Thread: Soul Swap nerf

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Soul Swap nerf

Now costs 1 soul shard
    Last edited by Biruta; 2014-07-10 at 01:59 AM.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Deleted
    it should be nerfed at least..

RIP to my affliction warlock.

Blizzard isn't done yet beta is just starting lots of things will change, I personally can't see this going live potentially with a charge system or a timed buffed that allows a time-limit to use soul swap without consuming shards for like 10 seconds or so, or every 5 soul swap casts a shard is consumed.

Deleted
    Soul Swap isn't nerfed they are just changing tooltips. Currently Soul Swap already costs 1 shard to get all 3 dots up.
    Nothing changes except a tooltip

Deleted
    Do they always have to confuse people with the tooltip changes?
    Last edited by mmoc75ce1a8d3d; 2014-07-10 at 07:23 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    Soul Swap isn't nerfed they are just changing tooltips. Currently Soul Swap already costs 1 shard to get all 3 dots up.
    Nothing changes except a tooltip
    The thing that costs 1 shard is Soulburn, so there would be no reason to put it into the soulswap tooltip. Do you have any information from beta to confirm it?

Just checked on beta, swap costs 1 shard. Soulburn also costs 1 shard which makes SB+SS cost 2 shards
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSmallBody/videos - Warlock soloing & other stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by Small snowball View Post
    Just checked on beta, swap costs 1 shard. Soulburn also costs 1 shard which makes SB+SS cost 2 shards
    I thought in a more recent build they removed soul swap from abilities that could be soul burned, or did I misread? Will try to find link.

Edit: Scrolled through 5 or 6 pages of previous beta/alpha builds, no dice. It's really disheartening to see soul burning soul swap at such a ridiculous cost. What's the point to affli with this change unless they are cutting down keybind clutter by doing what I mentioned above, removing soul swap from soul burn and just making swap cost a shard and function as if it's soulburned all the time.

Either way, going to wait and see how things turn out in a week or so, then I will start to sweat.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2014-07-10 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Clarification
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

Quote Originally Posted by JulianD View Post
    RIP to my affliction warlock.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    RIP affliction
    Really ... ? It's a data-mined piece of information which is often wrong or filled with errors, and even then it's from the Beta, a place to test new concepts and plans. Add to that you've not seen how the "New Affliction" will play out now with the recent purge of useless spells and merging of others. Play styles are changing, you might find yourself enjoying the need for Soul Swap to cost a Shard.

Deleted
    People should chill out. It is still Beta things might still change or it might even be a bug?! Who knows till we see what hits live and when we see live numbers.
    Maybe fights dont need a slot of soulswapping or maybe they are gonna buff durations?! who knows but for now just chill the f out.

Deleted
    Ιf that goes live, i m stopping playing wow altogether.........classic Blizzard mentality.......lock are strong, lets balance them by reducing them to a crappy shithole

15+ Year Old Account
    ive never played a warlock before, is this really that big of a deal?

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    unless they are chaning some stuff we don't know about it is at least a largish deal. we use soul swap to quickly spread our dots around and maximise our damage. by putting a soul shard cost on it it makes it so we have a hard cap on how much we can spread in a short time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    If you got a multiple boss fight you can just soul swap the dots endlessly (also allowing huge initial burst) now you can do it as many times as the number of you available shards,
    The nerf is as big as a nerf can get, but it's justified since soul swap it's a broken mechanic in so many ways.

They will probably balance it through other ways so not really worrying.
    Last edited by Keosen; 2014-07-10 at 08:08 AM.

Or they could remove it, and make you have to actually cast your dots on every target.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soul swap is incredibly broken in pvp right now, something has to change. Apparently its pretty op in pve as well.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Or they could remove it, and make you have to actually cast your dots on every target.
    I think they want to nudge us in that direction while still allowing us the ability to spread our dots around quickly. It will just be a non trivial choice now instead of us being some sort of death dealing Oprah.