Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

[DESTRO] Rain of fire (RoF) change pls

Hello all here,

do anyone know where to put "WISH" to the Blizzard about to change some mechanics (besides of the official bNet forums) ?
    Change to the annoying placing of RoF. From my point of view best way to fix it : Glyph to place RoF on the current target.
    I am ready to sacrifice Major Glyph slot

or some better idea how to fix this ?

Thanx a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you change this? Pointing and clicking is not only quick, but it also means you can potentially hit more mobs with Rain Of Fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shienna View Post
    Why would you change this? Pointing and clicking is not only quick, but it also means you can potentially hit more mobs with Rain Of Fire.
    because it´s annoying to do this sh*t every 5 seconds. Something needs to be done, even if it´s a higher duration on RoF...or even better, autocast RoF on your FnB target, additional to your standard RoF spell
    Last edited by mmocac301e9072; 2014-04-10 at 09:09 AM.

Placing it every 5 seconds is a burden?

How about having to channel it then? I'm sure you'd LOVE that.

Don't fix what isn't (completely) broken. It may be a relatively short duration; but instant cast, non-channeled, duration AoE that you can have more than one of; is a pretty damn cool spell.

PLEASE don't get them to fudge with any more lock stuff for a while; it gets tiring after a few xpacs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CandyCotton Marshmallows View Post
    Don't fix what isn't (completely) broken. It may be a relatively short duration; but instant cast, non-channeled, duration AoE that you can have more than one of; is a pretty damn cool spell.
    because anything that isn´t completly broken doesn´t need to be fixed? what kind of logic is this?

Honestly I think destro is easy enough to play as is without making it that much more mindless to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shienna View Post
    yes, becaus its completly annoying. Longer duration is only half solution, the pointing and clicking is insane. As I said, if it can be done through the glyph, everyone can chose YES / NO. And I say YES

10+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it only a gain if you're under meta-gem proc and / or bloodlust?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by plastkaze View Post
    Isn't it only a gain if you're under meta-gem proc and / or bloodlust?
    for AoE is it MUST-CAST spell, so whole trash during raids u have to each 5sec recast this and also point the circle to right position

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deisak View Post
    for AoE is it MUST-CAST spell, so whole trash during raids u have to each 5sec recast this and also point the circle to right position
    Oohh..trash. Who cares? >>

The only annoying thing I can come to think of is if you're on max distance and you accidently target too far away and have to recast it.

The spell is perfect as is. It allows you to place it exactly where you want, you can have multiple of them at the same time without requiring targets and it adds a li'l level of complexity while AoE'ing. I wouldn't change it in the slightest.

Repeatedly placing a targeting reticule when in the middle of your roation does get very annoying.

Are you really complaining about Destro AoE?

The only change I could be on board with is a glyph to do it as I would absolutely detest not being able to control specifically where I drop it. Too many times I clip the edge of mobs to avoid breaking neighboring CC, as example.

Ironically enough, HoG placed on target I'd never change to targeting circle with glyph either....but that's primarily for reaction time for stacking the dot and not about accuracy on its placement.

Now if they wanted to make RoF stack in a similar fashion, I'd be on board.

But really I don't want them even looking at our AoE. Nothing to see here...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizelda View Post
    Now if they wanted to make RoF stack in a similar fashion, I'd be on board.

But really I don't want them even looking at our AoE. Nothing to see here...
    BLZ will touch our numbers

Dear Cele, never gets old, but why be any other dps when you can be warlock? And why did you guys stop game balance hotfixing?
    There's a huge conversation to be had about *when* to nerf. Short answer is that nerfing warlocks would also nerf *guilds*. (Celestalon)
    Instead, we think the right call is to leave them until Warlords, then fix them there. We agree that they're too strong now (Celestalon)

But thx for YES

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LeyrHao View Post
    The spell is perfect as is. It allows you to place it exactly where you want, you can have multiple of them at the same time without requiring targets and it adds a li'l level of complexity while AoE'ing. I wouldn't change it in the slightest.
    I agree that there are situations where targeting this fire circle is better than automaticly place center of this circle on the current target, therefor I suggest to make it "glyphable". In raids I could use it almost 100% of time.

I'm really hating on this guy.

He really doesn't seem to understand warlocks at all, I don't like where the game looks like it's headed and he seems to be a dick.

So many of his "Fuck Warlocks" answers contradict improvements to other classes.

If you want to nerf us, fine, adjust numbers but leave the soul of the class alone.

OT: RoF isn't really a large part of our AoE tool kit. It's the whip cream on top. And with it's current targeting method, it provides added utility. For example to can start AoE before the adds appear. I assume that you can use it to pop stealthers as well.
    Last edited by Grizelda; 2014-04-10 at 02:37 PM.

Yeeeaaah.... I'd say to not give them any ideas about destro AoE. They might as well look at FnB and nerf it's mastery.
    But I doubt VERY much we would lose dps as demo/afflic, the nerfs celestalon is talking is more about utility I think.

Deleted
    Grizelda : they will not much change our major rotation because Locks was rewamped in the Mist, so we can be fine with this, but the numbers are problem in their eyes, so the will beat us with the "nerf-stick".

RoF : as I said, sometimes its better to have it "placeable" sometimes will be much more comfortable to just push the button.

Deleted
    I wouldn't actually immediatly neglect this idea. You make it into a major glyph. Your Rain of Fire lands on your current target, but you can only have one up at a time. You lose the ability to set up more than one and the flexibility of putting it where you want, but you lose the mouse movement and the click. Could maybe be a decent idea?