Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Dual wield expertise question

Hey guys,

Yesterday I finally got a HC WF seismic bore, I already have a HC WF fist wep in my main hand. (I'm an orc)
    Now I've a dilemma I'd say, I'm not entirely sure about the expertise cap now.

Do I only have to reach 7.50% with my main hand wep(fist wep) or do I need to reach 7.50% with my off-hand aswell?
    I never had this situation.

Will the off-hand not being at exp cap be a dps decrease?

I'm assuming I only need to have main hand expertise capped for my special attacks not to get dodged.

Any help is appreciated.

~Diss

Short answer: If your auto attack is a big portion of your dmg, yes, you need expertise in both, if it's not, then 7.5% on the main hand is enough.

I'll leave the long answer to other fellow monk players though.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The difference will be negligible, auto attack damage is about 15% for total on most fights for most people! offhand damage is roughly half that, so about 7.5% of your total, if your dodge/parried 1% of the time then that's a dps loss of 0.75%.

If that doesn't make sense then realize that after you cap your mainhand expertise, you're only getting half the use out of further expertise.

Basically it's not necessary unless you have an excess of stats.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Deleted
    To be honest, I never saw anybody go for more than 7.5% (not counting tanks of course). It would require a lot of additional exp to cap your offhand and therefore those wasted stats you would reforge from (or not reforge into) are much bigger loss than the gain of 0% dodge/parry.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the responses guys.

I'm already at a comfortable haste cap so I just reforged 1 ring to expertise to get to 7.49%.

~Diss