......
    Here's an older video comparing an old school SSD vs an older WD HDD, see for yourself:

Here's a video I made, showing the speeds on, the then freshly installed, Crucial m4 128GB in my desktop:

(Apologies for how I talk, I wasn't used to speaking so much back then... and I was obsessed about listing/saying ALL of the specs haha)

As you can tell, newer SSDs are even quicker! :P
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water