Thread: Gear Crisis

Gear Crisis

Ok so... I'm a DW Frost DK. I have my 4 set bonus. I have the ordos warforged shoulders (Rossi's Rosin-Soaked Shoulderplates) and I'm looking on icy veins and it says that the tier shoulders are BiS. I don't have the heroic ones though. I also currently have the tier legs equipped and it says that Legplates of Willful Doom is BiS. So if I equipped the tier shoulders then I'd wanna equip the willful doom legs. Do I stick with the warforged shoulders until I get heroic ones? The warforged ones offer more mastery. However, the legs of willful doom are considerably better than the tier legs. Here's a link to my character: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tives/advanced
    Also, the legs of willful doom that I have aren't warforged so equipping the tier shoulders would drop my iLv (I think). If it wont drop my iLv, someone please tell me. It'll make this a lot easier.

slap on tier shoulders + doom legs.

tier legs + WF shoulders = haste+ haste + mastery+ crit,

Doom legs + tier shoulders = mastery+ exp +mastery +critt + 1 extra slot,

i wouldnt state its pretty obvious but its pretty obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I know very little about DW but this comparison seems to say the lower ilvl is outweighed by the favorable secondaries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baphomette View Post
    I know very little about DW but this comparison seems to say the lower ilvl is outweighed by the favorable secondaries.
    Going to depend on stat weights. I'd read the simcraft guide in the warrior thread for how to do it.

Makes sense. My main concern was my iLv dropping cuz some raids won't work with that. I went through the stats before and saw all the mastery I get from the tier shoulders + doom legs. The iLv is just where I hit issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a comparison of the two:

929 mastery on Ordos WF vs 1002 on the upgraded shoulders. Tier shoulders have exp vs haste. Tier shoulders are also two red sockets meaning you can gem exp/mastery or str/mastery depending on needs while the other shoulders are red & blue, so hit & mastery. Considering the dearth of Expertise gear this tier, I'd say stick with the tier shoulders just for the fact you'd have to reforge out of better stats on other items to get a very slight item level upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Just a comparison of the two:

929 mastery on Ordos WF vs 1002 on the upgraded shoulders. Tier shoulders have exp vs haste. Tier shoulders are also two red sockets meaning you can gem exp/mastery or str/mastery depending on needs while the other shoulders are red & blue, so hit & mastery. Considering the dearth of Expertise gear this tier, I'd say stick with the tier shoulders just for the fact you'd have to reforge out of better stats on other items to get a very slight item level upgrade.
    Napkin math like this only works when you have stat weights to begin with, and even than you need to make assumptions such as value of expertise via reforging, etc.

You really can't say that without doing the math.