Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pvp hasn't changed a bit...

I was so excited to get a beta key yesterday. I jumped right into pvp, but i'm so disappointed...
    Still the same old problems as on live.... so much burst people get blown up in a single cc chain.

Nothing has actually been fully tuned yet, its early beta everything is still very fluid and subject to change. l2beta

It's not so much about number tuning, it's about the amount of CCs that is still in the game. More cc need the same diminidhing return and the health pools are still too low. I have been in many beta's and i know the drill.......

How are there too many CC's? Didn't they take something like 75% of them out of the game?

I think health pools with 250k and above in the first tier of gear at level 100 are more than enough. Actually we will definitly be over 1m again in the next expansion and they can squish again.

I think there has never been such a huge gap between effective health and effective dps before, or am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by calivaty View Post
    I was so excited to get a beta key yesterday. I jumped right into pvp, but i'm so disappointed...
    Still the same old problems as on live.... so much burst people get blown up in a single cc chain.
    Previously it was "resilience will fix it", now it is "tuning will fix it".

The truth is, nobody can predict whether they will fix it or not. I think they can't really fix it, in that, people dying in a CC chain is expected and is something that is going to stay with us, because alternatives are worse. It's a complex subject, but yeah, I wouldn't expect too much fixing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post
    I think health pools with 250k and above in the first tier of gear at level 100 are more than enough. Actually we will definitly be over 1m again in the next expansion and they can squish again.

I think there has never been such a huge gap between effective health and effective dps before, or am I wrong?
    The gap between effective health and effective damage in WoD is not all that different (and might actually be significantly lower, I have to do the math) than in MoP because WoD has no resilience.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it would be best to make it so everyone has the same health like with mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    That moment when OP didn't realize that damage hasn't been attuned yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by coprax View Post

The point of heaving alot of health is so they can remove resilence, we will hit less but have more health.
    No they won't squish again, they like us with big health but doing not much damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Will the mana % be different from class to class?

When will people realize that Blizzard has ALWAYS overtuned skills during a test. Towards the end of the beta, before it goes live, they will do a pass on player abilities and tweak their numbers to be more realistic.

They have always done it this way.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    When will people realize that Blizzard has ALWAYS overtuned skills during a test. Towards the end of the beta, before it goes live, they will do a pass on player abilities and tweak their numbers to be more realistic.

They have always done it this way.
    I guess they just forgot to do it for WotLK.

I just want healers to be weaker. More than CC, more than burst damage, I want healing toned down severely. Back in the day, a healer kept people alive IF they kept him alive. Now a geared healer can tank half a dozen people and still easily keep himself, and everyone else, topped off. If WoD does nothing to make healers weaker across the board, the PvP will continue to be ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I just want healers to be weaker. More than CC, more than burst damage, I want healing toned down severely. Back in the day, a healer kept people alive IF they kept him alive. Now a geared healer can tank half a dozen people and still easily keep himself, and everyone else, topped off. If WoD does nothing to make healers weaker across the board, the PvP will continue to be ridiculous.
    I still think healers should remain impossible to kill in a one on one scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I guess they just forgot to do it for WotLK.
    They did do it in WotLK.....especially for paladins.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

I actually disagree with everything you said, I don't usually say this, but in your case it's a L2P issue, I've been playing all healers in beta and CC has been reduced by a lot. Ppl don't die in 3 secs from my xp, it takes longer to heal up a target than on live and I think pvp is going in the right direction, after they do the dmg/healing tunning, I expect a completely diff game than live.

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    As long as a fully geared healer won't be alive for 2min while two dps sitting on him, i'm fine with the change
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    I still think healers should remain impossible to kill in a one on one scenario.
    Agreed. You should need more than one person to take out a healer.

Quote Originally Posted by calivaty View Post
    It's not so much about number tuning, it's about the amount of CCs that is still in the game. More cc need the same diminidhing return and the health pools are still too low. I have been in many beta's and i know the drill.......
    a) If you say health pools are too low then the issue could as well be number tuning, since lower damage would increase the value of health.

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    How are there too many CC's? Didn't they take something like 75% of them out of the game?
    b) He probably tried running solo against groups of 3 - 5 people and wonders why he got shoved away. PvP in WoW is a team game, when the other team overpowers you because you allowed them to catch you while in disadvantage then they clearly earned the victory. It is explicitly stated time and again that PvP in WoW is not balanced around solo combat.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    God damn it when people will understand that pvp is about cc? Good cc landing while opponents are out of defensive cds is the way to win. If you die in cc ur terrible if ur out of defensive cds then ur bad cause you could have better positioning or enemy players are just better than you. Deal with it or go play counter strike. Cc is part of the game and it must exist. Because how pvp would look like without it? Would you like to just deal dmg? If yes then it means ur 1.3k in 2s and have no 3s exp.

Quote Originally Posted by kubasniak View Post
    God damn it when people will understand that pvp is about cc? Good cc landing while opponents are out of defensive cds is the way to win. If you die in cc ur terrible if ur out of defensive cds then ur bad cause you could have better positioning or enemy players are just better than you. Deal with it or go play counter strike. Cc is part of the game and it must exist. Because how pvp would look like without it? Would you like to just deal dmg? If yes then it means ur 1.3k in 2s and have no 3s exp.
    lol, you know nothing of pvp and simply look like a child with that post. I've PvP'd for 10 years and PvP only started becoming a CCfest in wrath of the lich king.