Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How about an open world game similar to GTA where the main character is a cop?

Has it really been done? I guess LA Noire is similar.. Wish Rockstar would make a GTA where the main character is a cop.. Would be neat.

Sleeping Dogs.
    ---Veritas Aequitas:Truth is Justice---

it'd just be some moody, annoying bullshit like C.S.I.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelynath View Post
    Sleeping Dogs.
    Never played that game. Is it any good?

Deleted
    Sleeping Dogs.
    Excellent suggestion. You play as an undercover cop in a Hong Kong triad. Really good game with a nice melee combat system. I enjoyed it more than any GTA game so far.

True Crime: Streets of LA

10+ Year Old Account
    Sleeping Dogs.
    How can you compare Sleeping Dogs with GTA... the driving is so bad, it's not a car game to me, it's a spy game.

For me Sleeping Dogs is one of the worst game I played this year.

Quote Originally Posted by reemi View Post
    How can you compare Sleeping Dogs with GTA... the driving is so bad, it's not a car game to me, it's a spy game.
    How can you compare GTA with a 'car game'? Would you compare it as a Platform game because the protagonists can usually jump?

really? you should try watchdog.........

Deleted

I thought the driving in sleeping dogs was far better than that of GTA, at least on pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by americandavey View Post
    True Crime: Streets of LA
    Oh that game.....the city looks like its made out of blocks.

The game punish you like its no tommorow and civilians are so retarded that just want to get killed.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I thought the driving in sleeping dogs was far better than that of GTA, at least on pc.
    The driving in sleeping dogs is better then GTA4, GTA5 however owns them both and has by far the best driving in any sandbox crime game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Oh that game.....the city looks like its made out of blocks.

The game punish you like its no tommorow and civilians are so retarded that just want to get killed.
    Looks like Max Payne to me.

Street Dogs is the spiritual successor to Streets of LA, which was a great game in it's own right when it came out. Street Dogs is a great game as well.

Maybe you are confussing Sleeping Dogs with Watch Dogs. The first one is from 2012 and the driving was not bad at all, although the best part was melee combat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crackdown? I mean its not your traditional Cop theme but it is open world and the main character is a cop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Maybe you are confussing Sleeping Dogs with Watch Dogs. The first one is from 2012 and the driving was not bad at all, although the best part was melee combat.
    This is probably the case, sleeping dogs is the one with the asians. (that's how I remember it :P)

10+ Year Old Account
    It would probably get old quickly. I imagine most GTA players (myself included) callously commit theft, speeding, murder et al on a whim, and that's what they're accustomed to. It might be an unwelcome change of pace to be discouraged or heavily penalized for that same behaviour in a mainstream GTA game.

They could make it work if they were generous with it though. A pragmatic "good" cop and an unscrupulous "bad" cop path or something. I'd play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Has it really been done? I guess LA Noire is similar.. Wish Rockstar would make a GTA where the main character is a cop.. Would be neat.
    Go play sleeping dogs. Your an undercover cop who goes well undercover to infiltrate the Triad. What I thought was really interesting is you can still commit crimes in that game and crap and it'll give you Triad points instead of cop points. Plus I personally really liked the main character.
    And to what Zaelsino mentioned outside of missions you can totally kill whoever you want and goof off. It's just in missions where you lose cop points by killing people willy nilly.
    Last edited by Flalia4; 2014-07-10 at 01:30 PM.

Surprised you came away with that opinion. GTA, as fun as it is has never had particularly great handling either. I would love it if one of them managed to get something like the original Grid into one of these games.