2 pet battling questions

is there a better place than dire maul to level , level 1 pets? is there anyway to find out what trainer your missing for taming the world, im just short 1. thnx

10+ Year Old Account
    Click on the achivement, it will show the list, won't it? If not, not sure..its been a long while lol. Just do the achievement "The longest day!" and you will get that one to for sure! (if you are capable of doign all pandaria dailies of course)

I usually do a single pet battle against an eternal strider in vale and if the level one dies I just forfeit and start over. If the strider heals or uses pump or soothe, hit it once and put in your other pets. That gets your pet from 1-6.
    You're a towel.

I battle with 2 level 25s and a 1. Figure out which pet heals its first move then swap out the level one. It will get you to level 6 or so. Then I pet battle various tamers in pandaria. Onyxia whelpling and chromius or yeti will be the two I use to fight most of them. Some variations.

If you have the right pets the fastest way to level pets is via the pet trainers. With the safari hat it's 6 Pandaria trainers from 1-25. Of the 14 trainers that can drop the upgrade stones, 7 are trivial to do with a level 1 pet, and only two are hard to do with a level 11 pet (pet's level after 1 fight).

For straight fighting I prefer the area outside the tavern hidden in the mists. All three pets are guaranteed to be critters, level 23-25, so it's easy to set up to mow them down.

10+ Year Old Account
    For wild pet battles I use a Zandalari Anklerender in Valley of the Four Winds (the heartland). The area is safe, so my character can level 1-90, and all you do is throw the level 1 out first, have it do something for a turn, then swap the Anklerender in. With Devour it self heals and I can solo with only needing to use the pet battle heal spell maybe once an hour, if that.

Use the level 1 pet against the Marsh Critters first, their only dangerous ability at that level is skitter. Whereas the Quillrats and Bandicoons often use Poison Fang, which is quite dangerous for a few levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    A beast (pref one of the cats - panther cub or darkmoon cub) and a moth, then level in Valley of the Four winds against critters and aquatics.