Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Dreadlord Fungj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    838
    I don't think Spirit Shell is fun and would rather see it gone for good.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Bullshit, by the way - disc doesn't have any more raw throughput than say, a mistweaver or a resto shaman. They just get to go first due to absorbs. You won't be able to drop 2 healers just because you got a disc because of the class - if that's the case, the disc is simply outplaying the healers he replaced. Cause =/= causation - healers being top on meters by almost double isn't equal to them counting for two healers.
    That, of course, assumes that granting your raiders an extra X% of EHP isn't worth more than being able to theoretically push out additional HPS (I'm sure all the MWs in the world are super happy that they have the highest HPS rotation). Hmm, practicality is actually important when discussing class mechanics?

    Generally speaking, and just so it's abundantly clear, when someone is saying that disc priests are worth twice as much as another healer, they're making a reference to the fact that disc priests can ensure their raid members' survival by using half the spells/GCDs that other healers would require. If you are unable to distinguish between what this means and the claim that disc can push out more HPS than other healer specs, then there is an impasse in the discussion due to one party's incompetence at processing simple arguments.
    Last edited by Pennoyer; 2014-07-26 at 10:16 AM.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post

    Generally speaking, and just so it's abundantly clear, when someone is saying that disc priests are worth twice as much as another healer, they're making a reference to the fact that disc priests can ensure their raid members' survival by using half the spells/GCDs that other healers would require.
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're saying, are you suggesting disc priests don't cast as much as other healers? Or are you just trying to say "they're valuable because shields"?

  4. #64
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    That, of course, assumes that granting your raiders an extra X% of EHP isn't worth more than being able to theoretically push out additional HPS (I'm sure all the MWs in the world are super happy that they have the highest HPS rotation). Hmm, practicality is actually important when discussing class mechanics?

    Generally speaking, and just so it's abundantly clear, when someone is saying that disc priests are worth twice as much as another healer, they're making a reference to the fact that disc priests can ensure their raid members' survival by using half the spells/GCDs that other healers would require. If you are unable to distinguish between what this means and the claim that disc can push out more HPS than other healer specs, then there is an impasse in the discussion due to one party's incompetence at processing simple arguments.

    And you clearly didn't understand anything I wrote, but nice try. If you spent a few hours reading those forums you'd know that I am well aware of all this, but that's not what I responded to. I responded to someone claiming that disc was worth two healers, which is completly false. Any healer can do what disc does. They'll just have a harder time at it because their healing goes into overheal instead of absorbs.
    Also, "disc priests can ensure their raid members' survival by using half the spells/GCDs that other healers would require." <--- all of my wat. Do you think disc just stands around doing nothing half the time? Considering you have a resto druid main and a 465 ilvl disc priest alt, I'm guessing you don't actually understand how disc works at all <___<.

    (and just to be clear, I find it genuinely funny that you say disc priests has to use half as many buttons etc when resto druid literally makes use of five - Rejuv, WG, swiftmend, Healing touch and occasionally regrowth - two of those just auto-used on CD and one spammed on the raid as a filler. Rejuv is the atonement of the "healer" world ).

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    (and just to be clear, I find it genuinely funny that you say disc priests has to use half as many buttons etc when resto druid literally makes use of five - Rejuv, WG, swiftmend, Healing touch and occasionally regrowth - two of those just auto-used on CD and one spammed on the raid as a filler. Rejuv is the atonement of the "healer" world ).
    Then there are shamans, with Healing Rain and HST.

    My raid jokes that 1 HST has the same throughput as a disc priest.

    and gratz on 91st percentile, nice. =P
    6.0 Disc Priest Guide http://i.imgur.com/QbCmDc2l.jpg

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Pennoyer View Post
    That, of course, assumes that granting your raiders an extra X% of EHP isn't worth more than being able to theoretically push out additional HPS (I'm sure all the MWs in the world are super happy that they have the highest HPS rotation). Hmm, practicality is actually important when discussing class mechanics?

    Generally speaking, and just so it's abundantly clear, when someone is saying that disc priests are worth twice as much as another healer, they're making a reference to the fact that disc priests can ensure their raid members' survival by using half the spells/GCDs that other healers would require. If you are unable to distinguish between what this means and the claim that disc can push out more HPS than other healer specs, then there is an impasse in the discussion due to one party's incompetence at processing simple arguments.
    Here is a typical main rotation for a disc priest:

    Atonement--> a PWS or two --> IF/PoH --> Archangel Divine Star and/or spirit shell --> atonement. This disc priest who is probably pwning the meters hard in many SoO encounters, is actually doing feck all HPS for over half the time but just produces a massive and largely random burst (you have no control over who gets the 150-200k aegis from DS) every so often. You might say that the disc priest requires only a few GCDs to ensure raid survival because of that, but that is wildly inaccurate. The accurate statement, is the disc priest uses fewer casting time than some of the other healers to produce the majority of its healing output. That does not mean in any way that this healing output automatically ensures raid survival. If anything disc priests thrive on eating up trivial, non-lethal damage that could have been easily healed by the other healers if disc wasn't there.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •