Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    So I've been doing a lot of testing tonight, and Ive been running a haste build. Now either I've gotten heaps better and more adjusted to the changes, the level of talent on atm is less than normal, or they have made some buffs since I last played about 10 says ago. I have won almost every single duel tonight. There are still a few OP classes running around that just make you look silly like feral druids, but as far as rets, warriors, warlocks, even beat a couple monks. The average duel was at least 5 mins long and some up around 10. My only real huge gripe at the moment is totem stomping. With only one decent choice for our 100 talent being Liquid Magma, our fire totem is destroyed in a matter of seconds from dropping it. Its common knowledge now to destroy it as soon as it drops, so that pretty much makes our lvl 100 talent null and void.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    So I've been doing a lot of testing tonight, and Ive been running a haste build. Now either I've gotten heaps better and more adjusted to the changes, the level of talent on atm is less than normal, or they have made some buffs since I last played about 10 says ago. I have won almost every single duel tonight. There are still a few OP classes running around that just make you look silly like feral druids, but as far as rets, warriors, warlocks, even beat a couple monks. The average duel was at least 5 mins long and some up around 10. My only real huge gripe at the moment is totem stomping. With only one decent choice for our 100 talent being Liquid Magma, our fire totem is destroyed in a matter of seconds from dropping it. Its common knowledge now to destroy it as soon as it drops, so that pretty much makes our lvl 100 talent null and void.
    Try the shock talent. I heard after the buffs it makes frost shock wreck faces.

I'll have to give that a try when I get on tonight. Also, with haste, I had mw5 going off every few seconds so the self healing was actually really good, so I suspect a nerf for us soon.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

I'll have to give that a try when I get on tonight. Also, with haste, I had mw5 going off every few seconds so the self healing was actually really good, so I suspect a nerf for us soon.
    Keep me updated on how Elemental Fusion testing goes. Since you only have FrS/FlS now to deal with, I'd imagine Frozen power+EF and using FS frequently with maybe even Echo of the Elements might yield some decent burst and decent "stick". IDK, worth trying anyways. If you have the ability, record some duels. That'd be neat. If not, just lemme know. I'm interested.

Sadly I can't record. My computer is shit and until I get my new one soonish everything is run on low. Not to mention I play from Australia, so my lag stays up around 250-300 on good days.

- - - Updated - - -

So Ive had some decent success with elemental fusion mixed with echo, some frostshock crits for above 30k which is good. The only thing they need to add is an aura for 2 stack fusion, because if they parry or dodge, which happens a lot, you dont get the stack, so sometimes you will shock with no stack at all. But the way fusin works it really should be baseline.

They really need to do something about our mobility, fighting any kind of slowing ranged is brutal, and WW monks, forget about it. They just come in pop cd's and karma, then just run away and spam surging mists, and if you manage to get them low the just fly like 60 yards away and get 3-4 heals off before you are in range to interrupt. Mildly frustrating to say the least. Maybe if they made elemental fusion baseline, give us an option for a mobility talent in tier 100 cause yeah flame totem is #1 priority when fighting shamans at the moment so its useless for pvp but still retains useful in pve. Just a thought.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Deleted
    seems like there might be some hope after all, any videos that demonstrate current dps of all classes?

Swifty Burst WoD
    This is from what I can see the newest most extensive range of classes and their burst. It is missing some specs, but covers a lot.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Deleted
    Swifty Burst WoD
    This is from what I can see the newest most extensive range of classes and their burst. It is missing some specs, but covers a lot.
    It's 2 months old, enhancers are missing and those don't really matter as your opponent won't stand still and wait for you.

The biggest problem is that enhancers lvl 100 (and even lvl 90) talents are so easy to counter.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2014-09-05 at 06:08 AM.

He asked for a video of dps for all classes. Thats the newest most extensive one. I didn't make it I dont know why there isnt enhance. And while not spectacular, unleashed fury and elemental fusion play well.

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry

Deleted
    Kinda hoped there will be enh shaman inside as well, but at least i saw how other classes are holding up. I know this burst is in perfect conditions but still it's a nice showdown what other classes can do. Ty.

Deleted
    Guys, the new PVP bonus says: "When you activate Feral Spirits, the duration of incoming crowd control effects is reduced by 50% for 30 sec."

But there is the "glyph of ephemeral spirits" that makes spirits with 1min CD, 15 sec duration instead of 2min CD, 30sec duration!

Does it mean that with the glyph you get the cc reduction every 1min for 30sec, or rather every 1min for 15 sec? The PVP bonus tooltip explicitely lists 30seconds, not "while feral spirits are active" or anything of the sort.

