I have just had a grand realization.

Maybe it's because i'm 30 and still playing games now and then, who knows, but as a long time MMO player and a long time table top RPG player, i have come to realize something.

MMOS are the modern age Table Top RPG...

And World of Warcraft is akin to Original D&D. For some people, WoW is all they know, and although there are others out there like Wildstar (MMO) or Gurps (TTRPG) they choose to stick with WoW, not because he thinks it's perfect, but because it works, even with it's faults.

The formula is old, but it works. It's rock solid, and there is no shame in sticking with one, so long as it makes you happy and content.

I've been reading a lot about Buddhism recently.

MMORPGs used to be Table Top RPGs, but as of late they've become more akain to Rock-em-sock-em robots, on a very big and nice playing field and with numbers attached.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a lot of ways I always thought WoW was a mix between FF1 and Street Fighter but it may have been because those were two games I played when I was younger and didn't have anything like DnD to reference to.

Funny enough, I'm almost 30 myself and only played D&D for my first time about a year ago. Been playing RPGs since Final Fantasy 4, and I'd already been playing WoW for several years.

And yeah, modern RPGs still have the same things going on behind the scenes. The only difference is that they automate the stuff you do in tabletop games like D&D (dice rolling, math, the need to write stuff down, etc).