Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    No, I think some of the stuff up there are really good ideas/products/whatever that people would/could use and deserve the support.

Other things, like this fat woman, are just idiotic. I get that she was injured and couldn't run or exercise and all that crap, but please, she got that way by stuffing her face while she was sitting around injured. She doesn't need a professional, she needs a dose of reality, not another sip of sangria.
    well she does need professional doctors for a possible gastric bypass surgery.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

The main problem with kickstarter and indiegogo are the same one Steam has. The screening process is way too lax. These places should be refusing to put up pages for projects that are in clear violation of the rules. But since they get a portion of the money of successful projects, they have little incentive to.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I mean, people can do whatever they wish with their money, if they want to donate it to an entitled overweight women; Go for it, if they want to support a crowd sourced game go for it, if they want to watch me jerk it on a HD cam, go for it!
    This, as long as no laws are broken why should I care.
    Would I prefer people spend their money one something useful sure but it is not my money.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2014-07-13 at 08:12 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marriorfan54 View Post
    Well the thing is what you mention actually sounds like a decent project, trying to help a community is a noble goal...but this kind of crap is just... I dunno, maybe it's just hard to see it without being in the person's shoes, but it seems utterly ridiculous!~
    What does it matter if it's ridiculous? If people think it is, they won't fund it, and if it doesn't hit its goal they don't get any of the money. If people think it's a good cause, they will fund it and then it happens. It let's the people decide what they want, be it for some random chick to be less fat (highly doubt she would even spend the money on that anyway because who the fuck needs 5k to get a damn gym membership and eat slightly more healthy), to fund a game, or even making potato salad, it lets people with too much money decide what they want to spend it on, while helping other people out in an unlimited number of ways.
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Crap shoot. Either its a hit or a miss.

Can't disregard it, but can't ignore it.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Deleted
    It doesn't IMO, it should be for creation, for art and to further the human species, not to help someone stop eating cake. Shit pisses me off.
    Your opinion doesn't matter, its the opinion of the people who pay for that stuff that matters.

Don't like it? Don't contribute to it. Whining on the internet about it will only result in it getting more attention and possible funding.

Deleted
    God no.. no no no no

I hate indie games so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    God no.. no no no no

I hate indie games so much.
    how can you hate "indie games"

indie games is not a genre, an indie game is just a game made by an indie developer.

thats like saying "i hate indie music"

its a idiotic closeminded statement.

you dont need to be part of ea or activision or blizzard or nintendo or sony to make a good game.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    how can you hate "indie games"

indie games is not a genre, an indie game is just a game made by an indie developer.

thats like saying "i hate indie music"

its a idiotic closeminded statement.

you dont need to be part of ea or activision or blizzard or nintendo or sony to make a good game.
    Because theyre all bad, look horrible and waste time.. every time I see an interesting title, and look it up and see it's actually indie, it ends up in disappointment and brings me closer to the emo side.

Music it different cause you dont need high production value to make good music.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well I did get some pretty good rewards from kickstarter before, so rewards can definitely be had. Not sure how I feel about a piece of this chicks jeans though lol
    I guess he meant rewards like the >20x ROI that I got from a singer a few years ago.

Now THAT was fun crowdfunding.
    Oh, hi.

Just looking for peoples opinions on how they feel about funding through places like kickstarter and indiegogo. I understand the place for games, music, true art! But now I"m finding absolutely ridiculous things like some fat chick asking for money to lose weight on it, don't you think it's gone a little bit too far?!?

Check this crap out
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/h...t--7/x/8111933

Tell me that isn't wrong!

Honest opinion? Does this kind of thing REALLY belong on a fundraising website???

It doesn't IMO, it should be for creation, for art and to further the human species, not to help someone stop eating cake. Shit pisses me off.

People like yourself are what's wrong with the world today.

Ask yourself this, why don't you want to help a fellow human being who needs help? Your post is disgusting, at the very least I hope this gets her some more funding to aid her. Instead of eating a bunch of cake and sitting on the couch watching soap operas she's trying to do something about it, that makes her worthy imo right there.
    My brother was in a car accident by some piece of shit drunk driver as well and lost his leg, it ruined his life. Now obviously she still has her legs but imagine if your ankle is so badly messed up you can't even run?

Don't you want to live in a world where people are caring, nurturing and supportive of others? I certainly do, as a fellow human being you should be wanting to help even if you can't donate, not promote hate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arnoldr45 View Post
    People like yourself are what's wrong with the world today.

Ask yourself this, why don't you want to help a fellow human being who needs help? Your post is disgusting, at the very least I hope this gets her some more funding to aid her. Instead of eating a bunch of cake and sitting on the couch watching soap operas she's trying to do something about it, that makes her worthy imo right there.
    My brother was in a car accident by some piece of shit drunk driver as well and lost his leg, it ruined his life. Now obviously she still has her legs but imagine if your ankle is so badly messed up you can't even run?

Don't you want to live in a world where people are caring, nurturing and supportive of others? I certainly do, as a fellow human being you should be wanting to help even if you can't donate, not promote hate.
    Losing weight is simple, you don't need thousands of dollars donated by others to achieve the loss of it.

I have to question the entitled twits who feel they deserve my money to lose weight.

Step 1) Track your intake

Step 2) Reduce and reformulate your intake

Step 3) That's all, or, if you're feeling advantageous do a bit of cardio for maximum weight loss.

She is not at the stage where she needs a bypass nor a personal trainer, her ankle injury will affect her potentially working out but it won't prevent it; She's really expecting charity for something easily attained yourself.

I think they're great places to ask for funds but people can't be ridiculous about it

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Losing weight is simple, you don't need thousands of dollars donated by others to achieve the loss of it.

I have to question the entitled twits who feel they deserve my money to lose weight.

Step 1) Track your intake

Step 2) Reduce and reformulate your intake

Step 3) That's all, or, if you're feeling advantageous do a bit of cardio for maximum weight loss.

She is not at the stage where she needs a bypass nor a personal trainer, her ankle injury will affect her potentially working out but it won't prevent it; She's really expecting charity for something easily attained yourself.

How do you do cardio, improve heart function and your health when you can't use your leg because your ankle is ruined? I understand what you're saying, but goddamn, people in this country sicken me. Absolutely no apathy for other human beings at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by arnoldr45 View Post
    How do you do cardio, improve heart function and your health when you can't use your leg because your ankle is ruined? I understand what you're saying, but goddamn, people in this country sicken me. Absolutely no apathy for other human beings at all.
    Low impact cardio, Swimming, riding a bike, elliptical gear ect.

All the above is very friendly to people with ankle injuries, and sure, i have no empathy to someone expecting donations to motivate them into losing weight.

Better people than her in worse conditions have lost weight purely on their own merit and determination to change.

It's certainly helped get right to the point.

game producer: I've got an idea, I need money.
    gamers: We like your idea, we have money.

Done. It should have always been that easy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just looking for peoples opinions on how they feel about funding through places like kickstarter and indiegogo. I understand the place for games, music, true art! But now I"m finding absolutely ridiculous things like some fat chick asking for money to lose weight on it, don't you think it's gone a little bit too far?!?

Check this crap out
    https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/h...t--7/x/8111933

Tell me that isn't wrong!

Honest opinion? Does this kind of thing REALLY belong on a fundraising website???

If people are donating it obviously belongs on a fundraising website. I have no problem with what people put up on fundraising sites since I'm not forced to give them money.

If you don't like it, don't donate. It's that simple.