Can anyone test?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Guys, the new PVP bonus says: "When you activate Feral Spirits, the duration of incoming crowd control effects is reduced by 50% for 30 sec."

But there is the "glyph of ephemeral spirits" that makes spirits with 1min CD, 15 sec duration instead of 2min CD, 30sec duration!

Does it mean that with the glyph you get the cc reduction every 1min for 30sec, or rather every 1min for 15 sec? The PVP bonus tooltip explicitely lists 30seconds, not "while feral spirits are active" or anything of the sort.

Can anyone test?
    I've wondered this before also, but no one ever responded, maybe because it wasn't yet avaiable for testing. If it actually was 30s absolute, it would make Feral Spirit glyph both op and mandatory though, so if it actually worked, expect it to be fixed shortly after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angoth
    I'm sorry that Blizzard won't just gift wrap awesome in a cup and let you drink your fill.

I tested it and if you use the glyph the CC reduction goes down to 15 seconds

Deleted
    Thanks, mate!

Sounds pretty neat.

So actually every 1 min you can have:
    15 sec of cc reduction +
    15 sec sprint +
    15 sec shamanistic rage!

Just wow! Imo this will make it possible to counter most classes' burst and will be especially strong against classes whose burst revolves around 1 min CDs such as frost dk, sub rogue, bm hunter.

Another thing I'm excited about is the combo:
    get maelstrom x5 > wait for echo of the elements > lava lash x 2 > big shock with lvl 100 talent that is going to be enabled by the double lava lash, further amplified by 50% because you have maelstrom x 5, making it a total of 375% or roughly the dmg of 4 frost shocks. If that thing crits it will be fun

Also the 5-fold windfury from pvp bonus will make for fast maelstrom stacks

And dwarf shamans will be able to dispel nasty stuff such as frost nova with stoneform

I'm excited

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    Another thing I'm excited about is the combo:
    get maelstrom x5 > wait for echo of the elements > lava lash x 2 > big shock with lvl 100 talent that is going to be enabled by the double lava lash, further amplified by 50% because you have maelstrom x 5, making it a total of 375% or roughly the dmg of 4 frost shocks. If that thing crits it will be fun
    Maelstrom weapon don't increase the damage of Shocks, only of the single spell that consume the stacks.
    Everything that is, is alive.

Agaor - Enhancement Shaman

IMO elemental fusion still not a very good talent, at best it hits as hard as lightning bolt and it forces you to hold onto frost shock when it could be need to kite, or nova someone. I still think liquid magma is the best 100 talent just because of the sheer burst it offers, that and it lines up perfectly with capacitor stun. I made a duel video in WoD beta, just to see how it is. I'm not the best dueler, and I don't have the knowledge of all the lvl 100 classes and how to counter their new abilities, so in that sense I suck. Anyway if anyone is interested:
    Multi-Glad 2700+ enhance shaman
    Enhance shaman PvP Guide: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11040394000

DEAL WITH IT - Check out my Youtube

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you Tactic, I appreciate the videos you put out an awful lot.

I am currently unsure what to do with myself come WoD and mechanically I enjoy shaman but for too long I have burnt myself by choosing shaman every expansion!

Yet the class brings me back over and over.... what to do, what to do.

Deleted
    Hey, thanks for vid. Just a quick points,

You did drink potion on bursts?
    Enemies were giving you stun and just stay 10 feets away from you.
    Did I see enemies were trying to attack wolfes?
    Paladins didn't use bubble?

I'm not saying anything about your skills or smth else, but man, you dueled bunch of brainless worms. If this how blizzard sees "balance", then we're screwed for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Key Billington View Post
    Hey, thanks for vid. Just a quick points,

You did drink potion on bursts?
    Enemies were giving you stun and just stay 10 feets away from you.
    Did I see enemies were trying to attack wolfes?
    Paladins didn't use bubble?

I'm not saying anything about your skills or smth else, but man, you dueled bunch of brainless worms. If this how blizzard sees "balance", then we're screwed for sure.
    For first few duels I had used a potion in a macro I forgot about. I didn't pick my duels, I put in everything, people dueled me, I dueled people. I lost, I won. Some were good, some were bad. The goal of this video is give you an idea how to burst, and the playstyle. PS. I thought pallies using bubble was bad dueling etiquette.
    Multi-Glad 2700+ enhance shaman
    Enhance shaman PvP Guide: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/11040394000

DEAL WITH IT - Check out my Youtube

PS. I thought pallies using bubble was bad dueling etiquette.
    It's not and has never really been, Lay on Hands is though, well it used to be, now with battle fatigue it probably doesn't really matter much.