Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It might be military, it might be a natural phenomenon, it might be a hoax. What it definitely isn't, however, is an alien space-ship.
    And how do you know that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Why do all "alien" ships on pictures have to look like the standard movie flying saucers?
    What if that's what they look like?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    Yes, it's an Unidentified Flying Object ... That doesn't mean it's an alien.
    Thank you! Finally someone knows what the hell UFO actually means!

Quote Originally Posted by Hypasonic View Post
    Because that's how they generate their super speed....
    No, no. If anything its going to look lke star trek. Theyve been too right about things so far. Gene Roddenberry was an alien! (Semi half serious)

Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Colloquialisms and stuff. Yes, Technically a UFO is something flying that not be identified, but MOST people when they refer to a UFO are in fact referring to spaceships. It's like people who say they are American. The assumption is they are from the US. While they could be from Brazil and still be correct, that's just not the common meaning.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

Fun fact for those who want to play this stupid little semantics game, the term "UFO" was originally synonymous with (and coined as a replacement for) "flying saucer."

It has MS Paint markings on it. Comprehensive scientific analysis complete.

Here's my analysis:

The Samsung 860 is capable of zooming in to a "35 mm equivalent focal length" of 114mm. Meaning that the worker could have easily framed it a lot tighter in the shot.

Also, only an amateur would own a camera like that, and the most common amateur mistake when somebody sees something in the sky that excites them, is that they will centre the thing in the sky, completely failing to capture anything on the ground to go with it. making for a boring ass picture, but instead they shot it wide.

Also, the Samsung 860 camera does not have an aperture diaphragm. So you would not get a star shaped flaring from something bright and metallic in the sky. (i.e. the luminous lines). The flaring would just be an amorphous blob. (Note the 3 blob shaped colour aberrations in the sky half way up the picture, that is the shape any flaring would take).

Like I said though; the proof is in the pudding. Anybody who actually thought that they were seeing a UFO at the time of taking a photo would first shit their pants, and then try to centre the UFO in the shot and zoomed in (which in this case would have excluded the horizon from the shot).

UFO are real man! They do have aliens inside of them! I was abducted once. They showed me around the ship and I got to see the reactor that powered it. It was beautiful all different colors colliding into a 'soup' in the shape of a cylinder at the middle. I finally got the courage to say something, and the first thing I asked was, "what is that!?". Then they told me to shush, and put a long slender finger to my lips. I don't remember what happened next, but I woke up in the middle of a field 2 miles from my house, naked and afraid. So yes aliens and ufo do exist and they are looking for ways to infiltrate our government.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscripts View Post
    I finally got the courage to say something, and the first thing I asked was, "what is that!?". Then they told me to shush, and put a long slender finger to my lips. I don't remember what happened next, but I woke up in the middle of a field 2 miles from my house, naked and afraid.
    Was Barry White playing in the background?

Deleted
    It's funny how you guys try to explain what UFO means. I clearly said, in the first fucking sentence that I knew exactly what it stood for
    But hey, reading comprehension isn't a skill you're born with.

10+ Year Old Account
    But being alien doesn't mean it's extraterrestrial either, so if it wasn't Chilean, then it is alien.

Personally I think it's Alexis Sanchez flying to London, however I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    It might be military, it might be a natural phenomenon, it might be a hoax. What it definitely isn't, however, is an alien space-ship.
    How do you know it isn't?

Like I said in my earlier post. For all we know, it could be an alien drone. It doesn't need to have some life forms inside. I'm not saying that is what we're looking at, but to rule out the possibility that it's alien is pretty ignorant. There are probably advanced civilizations out there that are millions of years ahead of us. How long have we been sending space craft in outer space, since the 1950s/1960s? That's about 64 years and we're already sending robot to other planets, Mars being one of them. So why is it out of the question that a civilization that has a million, hell maybe 1000 years ahead of us in technology, has found a fast and efficient way to travel through space and visit other planets?

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    How do you know it isn't?

Like I said in my earlier post. For all we know, it could be an alien drone. It doesn't need to have some life forms inside. I'm not saying that is what we're looking at, but to rule out the possibility that it's alien is pretty ignorant. There are probably advanced civilizations out there that are millions of years ahead of us. How long have we been sending space craft in outer space, since the 1950s/1960s? That's about 64 years and we're already sending robot to other planets, Mars being one of them. So why is it out of the question that a civilization that has a million, hell maybe 1000 years ahead of us in technology, has found a fast and efficient way to travel through space and visit other planets?
    Because it is so improbable that they found our tiny planet amongst the hundreds of millions of star systems (many of which have planets) in our arm of the Milky Way galaxy, which is only one of billions of galaxies.

No idea, maybe military. Probably not aliens, but I could be wrong. As if I could know for sure. The only people who know what's going on asked to remain anonymous. I am skeptic because of the stereotypical saucer form. Aliens probably don't use Hollywood for their ship design basis...

10+ Year Old Account
    This photo was enough to make hundreds of news stations freak out and even the department of defense was worried that someone had made a accidental launch from a missile silo. Ended up just being a plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    Why do all "alien" ships on pictures have to look like the standard movie flying saucers?
    That shape, in combination with constant rotation, can make a lot of sense for many reasons:
    Skipping on liquid surfaces (for landing or in the event a crash).
    Deflecting flying debris.
    Aerodynamic.
    Has a center of mass exactly in the middle.
    Efficient in term of volume / surface.
    Robust.
    Last edited by Astator; 2014-07-12 at 01:10 AM.

If it's shaped like flying saucer it's a hoax.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathiest View Post
    If it's shaped like flying saucer it's a hoax.
    Unless the aliens know that that particular shape will be dismissed as a hoax and use it as a double bluff so they can go about their business virtually undetected in plain sight

But yeah, it's definitely a UFO but the odds of it being extra-terrestrial are so mind-bogglingly minute it's pretty certain to be anything else but.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/