Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    At the moment in beta I feel really weak as an Enhancement Shaman but I haven't done arenas yet. Ashran middle road is just generally not melee-friendly and my damage doesn't hold a candle to my premade Hunter, and I've never even played hunter before this beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Hecz View Post
    At the moment in beta I feel really weak as an Enhancement Shaman but I haven't done arenas yet. Ashran middle road is just generally not melee-friendly and my damage doesn't hold a candle to my premade Hunter, and I've never even played hunter before this beta.
    ashran is like alterac valley. you need healers in your back, especially as melee. damage is not tuned yet so your weak feeling might change or perhaps hunters are to strong, who knows.
    played as elemental ashran and I feel myself weak too. the damage is not the best but I think I have to wait for some kind of tuning before I say it is to low or to high.
    so my focus was more to see if and how mechanics work.

my last impressions are
    - lb while moving is really missed and I need some time to get used to it.
    - liquid magma totem is fun. it even shoots through walls^^ not sure if it is intended but is is a way to prevent other from one shot the totem

Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    damage is not tuned yet so your weak feeling might change or perhaps hunters are to strong
    Haven't they done their initial (and hence the one with the more significant changes) pass on numbers yet? I swear saw someone in this thread saying PvE DPS numbers were good, hence a pass already being completed, and the reason shaman can't deal damage is because of poor uptime? (read: mobility)
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Haven't they done their initial (and hence the one with the more significant changes) pass on numbers yet? I swear saw someone in this thread saying PvE DPS numbers were good, hence a pass already being completed, and the reason shaman can't deal damage is because of poor uptime? (read: mobility)
    some initial pass yes. makes sense to be able to play at all and not get weird log results (see ele mastery, first it was to low, then very high and now somewhere between).
    it was someones personal opinion that his pve dps is ok but it was not a final numbering done by blizzard yet.
    I remember some ptr or beta where enhancer looked ok from dmg numbers but later got a huge buff to just put it even higher.

I'm cynical when it comes to Shaman and number passes now anyway. Before cata the major theory crafters said the Ele had poor scaling and DPS, yet nothing was done till the second or third patch. Personally I am not expecting it to change :/
    RETH

Deleted
    enh will be fine

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebria View Post
    some initial pass yes. makes sense to be able to play at all and not get weird log results (see ele mastery, first it was to low, then very high and now somewhere between).
    it was someones personal opinion that his pve dps is ok but it was not a final numbering done by blizzard yet.
    I remember some ptr or beta where enhancer looked ok from dmg numbers but later got a huge buff to just put it even higher.
    PVE dps is good as i did two hours raid testing and was pretty good. We can easily keep up with other melees.

Quote Originally Posted by Dinchu View Post
    enh will be fine
    Not without some massive help. It's currently terrible, a lot worse than on live. Self heal is very very weak, mobility is low, you're easy to kite. Our big weakness, uptime on our target, is now evident as our burst was nerfed so hard.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-07-28 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    PVE dps is good as i did two hours raid testing and was pretty good. We can easily keep up with other melees.

Not without some massive help. It's currently terrible, a lot worse than on live. Self heal is very very weak, mobility is low, you're easy to kite. Our big weakness, uptime on our target, is now evident as our burst was nerfed so hard.
    holinka does not care - enh are 5ne ! (remember Greg.... )

10+ Year Old Account
    My ret pally and arms warrior are looking better and better by each passing patch!
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Tremor change was needed, but they really need to sort out enhc in other ways on beta, it's so bad.

They should also change Howl of Terror back to a talent now.

Edit: oh nvm they already did, nice.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2014-07-30 at 01:27 PM.

Deleted
    Well, as I see in blue-post replies, everything about shamans (including mechanics of all specs) are fine (c) Ghostcrawler.

Don't want to start panic, but it seems, "hell... it's about time" for shamans on arenas/pvp content. Btw, how is beta going? Any changes/news up there?

Deleted
    Arena looked terrible. Don't think it's still a choice to play enhancer if you want to do some high rating pvp.

I'm going to go for resto or another char. Resto also got some hits, but it was always stronger than the dps speccs in high end pvp. It's not only here, everyone who tried enhancer in pvp so far was more or less not having any fun. It's weird that every caster cries about high mobility on melees, but in the end, enhancer is so much worse on mobility than every other melee. It's painful to play enhancer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post

I called this one. In this page here and the following 2 posts before getting quickly shot down because stating the obvious was as spot on as saying that a meteor would hit the earth in the year 3000.

At this point, idgaf anymore. PVE Enh has enough complications as is and if they solve those I'm content with this expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc7d8146013b; 2014-08-02 at 02:55 PM.

