Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    There are a few things you need to do;

1) Get those 14 Heroics Killed - Being a 14 / 14 Heroic Guild means you're worth potentially transferring to, so depending on your iLevel, extend the raids and get the kills. Chances are you have a high enough iLevel to kill the remaining bosses, and those hungry for loot are just going to hold you back. Get the kills, and then you'll get the recruits.

2) Move to 25 Man before Warlords - Being a 25 Man will help you practice and develop your raid leading and guild in preparation for Warlords. Waiting until then to get the 20 Man Team is a disastrous move. This obviously is much easier if you've got 14 / 14 HC.

3) Transfer Realm (Optional) - If your realm is really that dead, you're always going to struggle and that's no fun. The cost isn't nice, but when the choice is being stuck with mediocre raiders, on a dying realm little with chance of people transferring or being available, OR moving to a high populated realm with plenty of recruits, what are you going to choose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kseux View Post
    I've spoken to theyre GM, he called us scrubs for not having 14hc progress so far into content. :|
    Sounds like people who you don't want to be in any contact with.

Deleted
    We were 14/14 for a while but we're also on a super high pop server with a very strong pve field (~ 20 ten mans and ~ 10 25 mans farming heroic garrosh) so having him down for a while wasn't an outstanding feature. And we weren't the first guild to try to merge/fuse so there are already several "super-guilds" created by now and we looked for other servers (thanks crz/crs raiding!) but jeez it's hard. We had several (about half a dozen?!) test raids with mixed results and most of the time the roster were super tight for various reasons
    a) going from one day farm back to some days progression during summer sucks
    b) burnout after seven month SoO
    c) 100% required attendance, while we had a 15 man pool at one time during SoO but after retirement etc we're back to 13, most other guilds share our issues so you need to bring everyone every night and maybe even some friends/mediocre geared recruits to just get to 25 people it's hilarious

Your best bet? Probably finding a struggling 25m raid willing to transfer, they have a huge pool of players and even after some power horses leaving there's still enough to form groups.

After all we finally managed to clear SoO again in one night, this time on 25m. But it was a long way and our raidorganisation had a TON of work to do to make this possible. But after all it's still not all set in stone for WoD, people can still burn out (i really hope for september but with no raid testing yet it's probably just a dream) or get better offers... only time will tell. I somewhat doubt that half the forced-formed raids will survive the first tier, there will be lots of drama and disappointment but what can we do?

Deleted
    Give up on progress. Recruit a shit load of scrubs. Go 25 man.

Try to train up the scrubs, find some diamonds in the rough. Repeat until you've got a solid roster which you're progressing on in 25.

If you can't find enough scrubs to bring in, switch server/faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Docer View Post
    If you can't find enough scrubs to bring in, switch server/faction.
    Yeah that's the key. If you can't find enough people to play on your server you can always trans. If you really want to raid Mythic then this shouldn't be asked too much.

And quite frankly OP you're a little late to worry about such stuff now. Should have started right after the announcement at last year's Blizzcon. We did that and managed to buff a 10 man guild up to 25 man in about 5 months on a not-so-populated server as well. Doing it now will be tough, many of the better players that were free in September last year are now sold.
    Last edited by The Kao; 2014-07-11 at 10:27 AM.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

ill throw in my 2 cents - if u arent already established 25 man 14/14 hc guild dont do anything too fast

most important thing which people forget when they set their eyes on mythic is - "how long did it took your current guild to clear Normal SoO with already aquyired hc tot gear from previous tier?"

people have this dream that they will prepare themselves to go into mythic just cause they totaly overgear last tier of expansion - most guild will hit a wall very fast people will start leaving cause first tier of expasnion is always very very different from last - u wont be overgearing half of the instance before u even set your eyes on it

most ridiculous are people who took almost 2 months to clear normal soo when they went there with nearly 550 gear from tot hc and now they think that they prepare themselves liek they will be albe to go into mythic on week 2 of expansion - oh how hard and how fast they will hit the wall in next tier - it will be the same as cries of those "pro players" from hc icc and hc ds who fallen apart on magmaw/elegon N creating crying topics about how tier is overtuned cause they were in hc mode in last raid of expansion .

my biggest adivce - keep calm recruit ofc but dont give people whom u recruit false hope that u gonna rotflstom the instance on week one unless u were able to do so in past - and bring back those those who claim such things back to the ground. u will have plenty of time in WoD to recruit for mythic - just compare how much time did it took your guild to clear normal difficulty over last few tiers and be aware its gonan be the same amount of time next tier - this is how much time ull have to repare yourself for mythic raiding in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Kseux View Post
    I've spoken to theyre GM, he called us scrubs for not having 14hc progress so far into content. :|
    If your not 14/14 hc at this point are you sure you want to go straight to 20 man mythic anyway? Sounds like Heroic modes might take you a while in WoD so why not stick with 10 for the first tier and see how you do and then consider merging after that.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

