Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Has MOP been the most retarded boost in gear stats/ilvl ever in WoWs history?

Seriously the difference between LFR/Normal/Heroic gear in the same tier is MASSIVE. Let alone the difference between a previous tier or two in gear...

In TBC on my mage I i don't remember 100% exactly how the gear/dps difference was....but ill try using my foggy memory...

kara - <1000
    gruuls/mag - 1000-1200
    ssc/tk = 1200-1500
    bt/hyjal = 1500-2000 (i actually have a fraps of our first teron gorefiend kill which I did 1800 dps on, so i remember this 100%)
    sunwell = 2000-2500 (best I did pre3.0 was prob 2900 on brutallas with retarded high crit ignite dmg with drums)

I also remember the shadow priests in the guild always complaining about how their dps barely went up from tier 4 to tier 6.....because of the way their dps worked. They went from like 800-1000 dps in kara to doing like 1300-1800 in sunwell, which was way behind the other dps classes.

Man I am disappointed in the squish...I was it hit even hard...like back down to Vanilla/TBC levels.
    Last edited by Sussex; 2014-07-11 at 06:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you mean going from 150-200k to 200k-300k then 300k-600k? yea its like we've had mini expansions in game.

Deleted
    With lfr and later flex it´s no wonder that the itemlvl of gear went up the way it did. It´ll be the same in WoD

I'd be curious to know if 5.4 was deliberately tuned to this, or if this was where their scaling formulas took them.

Put another way, did they tune SoO to be so high knowing there would be a squish, or did they do this squish as they saw the numbers were scaling so dramatically?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    With lfr and later flex it´s no wonder that the itemlvl of gear went up the way it did. It´ll be the same in WoD
    This is extreme though, 10 ilvl difference results in significant output change. I don't recall so much difference for small ilvl change. Even early MoP ilvl isn't so extreme

10+ Year Old Account
    It's called an exponential increase. It get's bigger faster as it gets bigger.

Apparently tanks are planned to hit 1 Million health this expansion, so it's definitely going to continue, which I don't have a problem with, I'm just happy damage numbers are much lower and we don't have to have resilience/battle fatigue.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    It's called an exponential increase. It get's bigger faster as it gets bigger.
    Yep, however the rate of change at ilvl 540+ is way faster then the equivalent rate of change in prior expansions, despite those expansions also using an exponential curve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    Apparently tanks are planned to hit 1 Million health this expansion, so it's definitely going to continue, which I don't have a problem with, I'm just happy damage numbers are much lower and we don't have to have resilience/battle fatigue.
    tanks are already at 1m hp... my offset is 1.15m with no buffs lol

10+ Year Old Account
    News Flash: Most recent expansion responsible for worst gear inflation yet.

In other news, water discovered to be wet.

More at 11:00

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    I think they're talking about next expansion.

I feel it is partially because the developers knew there was going to be a stat squish, but than again we shall see with the next expansion. Like Classic and BC there wasnt all the large gap between the tiers due to multiple difficulties. It is an inherit problem with the multiple difficulties and expectation for lowest difficulty gear to be better than past tiers highest difficulty gear while trying to ensure players can feel the difference upgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by sizzlinsauce View Post
    Yeah, I'm talking about Warlords, just clarifying that the ilvl ramp up is going to be just as big, if not bigger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eem5 View Post

This is extreme though, 10 ilvl difference results in significant output change. I don't recall so much difference for small ilvl change. Even early MoP ilvl isn't so extreme
    Yeah but this is going to continue since we´re keeping the same amount of difficulties. And since every gearset should feel like an improvement over a previous difficulty one this won´t change

Nope. Cata had the gear more retarded because it didn't have big enough steps between difficulties and tiers making new tier LFR shit interesting for heroic raiders. MoP totally fixed that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Nope. Cata had the gear more retarded because it didn't have big enough steps between difficulties and tiers making new tier LFR shit interesting for heroic raiders. MoP totally fixed that problem.
    I think by retarded he meant how huge it was.

Quote Originally Posted by fixx View Post
    Meanwhile heroic raiders still ran LFR for gear. WoD is taking steps to resolve that beyond making the gap even larger. Blizzard is done with the experiment of shoving raiders into LFR just as they tried to shove everyone into dailies. If the developers will be successful is yet to be seen, but heroic raiders might run Challenge modes instead unless there is an OP gear piece from LFR. Oh and expect "mythic" raiders to run normal and heroic raid difficulties due to split lockouts because apparently being Mythic capable makes you a no-lifer.

Deleted
    Nothing was as retarded as pve gear being better for pvp than actual pvp gear. I sincerely hope this won't happen again...EVER, or I may take yet another long break without paying a sub.

No, that would be WOTLK by Blizzard own admission.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    I think by retarded he meant how huge it was.
    Big numbers isn't really a problem, never was. It's just whining out of non-issue. The steps need to be big enough to make sure heroic raiders dont need to do lower tiers of content. ie. the OP was asking wrong question for wrong reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Meanwhile heroic raiders still ran LFR for gear.
    Nope.

With the exception of two broken trinkets nobody capable of killing heroic bosses on week #2 stepped into LFR for gear upgrades in MoP. I didn't have any upgrades from LFR for sure after farming heroics for months. Month's delay between normal mode and LFR opening made sure that only the extremely unlucky people (less than one in a thousand) had trinket upgrade in LFR. Almost everybody got normal or flex (or even heroic) trinkets before LFR was even open.