10+ Year Old Account

3 min H siegecrafter kills - Glyph fire Ele?

Hey guys, kind of an odd question.

Our 10man Siegecrafter kills are nearing the sub 3min mark (3:28 last week), and I was just wondering if it would be worth glyphing FET for this fight.

Lose a lot of the opening burst obviously but casting it twice would make overall dps more steady wouldn't it if matched with 2nd pot and EM? I have 4/4 HWF AoC so i think it's like a 1.35min CD or something like that?

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    You should try it out on a dummy. One with and without the glyph and stop yourself at 3:28. It won't be accurate exactly but you can get a good overall feel.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

I didn't think it was worth it unless you were able to get a third Ele...especially on a boss like Seige where you BL off the pull.

It's a minute of Elemental either way...but w/o the glyph the Elemental gets BL for 45s instead of 30 on and 30 off.

Just using top of head reasoning math not a sim or anything

Deleted
    I think Jayinjersey is right. On top of there not actually being any gain in uptime, you are costing yourself an extra GCD. I'm pretty sure unglyphed would be better.

The Glyph of Fire Elemental Totem never really increases your uptime. It just gives you flexibility in your uptime. The only reason to glyph FET on Siegecrafter is if you're doing belts and need to spread out your cooldowns. If your raid is approaching a 3 minute kill on H Siegecrafter, I seriously doubt you're on the belt.

Glyph of FET, as jayinjersey noted, also reduces the time where your FET is getting synced with BL. It also makes it very easy to have really bad luck and have your second FET sync with none of your major procs. It's really unlikely to get a DPS benefit out of GFET unless it allows you to sync multiple FETs with multiple vulnerability phases, which it would not in this case.
    Author, Hekili, a priority helper addon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hekili View Post
    The Glyph of Fire Elemental Totem never really increases your uptime. It just gives you flexibility in your uptime. The only reason to glyph FET on Siegecrafter is if you're doing belts and need to spread out your cooldowns. If your raid is approaching a 3 minute kill on H Siegecrafter, I seriously doubt you're on the belt.
    It does increase uptime, in fights where you would not have enough time for 2 unglyphed FET, but enough for 3 whilst glyphed. Outside of that situation though, you are right it doesn't make a different, so the difference is what happens during the time is it up.

EDIT: See below for why I am an idiot and need to sleep more.
    Last edited by mmoc63fa3da953; 2014-07-17 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Undefetter View Post
    It does increase uptime, in fights where you would not have enough time for 2 unglyphed FET, but enough for 3 whilst glyphed. Outside of that situation though, you are right it doesn't make a different, so the difference is what happens during the time is it up.
    3 glyph = 1.5 unglyphed, not 2? Not seeing how you are getting more uptime in terms of seconds.

unglyphed:
    pop @0 for 1 min
    wait full cd (dont have hc wf, i dont imagine it comes off in time for 3 min kill..?)
    pop @3.X min for 1 min

glyphed:
    Pop @0 for 30 seconds
    Wait half cd
    Pop @ 1.Y min for 30 seconds
    Wait half cd
    Pop @ 3.X min for 30 seconds

No? I haven't slept in a couple days but I could swear that's correct.

I'd always recommend running unglyphed for constant and burst dps too pretty much. Especially on burst, it's very frequent to get multiple Haromm's at the start of the fight due to the amounts of haste and have it run into the second half of fire ele, from my experience. As already mentioned your BL will have 10~ seconds not used on fire ele if you use glyph. A lot of the dps gain argued later in the fight is just trying to catch up by that point.
    Last edited by Raiju; 2014-07-17 at 10:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

10+ Year Old Account
    Not too sure how your math works out, but mine is a bit different:

(glyphed)
    0s-30s = 1st time (30s uptime)
    2m30s - 3m = 2nd time (60s uptime)
    5m - 5m30s - 3rd time (90s uptime)
    7m30s - 8m = 4th time (120s uptime)
    10m - 10m30s = 5th time (150s uptime)
    12m30s - 13m = 6th time (180s uptime)

(unglyphed)
    0s-1m = 1st time (60s uptime)
    5m-6m = 2nd time (120s uptime)
    10m-11m = 3rd time (180s uptime)

Deleted
    Oh wow. I'm going to leave that there because I'm an idiot but yeah, you guys are right. I need to sleep more! I was reverting back to the old version of the Glyph. You are right, the Glyph is 50% duration and 50% CD now, not skewed either way, so it has no affect on uptime at all. Woops! No more all nighters working for me!

Only potential advantage is the trading of 10 seconds of heroism uptime in exchange for lining it up with your second potion and getting full use out of that. Not sure if worth though.
    I love arguing! BRING ON THE TROLLS!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...twiki/advanced - Contributor to Stormearthandlava.com

10+ Year Old Account
    Woops! No more all nighters working for me!
    The alternative I personally prefer is not to do math after an all-nighter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistwiki View Post
    Only potential advantage is the trading of 10 seconds of heroism uptime in exchange for lining it up with your second potion and getting full use out of that. Not sure if worth though.
    yea second pot is the thing you gain so 25 seconds of pot vs 10 seconds of lust is what you're really measuring... You could just sim it fairly easily if you really want to know...