Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    on the topic: No.

actualy atm there are different builds with simmilar dps, for example u can just spam Chi Exp. for 3-4 chis and renew buff/debuffs which takes you to ~22-25k dps with more then 60% damage done from this 1 abbility (mythic boss dummy). That makes gameplay really boring, pushing 2 button once in 10 second while you are wating for energy regen. So yea.. monks are slow, easy to play and boring in 2 of 3 specs and blizzard is ok with it.
    Last edited by l2p4; 2014-07-31 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    It would take the class being obscenely OP for people to FotM reroll to them.

At the moment Monks are the highest melee dps by a fair bit in SoO, have great AoE and solid cleave, but how many monks do you see? The class is barely explored by most players and at best an alt. Even if they were strong enough, they wouldn't be a FotM because a lot of people can't be bothered to learn how to play a new class if it's not as flashy as DKs were.
    Lol? Monks are around the bottom of melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    Then the monks you played with sucked badly!

Then the monks you play with are terrible. I'm a Brewmaster with a Windwalker off-set, and on some fights we're just so amazing when it comes to DPS. Overall, we're fine, but some encounters they just dominate.

In terms of if we'll be FotM in Patch 6.0+, I doubt it. Our DPS on Beta isn't spectacular, our Healing isn't that strong and our Tanking is pretty weak at the moment. I'm a little concerned about Monks, but I'll fight through it.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe in your experience. He's right in that Monks are the best AoE and 3 target cleave Melee, but not the overall highest. Definitely not the lowest by any means.

According to RaidBots WW is solidly in the middle when looking at all 25H Parses over the past 2 months. Granted RaidBots doesn't take any WarcraftLogs into account, the sample size is still quite large. Looking at all 25H Parses gives you a better idea of how people are playing the class, not how it CAN be played. WW is at the top on Fallen Protectors and 2nd on Galakras. The lowest fight for WW is 3rd from the bottom on Malkorok and Norushen. Even only looking at Top 100 parses of the past month, WW actually moves up a spot on nearly every fight.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Dragore View Post
    The increase in monks atm is due to being the end of expansion and having a lot of time to level/play alts. Also with the boost to 90 you get from purchasing WoD monk was probably a pretty good choice for most people since its the new class and leveling from 1 does not appeal to most. As far as fotm class in 6.0 I don't think they are in a position that would create that extra flow. Like someone said they still the least played class or close to it.
    This is exactly what I wanted to say. Waiting time is boring, doing achievements and leveling alt after alt are very common end-expansion syndromes and monk, as MoPs new class, will be still to level by most players in comparison to other classes.