Quote Originally Posted by marcackermann86 View Post
    i ended up transferring and faction changing to join a 14/14H on anvilmar. anvilmar is a pretty low pop server but to me it was worth it cause there progression was further than mine and their raid history was pretty stable so i knew they would be around for awhile. even if they were 12 or 13/14H i still would've made the move.
    No, no, no.. you get AWAY from Anvilmar, not xfer to it lol. Best thing I ever did
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by rohno View Post
    Its not about the experience, our guild recruited one guy who had no raiding experience AT ALL. This guy turned out to be really good.
    If they want to kill 14/14h any time soon I doubt they want to pick up a project. I've seen the same thing you're talking about happen too, but in 25man, with more loot. And it still takes a while to get people geared up.

Our guild is 25m 13/14 heroic currently.

We killed 4 heroic bosses in T14. You're honestly pushing it for the need to have 20 people right off the bat. Heroic in WoD is flexible so you can slowly recruit and people won't be sitting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Deleted
    Mythic is so going to shred so many raids. Now would be the time to "separate the chaff from grain" as someone else already put it. Way too many guilds will be so fixated on keeping their current roster intact and in the end it's only going to hurt the whole raid.

You really need to identify where you're at as a raid. I for example am in a guild that barely made the top 1000, but we can pinpoint the difference between finishing in the top 500 or 1000 mostly to two or three horrible players we carried through. We're on one of the most dead servers/factions of the German EU realms and thus had extreme recruitment issues, the only way to recruit was from the other two heroic raids on our realm, which would have meant effectively destroying another raid. So we were stuck with 1-2 players that knew how to do damage/heal, but died to almost every raid mechanic requiring "movement", which is a horrible thing in SoO. I am certain that could we have replaced those 1-2 people early on, we'd have finished within the top 500 easily. But we simply couldn't do it with needing whole 3 hour raids to down simple bosses like nazgrim or malkorok, because the same people kept dying to things that they didn't need to die to. We downed Garrosh with a new recruit (who is horrible) and the only reason we did it was because as a raid we had ~583 item level.

So of course we also went scouting for a raid to merge with, one on a realm that is likely to be merged with ours. And that raid has the exact same issues as we do. ~8 core players that play rather well, the rest are barely good enough to even down a boss on normal mode. I'm not even talking about people who are lazy on min-maxing (such as socketing pure int instead of secondaries), I'm talking about people not keeping maintenance buffs up ~99%, not using defensive cooldowns and simply not looking at the screen. Merging like that would leave us with 14-16 decent players being held back by awful players causing unnecessary wipes.

If you merge guilds like that you're at best going to reach the progression "strength" you're at now, most likely you'll just take a hard nosedive, cause drama between the members of the raids you merged and discourage people from playing properly.

There's a reason that your raid is only 9/14H instead of 14/14H. You say it's because your raid is freshly assembled, but if that is true you should be 14/14H by the end of the month. If you're not, even though you're all 580+, then probably many of your players are just bad. The 14/14H guild you'r eyeing on likely has the same issues, they might feel they could have cleared SoO a month earlier, but think they have one or two members holding them back. Why would they want to merge with a guild where most of the players are worse than the worst members they already have?

I think you'll encounter serious issues if you stick to your "raid friend group" too much. There's usually a great variation of skill between the players of a raid, some are top 1000 rank material, some are top 100 rank material and some rare ones are top 10 rank material. WoD would be a great way to distribute all these different kinds of players into their respective raids, but if people don't do that, something average at best will come of it.

Personally I love playing with the people in my raid, socially it's perfect. I loathe SoO by now, but I always enjoy logging on each week to clear it just because I enjoy playing with the people in my raid. But the progression is lacking so severely to me that I just decided to go elsewhere for WoD. I have serious concerns that the merge my current raid is looking at is going to work out, and that is with both raids being within 50 or so ranks of each other.

Deleted
    if you cant recruit on your own server it might be an idea to server transfer (just dont pick silvermoon eu, when wod comes you will be looking at 30min-2h queues to get on the server)

My guild changed server because recruitment was slow/bad and progress was getting nowhere. We tried merging with a few guilds but they did not have the same mindset as us, so we server hopped, kept alot of the core members that came along and those that did not want to come along choose another guild.

We have about 20 people in our steady raid roster and when wod comes we hope to recruit some more (specially now we are merged with another server)