Deleted

Question Leveling Enchanting with a new character = Question regarding rolling in dungeons

I have a question regarding Enchanting when it comes to leveling.

Whilst in dungeons I have the option whether to greed or disenchant option although I don't know what option to choose whilst leveling a character as I noticed I don't gain experience with enchanting when choosing the disenchant option but I do have a better chance of recieving enchanting supplies..

Which option would you recommend more?

Deleted
    it does not matter, they are both the same roll, the only difference is that one gives the item and the other give the mats.

Actually it does matter.
    I always roll greed, because if you're in lvl25 guild you can get sometime extra mats when disenchanting, its abit more work to disenchant every item when you win it, but still you can get bonus mats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ktperry View Post
    Actually it does matter.
    I always roll greed, because if you're in lvl25 guild you can get sometime extra mats when disenchanting, its abit more work to disenchant every item when you win it, but still you can get bonus mats.
    This. As far as I know, the auto-disenchant roll isn't affected by the guild bonus.

Deleted
    Some items vendor for more than the mat cost, so it's more prudent to just Greed and then check mat prices for what's likely to come out of it.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    You want to roll greed because otherwise you will not get the extra mats from the guild perk. Also I think rolling DE will prevent you from gaining a skill-up on the rare occasions that disenchanting can do that.

Always greed and manually disenchant - alternatively, as another poster suggested, sometimes vendoring the item will give you more gold than what the mats sell for on the AH. This is especially true for any blue-quality dungeon items.

Deleted
    Im not sure of the guild perk isn't rolled into the autoDE roll now, i only say this because yesterday me and my wife were farming warscouts and rares and 3 times out of 11 using the DE option (we are both enchanters) we received multiples shards from blue armour. Just speculating really.

Also you can only get a skillup from disenchanting from lvl 1-50 afaik.

Leveling Enchanting and farming mats must be separated for Enchanting, you have to ask yourself two question:

How much in a hurry are you?
    Can you stand long session of manual DE?

Doing farm run while in party will allow you to farm mats very quickly with less space management to do, when bag are full you'll just have to mail 12x20 stacks of mats. The DE button give a space management of his own allowing you to have more space and farm longer. It is currently the fastest way to grind Enchanting.

You could do the same farm run but pressing Need instead of DE you'll have to mail more frequently and the overall amount of mats will be reduced because of the ratio of mats per items. After this you'll have hours of manual DE to do. That can be frustrating when you wont reach the amount of mats you were aiming/requiring.

Tha choice is yars!

Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    This. As far as I know, the auto-disenchant roll isn't affected by the guild bonus.
    The auto-roll benefits from the guild bonus provided the enchanter is in a guild the with the bonus.