WoW and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes similarities.

So I just finished watching Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. Awesome movie, but it really brought out the FOR THE HORDE in the me. Spoilage of the movie ahead so be warned!!!
    -
    -
    -
    -
    So many similarities! The Thrall and Garrosh relationship versus Caesar and Koba? The betrayal and war with humans because of fear and hate? The entrance to the ape home looking like every WoW Horde entrance in the barrens? The apes actually largely resembling orcs? Every time I saw Ceasar with his mate and baby all I could see was Thrall with Aggra and their son. Anyone else feel that way?

I just hope that the movie is done in the same cinematic fashion because it was absolutely amazing. The apes were incredibly realistic. I can't wait to see what they do with it.

And of course can't forget FOR THE HORDE!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    I get the same feeling about the Alliance every time I watch the Teletubbies.

Quote Originally Posted by In-Sane View Post
    While I don't appreciate being likened to chubby things with TVs in their stomach, that did make me chortle.

Anyway, I haven't seen Dawn of the Planets of the Apes, but when I do I'll keep this in mind now to look I guess, although it doesn't seem like it's too uncommon of a theme for races trying to fight for their right to survive.

Pretty sure Koba is just supposed to mirror the same role as General Aldo from the original Planet of the Apes films. The plot of Dawn is just a loose retelling of Battle.

Quote Originally Posted by In-Sane View Post

Caesar versus Koba doesn't really add up to Garrosh v Thrall; Garrosh only ever wanted to convince himself that his father loved him, which led him to making the True Horde and the Iron Horde. Caesar only wanted to keep his people safe.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Caesar versus Koba doesn't really add up to Garrosh v Thrall; Garrosh only ever wanted to convince himself that his father loved him, which led him to making the True Horde and the Iron Horde.
    He also wanted to prove himself worthy of his father's legacy, and that in part leading him to war against the Alliance to establish the Horde, and the Orcs, as the dominant force on their planet.

Makes sense
    Thrall/Caesar - prefer to talk/peace/whatever
    Koba/Garrosh - talks with fists
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2014-07-12 at 04:38 AM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"