Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've always had pretty good success with OpenRaid. Pay attention to the feedback that leaders have received before and it usually works out well. Not always, but its a decent bet. Make sure you leave your own feedback to that raid about the leader who didn't show up and run his own event.

Didn't some of the recent oqueue updates make it so that loot rules are stated in raid chat? If that's the case and you won the /roll, its worth at least petitioning blizzard for the item you won. You can't do anything about the jackass who kicked you after one heroic boss ruining your heroic lockout for the week, but at least maybe you'll be able to get the item so that being forced to do normal for the rest of this week is a little easier to take.

The leader used Master loot, however he used the Request a roll function. I made a ticket but I'm not expecting to get any loot out it. Figured why the hell not, atleast worth a try. The leader had a good reputation on Openraid with nothing but good Feedback. I always check who is doing the run before i join, just to avoid this but i guess good rep and feedback is not enough.

I wrote on his Feedback about what he did aswell as report him for bad behaviour. I know i can't do anything more but i still feel that assholes like this should not be able to get away with it so easy. He got ONE bad feedback that probably won't make it any harder for him to find a group, or people for his groups. I know his Openraid name so i will not be joining any of his groups and i will make sure to tell my friends not to join them either.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    That is why LFR without someone in charge has been such a boon for some.
    Yeah griefers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Could always ticket a GM and see if they can reset it for you.
    Nope. They never do anything about lockouts and loot (if master looter was on and the piece isn't just lost in limbo).

Well this is how the PUG community has been for 10 years so your thread title isn't really appropriate, but that sucks man. Better luck next time. All you can really say.

Talk to a GM about the loot as you won it via /roll, you should get it. Also report the player but it won't do much I bet.

Deleted
    It's an odd one. My first thought was "that's why you raid with a guild", and my second was "when it was server only the PuGs were better". Yes the idiots were the same, but the repercussions for being a moron were greater. You piss off an OQ or OR group now? So what, join another or make your own. But if you pee'd off your own server, then good luck getting a PuG run for an alt. Shame that level of anonymity has allowed people to act this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinex View Post
    The leader used Master loot, however he used the Request a roll function. I made a ticket but I'm not expecting to get any loot out it. Figured why the hell not, atleast worth a try. The leader had a good reputation on Openraid with nothing but good Feedback. I always check who is doing the run before i join, just to avoid this but i guess good rep and feedback is not enough.

I wrote on his Feedback about what he did aswell as report him for bad behaviour. I know i can't do anything more but i still feel that assholes like this should not be able to get away with it so easy. He got ONE bad feedback that probably won't make it any harder for him to find a group, or people for his groups. I know his Openraid name so i will not be joining any of his groups and i will make sure to tell my friends not to join them either.
    Good luck with that and I hope at least you get the loot out of it. It does suck, and no matter what you do to prepare beforehand (check feedback, rep, etc) there's just no way to know for sure every time. But like I said in an earlier post, I've mostly had pretty good groups through OR so I hope for you that this is just a case of a random bad apple and nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnarius View Post
    It's an odd one. My first thought was "that's why you raid with a guild", and my second was "when it was server only the PuGs were better". Yes the idiots were the same, but the repercussions for being a moron were greater. You piss off an OQ or OR group now? So what, join another or make your own. But if you pee'd off your own server, then good luck getting a PuG run for an alt. Shame that level of anonymity has allowed people to act this way.
    I keep hearing people say this but I think most are remembering back a little too fondly. I played in Vanilla and there were plenty of idiots and jackasses on the server who did the same things that idiots and jackasses do now - but no one was really blacklisted the way people make it sound. Certain people would annoy you or piss you off and you'd ignore them or your guild might ignore them but it wasn't like it was one big tight community where nothing bad happened. Some people in online games are going to do those kinds of things and while it is easier now with LFD/LFR/cross-realm stuff, I don't believe it happens way way more now.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've had this happen, too, albeit with normals, not heroics (late to the raiding party/shrug) where group leaders "accidentally" kick me, probably in favour for some friend, or what not. Or maybe I wasn't leet enough for them? Whatever. I may not yet top the DPS charts, but I'm still a pretty solid performer. Again, I got into proper at-level raiding a little late in my WOW career.

I've noticed that PUGs are pretty hit or miss; you can find an awesome group, or have a lot of people who bail or kick after one wipe, and use the colourful LFR-style language. Fortunately, you can get a bad PUG become a good PUG after getting the scum out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinex View Post
    Hello! Today I was the victim of what I like to call a "horrible person that shouldn't be allowed to play this game".
    Yes, I was recently called something along those lines just because I told a tank you could out-aggro with auto attacks that I have no problem soloing the 5 man HC we were doing and he shouldn't feel bad about being carried by the rest of the group. Guess he somehow got that wrong.

Anyway, more proof that you're generally better off keeping the trap shut and a low profile when in a potentially volatile environment in this game. Sad times, but then the real game happens outside of random matchmaking.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    Sooo everyone should make their own groups? That's impossible, that means everyone would have to solo stuff.
    I think they're saying people who choose to come and whine on the forums about a bad experience they had should be the people making the groups, not everyone.

My advice, try and find another guild to raid with in the meantime. I had a buddy who couldn't raid with his current guild so he found another guild that needed some healers and they allowed him to come along. Just be up front about it that you will be raiding with your guild when summer ends. A lot of the time guilds will just be happy to get progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    with pugs you take what you get. which is why i learned long ago to avoid them like the plague.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Deleted
    No that is not what the PUG community has come to, u were unlucky and if u ticket a gm he will get a small ban or a warning at least. way back u could do this without any cons, but that's long ago had guildies who did such in wrath till i left those selfish bastards.

Anyway won't make u feel any better to come on forums and cry about it, we can't do shit about it and tbh ppl that are such ****heads won't bother being on forums so they wont learn thats it is a fucked up way to treat ppl.