Want to play on high graphics

Hey guys,
    I know building your own pc is better than buying a premade one, so skip that, I'm using the CyberpowerPC GUA 880.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JYF0TJO/...ter_B00K14BLH6
    I already replaced the power supply on it to a pricey 600 watt EVGA one, so that's fine.
    It has a GT 610 in it, and it has really poor performance even on low graphics on SWTOR. On WoW it runs fine on low, but will lag badly on anything higher.
    I want to be able to run SWTOR and WoW on high graphics without having the ridiculous lag that I get (It's almost impossible to even turn the camera)
    Would I just have to replace the graphics card? Or is there some other part that would be acting up?
    Leveling up a mage is like being Irish: drinking, fighting, drinking, fighting, drinking, fighting.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on what you want to do. Unfortunately the AMD CPU is going to struggle with large raids, if that's what you're doing in WoW and SWTOR, but a new graphics card will definitely be needed first.

Also, moving this to the build/upgrade subforum
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    GPU definitely needs replaced. How much can you spend?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    While it would benefit, you're biggest mistake was wasting $530 on a pretty poor set up. I don't even know how they consider that "Gamer Ultra". AMD Processors are pretty weak for MMO games as well. Replacing the graphics card will help by a good amount but probably won't completely solve issues for things like 25man raids.

I'm aware of your first sentence, but you would've just been better off optimizing the parts better for the games you play by going with at least a dual core intel and a decent graphics card. This would've easily been obtainable by building your own. If you can return that computer to better invest $530 I would honestly do so while you have the chance. Even if you don't build your own, I'm sure somewhere here can help you find a premade that is better worth the money.

Deleted
    20/20 hindsight, we all love having it

Deleted
    If you can return your original build, you can get this one for $50 more:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor ($69.99 @ Amazon)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($29.98 @ OutletPC)
    Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: Kingston Fury Red Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Memory ($74.99 @ Amazon)
    Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($52.91 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R7 260X 2GB Double Dissipation Video Card ($119.98 @ SuperBiiz)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX Power Supply ($37.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $585.80
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Unlocked CPU for overclocking, but the dual-core/dual-thread-only hurts it. It should, however, be able to play SWTOR on high.