Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Technic is the shit. I remember building fuckin' gearboxes and shit with that.
    I did too, but the pathetic motors and axels could never create or handle the torque. I had this lego technic car (huge thing) model, that even had an axle like cars have and it was all connected, the motor ovbiously only had the cylinders rise and fall though. I tried to modify it in a way that it would actually drive on its own, but these motors couldn't move shit ><. Slapped 3 or 4 on it but nothing happened, so I gave up. The mindstorms stuff seems interesting though. I love how they actually still support the crastrated programming language for these. If I were still young or had a kid that asked me about programming I would probably go ape with those things ^^.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2014-07-10 at 09:55 PM.

OP should watch entire video next time, so he/she sees the point they are trying to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    OP should watch entire video next time, so he/she sees the point they are trying to make.
    But i did watch it.
    And the ending was very ....bleh.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Technic is the shit. I remember building fuckin' gearboxes and shit with that.
    I've built walking robots from technic legos. I also often combined technic with normal legos to build drawbridges for castles, catapults, and eventually massive starships which were supported by technic "skeletons". The only way to make the "neck" of the Starship Enterprise to handle the saucer's weight.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    These guys are as bad as PETA - what these reality fringe organizations will never realize is that extreme actions are never tolerated or taken seriously. Sure, they may open some people's eyes, but that's about it. And even then their methods are highly questionable, along with what the people whose eyes they open actually believe - usually they are just brainwashed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Minecraft came out years ago. . . . y r people still using legos?
    Jeez, I know I'm autistic, but I'm not that autistic, man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Minecraft came out years ago. . . . y r people still using legos?
    Because as cool as this is

I can hold this in my hands
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh my god, after watching this video, i will never buy LEGO product!
    brb, going to lego shop
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAHAHAHHA

"LEGO: Everything..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Warner Bros. Entertainment.

Here is a reupload by someone else for those who didnt see it:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    HAHAHAHHA
    "LEGO: Everything..." This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Warner Bros. Entertainment.
    I do not like Greenpeace methods, but Warner Bros can claim copyright only show how broken the copyright circus are.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    I do not like Greenpeace methods, but Warner Bros can claim copyright only show how broken the copyright circus are.
    Probaly because they didnt have a permission to use the song.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Or they could have paid WB a few dollars/euros and have the right to use that song in their video.

Deleted
    Just bought a few of the larger lego sets to give to a charity run for kids that come from poverty stricken homes. Up yours greenpeace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Just bought a few of the larger lego sets to give to a charity run for kids that come from poverty stricken homes. Up yours greenpeace.
    To wich charity?
    That one?
    http://www.legofoundation.com/en-us/...-bold-journey/

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew it! Every single LEGO brick is made from the soul of an innocent animal slain by Shell.. no wonder they're so fun to play with.

But ya. I'm all for companies stepping up and bringing awareness to things like Shell's plans in the arctic. But going after companies with no association with these decisions does literally nothing but hurt the cause.

M-Tron had all the magnets and stuff too, so awesome.
    Okay I wasn't gonna post but Fuck yeah. One of my earliest Xmas memories was going to one of those big department stores in London with my Dad and getting the massive "dome fronted" M-Tron, like, mobile station (with little recon buggies that fit into the sides and e'ryt'ing). So awesome

Thank you for churning up that memory

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I did too, but the pathetic motors and axels could never create or handle the torque. I had this lego technic car (huge thing) model, that even had an axle like cars have and it was all connected, the motor ovbiously only had the cylinders rise and fall though. I tried to modify it in a way that it would actually drive on its own, but these motors couldn't move shit ><. Slapped 3 or 4 on it but nothing happened, so I gave up. The mindstorms stuff seems interesting though. I love how they actually still support the crastrated programming language for these. If I were still young or had a kid that asked me about programming I would probably go ape with those things ^^.
    IIRC with Technic it was all about the pnuematic JCB
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Okay I wasn't gonna post but Fuck yeah. One of my earliest Xmas memories was going to one of those big department stores in London with my Dad and getting the massive "dome fronted" M-Tron, like, mobile station (with little recon buggies that fit into the sides and e'ryt'ing). So awesome

Thank you for churning up that memory

- - - Updated - - -

IIRC with Technic it was all about the pnuematic JCB
    I have that lego set
    Somewhere is a dusty space tho.

And the one with the rocket.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    Probaly because they didnt have a permission to use the song.
    Now it make more scene, was thinking they slammed them because it was a Lego movie after a real lego movie was released.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Lego is polluting our kids imaginations"? What does that even mean?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    "Lego is polluting our kids imaginations"? What does that even mean?
    It means that LEGO is too creative. Kids are having too many ideas and designs and whatnot that they can't stop thinking about building awesome new things !!

Or they're just being retarded and mashing up how LEGO is about being creative and oil is polluting/a pollutant.