Thread: Druid races

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    It's an interesting idea but they'd never put that much work into just one class. Ideally they could just let us copy skins for animals in the world that use the same skeletons as our forms. That would be the best way to get some variety with less effort. Though most of the animal skins are very outdated so it would look terrible, unless there are some new WoD skins that use our skeletons.
    That's one of the simplest and most effective options. Hunters are the only class who gets to fully utilise new models every single expansion/patch. Yet druids who use animals for their very own appearance are stuck with dated ones.

It's an interesting idea but they'd never put that much work into just one class. Ideally they could just let us copy skins for animals in the world that use the same skeletons as our forms. That would be the best way to get some variety with less effort. Though most of the animal skins are very outdated so it would look terrible, unless there are some new WoD skins that use our skeletons.
    Actually, it is an insanely easy was to do it.

First, you assign each section of a model to correspond with a different item slot. This is pretty easy and it works for every player since they all use the exact same character models for their forms.

Then, you have each item have a fur pattern that overlays in that area. Literally all you would add to each item is the fur pattern which would take up about as much space as a guild tabard at most, the overlay location would handle the rest.

If you wanted to make it more elaborate, you could have multiple patterns depending on the forms and race but even then, it is still insanely easy. The hardest work would be setting up the overlay locations based on the character mesh but even that would be trivial, they should be able to do all the legwork for that for every race and form model within hours with the hardest part actually being to go back and create overlays for all the older weapons and items.

I'm just happy that I can go Tauren again in WoD without losing much dps.

just like the hunter's ability "Dire Beast", that you summon a beast that matches the zone you're in, but instead when you go into cat, you match the zone you're in... could see it as a glyph

I love playing my Druid as my PvP main because playing as a Feral is just fun in bgs.

Troll: DPS racial, best looking Cat Form imo, but really shitty flight form that I hate so much.

Tauren: Nice looking Cat Form, Short stun, the best flight form in the game.

Worgen: Zero PvP racials and shitty Alliance. Really nice Flight and Cat forms.

Nelf: Smeld nuff said, nice looking cat and flight form. But shitty alliance.

I currently have a Troll and Nelf Druid, but my Nelf Druid was only used to farm IoC and AV achieves which are now done lol.

Female Trolls ftw!

Astral form is good enough for me.. way better than moonkin! However when I play resto I always hated tree form :/