Deleted
    Well PVE wise, they only fixed flurry, but they also nerfed burst and self healing. Our raid utility is extremely low because even mages now have a 100% better healing CD than we do. AOE wise, we now have some more range (via glyph, we can spread somewhat further away with LL and up top 6 targets), but it's still clunky as we still need 3 GCDs in melee range for our first FN. It's better and for the moment pretty strong, but once they start numbers tuning, we will have to see what's left.

But PVE wise, it's just some numbers tuning. Easy to fix. PVP issues are far far bigger as PVE dps is already pretty high, but pvp dps extremely low. In raids i was able to constantly beat the other warrior, but in PVP they just do tons more of damage because they have soooooooo much mobility. It's the same for rogues, ferals, even monks and dks.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-08-03 at 07:09 AM.

@Klatar, I am at the point of considering having to throw everything into mobility, at every corner. This would mean:
    -Primal Elementalist + Storm Elemental (Eye of the Storm aura, plus macroeing PSE into stopping casting when I want to move to stay in aura)
    -Totemic Presistance (being able to make use of other air totems during SET uptime)
    -Windwalk Totem (or maybe one of the other, and replace persistance with projection, to keep SET around even after a lot of distance...or CotE, to refresh WWT)
    -Glyph of Windwalk
    -Glyph of Ghostwolf
    -Glyph of Frostbrand Weapon
    -going for lots of haste (likely the case anyway), to reduce the cd of UE/EU for more uptime on the 30% sprint
    -Playing Goblin (rocket jump)
    -Having nitro boosts
    -playing with a hunter for Master's Call, a paladin for Hand of Freedom, or a druid for stampeding roar...probably hunter/pala, and go beastcleave
    -???
    -profit
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-08-03 at 12:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

Our level 100 talents are so garbage for PVP too, we have a 5 min CD (automatic ew no) ele totem during which we can't use our best spell (grounding) or windwalk or Capacitor, because it'll get desummoned so it's automatically useless. A spell attached to a 5 hp searing totem so that's useless against anyone with a brain, not to mention it hits random people.

So all we have left is a ability that increases our shock damage by 50% after a lavalash.

How fucking exciting.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2014-08-04 at 12:35 PM.

level100 talents
    Yes, 1m lockout of other air totems, and also of other elemental totems. So you cannot pop all your burst stuff for a minute if you used SET for selfheal/mobility, awesome.
    There's no avoiding the elemental pet exclusion either. Also, it severely devalues WWT, our otherwise most sought after talent in that row, due to mobility issues. It also basically forces Persistance as a talent (gee, how exciting), and encourages Primal Elementalist.

On Liquid Magma: Even if we use it on Flame Elemental Totem, take PE to make FET stronger, and choose EM for further boost...
    offensive dispell EM => quickly destroy FET => 3 dmg cds gone.

Ascendence got nerfed as well, BL is banned from arenas (dispellable too, even if it weren't), Stormlash is gone as well (destroyable too, even if it weren't), so we're basically left with weak Ascendence, trinket, and racial...Feral Spirits I guess...with stuff like engi/herbalism/tailor procs being removed.
    Last edited by Omanley; 2014-08-03 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

I'm still wondering why blizz don't care about enhan shamans and PvP. Is this supposed to be a sick joke played on this spec or what? hearding more and more complaints about us is really not cool

Ironically blizz's creator pet, Thrall is a shamans so why are they kicking themselves in the balls in regards to our spec, among other reasons.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    The lvl 100 talents looks terrible for PvP. Flat out shit and useless spells.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Good day, everyone!

Finally, got my hands on beta and went right to the Ashan battleground. Tried Enh shammy. Well, what can I say? It was and interesting experience. Can't tell much about 1vs1, but I did encounter feral druid, which was killing friendly shadowpriest. When I engaged battle, priest had 1/2 of HP and feral was having like 4/5 of hp pool. Started with flame shock, did used stun totem, while it was charging, I "hugged" druid by using unleash (from talents), ported totem to him. Totem did stun druid, I went behind his back (pvp reflex), and pressed my PvP/PvE rotation (LL, LL (with echo), SS, Frost Shock), did put my Searing totem and spewed lava (last talent). So, anyways, druid didn't use a trinket, waited for stun, and killed my friendly priest by ignoring me completely. And then, funny part appeared. He healed to 100%, and we had a fight for 20 sec and I had to pop-up wolfies to heal my hemorrhaging ass. I was unable to heal myself from maelstrom, well... I did like 1-2 times, but combat lasted like 2 minutes. So 2x5 stacks of maelstrom during 120+sec of combat is kind of... few. I was unable to hit him because of dodges. After popping ascendance, I did manage to nuke him a little bit, from 100% of HP to 92% +- couple of %.

Anyways, I died and druid looted my token with 100% of his hp.

So... that's my experience as enh shammy so far.