Lightbulb Feat of Strength idea:

Feat of Strength idea:

Expand upon the "Ahead of the Curve" styled Feat of Strength. *

* - With the new Legacy Tab (impending WoD implementation) and Blizzard seemingly awarding Feats of Strength for doing every current raid (and even individual bosses), I think it makes sense to expand this type of Feat of Strength to include previous expansions dating back to Wrath of the Lich King.

For example:

"Ahead of the Curve - Wrath of the Lich King"

- In this Feat there is a list of all available WoTLK raids and they'd either be Highlighted (yes) or Un-highlighted (no) for if they did indeed complete each raid before the subsequent raid-patch content's release.

But how?

All information is at hand dating back to the start of Wrath of the Lich King with exact dates of completion.

Where?

(Start) Achievements-->Dungeons and Raids-->Lich King Raids-->X or Y Raid Completion Achievement (Finish).

All you have to do is see when a raid was implemented-->Find out when the next tier was launched-->And now you have your exact dates to match it all up with your Raid Completion Dates.

For Example:

Mike the Rogue completed Ulduar on May 12th, 2009 (Patch 3.1). Patch 3.2 (Trial of the Crusader) didn't drop until August 4th, 2009. Therefore, Mike the Rogue would be awarded the "Ahead of the Curve: Ulduar" achievement for Ulduar.

Additionally:

Burning Crusade and more importantly Classic are outliers in this scenario and, the way I see it, a couple things could be done to manage them.

"Ahead of the Curve - The Burning Crusade" and "Ahead of the Curve - World of Warcraft"

1 - You could have a similar scenario play out and your indicator in these ones would simply be if they completed X or Y raid before the release of the subsequent expansion's release.

OR

2 - Only start these 'Ahead of the Curve' achievements with the start of Wrath of the Lich King so as not to cause problems with the on-going achievement dates not being awarded properly for TBC/Classic.**

** - There is a flaw in The Burning Crusade and Classic WoW's Raid Completion dates because they were only awarded if you had an item or completed a quest(e.g. Head of Onyxia, Eye of C'Thun) from that raid's final boss. If, and only then, you would be awarded said Achievements/Feats. There are many people who completed raids (SSC/TK/BT/SWP, lvl 60 ZG, lvl 60 Ony) that never were awarded their Raid Completion Achievements (from that specific expansion) and Feats of Strength because Blizzard's system has flawed ways to recognize if you did in fact complete said raid.

and finally..

Addressing "Cutting Edge":

This is as far as I've gotten with this idea. I suppose something could be done for most of the WoTLK raids in terms of 'Cutting Edge' as well. Either..

1 - None could be created at all

OR

2 - Specific ones for hard modes like Sartharion (10/25m 3 Drake), Yogg Saron ( 10/25m 0 Lights), Algalon the Observer (10/25m a la Ra-den), and Lich King (10/25m Heroic) could be created as well to honor those achievements.

Suggest, comment, critique, flame... have at it! Thanks for reading!

Quote Originally Posted by celinamuna View Post
    Why ?
    10char
    Blizzard felt they should give progression raiders (in MoP) a tip of the hat and award these Feats of Strength, so why not award it for previous expansions as well? Especially when (dating back to WotLK) they have the exact dates to corroborate everything.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Blizzard felt they should give progression raiders (in MoP) a tip of the hat and award these Feats of Strength, so why not award it for previous expansions as well? Especially when (dating back to WotLK) they have the exact dates to corroborate everything.
    There's no point, it would take away from time spent doing more productive things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    There's no point, it would take away from time spent doing more productive things.
    Was giving MoP raiders these random Feats productive in itself though? My point is; If there's dates to prove it all unequivocally (dating back to WoTLK), why not touch all bases if you're going to implement such a thing?

Was giving MoP raiders these random Feats productive in itself though? My point is; If there's dates to prove it all unequivocally (dating back to WoTLK), why not touch all bases if you're going to implement such a thing?
    Except they were added While they were already working on those raids and their corresponding achievements. Lets not forget they were able to enable / disable getting said achievement manually. They would have to design Something that would go back and check every date on every raid achievement since wrath and Then have it award them the achievements. Whats the point?

This provides nothing of use and no one will care. Giving the MoP raiders achievements was productive in that it gave them more of a reason to try and do the raids and finish them before they were obsolete. They do not need to "touch all bases" and give past achievements their own new achievement. They didn't go back and mess with it concerning 10 / 25 achievements so they wont this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Except they were added While they were already working on those raids and their corresponding achievements. Lets not forget they were able to enable / disable getting said achievement manually. They would have to design Something that would go back and check every date on every raid achievement since wrath and Then have it award them the achievements. Whats the point?

This provides nothing of use and no one will care. Giving the MoP raiders achievements was productive in that it gave them more of a reason to try and do the raids and finish them before they were obsolete. They do not need to "touch all bases" and give past achievements their own new achievement. They didn't go back and mess with it concerning 10 / 25 achievements so they wont this.
    It appears as though they're starting a new trend with Cutting Edge and Ahead of the Curve Feats so there's no reason why they shouldn't retro-actively catch the previous expansions (dating back to WoTLK) up to date as well.

"Providing nothing of use and no one caring" is your opinion, and I appreciate you giving it and reading this, but that's all it is.

It appears as though they're starting a new trend with Cutting Edge and Ahead of the Curve Feats so there's no reason why they shouldn't retro-actively catch the previous expansions (dating back to WoTLK) up to date as well.

"Providing nothing of use and no one caring" is your opinion, and I appreciate you giving it and reading this, but that's all it is.
    It may be an opinion that no one would care, obvously you would, but its not gonna happen. Its a lot harder to create a system that will look at the dates and Properly assign a FoS to people with the correct date then to not. Then you have on top of that that those who have the correct date will lose achievement points while those who do not have the correct date will retain their achievement point totals.

That in itself would anger people, causing them to have to not only design a way for their systems to check and properly flag people for those FoS, but ensure that their points would not be effected. Its a lot of work to fix something that aint broke.

If it takes them over a month, minimum, to make a simple, static model to show for concept art, they'd find a way to make creating retroactive feats of strength for ICC into a painful undertaking.