Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    dont now much about pc compatability so nm the z97 mobo

Deleted
    as an AMD fan for the last several year I say this with all seriousness. Get an intel set up.
    Get a larger than 60gig ssd 128gig min for the OS.

if this is your first PC you will need an OS, the only free ones are Linux disto's, and for a multitude of reasons that should be apparent I would not recommend you getting a linux os... yet.

Deleted
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($239.99 @ Newegg)
    CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.99 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($89.99 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($76.50 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($109.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon R9 280X 3GB Black Edition Double Dissipation Video Card ($279.99 @ NCIX US)
    Case: Corsair 200R ATX Mid Tower Case ($39.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: Rosewill Hive 550W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($46.00 @ Newegg)
    Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer ($14.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $902.42
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

There is no reason not to go with an Intel CPU.

Thank you all for so many good ideas and all the advice

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
    final budget 900 max, can use amd cpu and only one hard drive as i can always add another later on (preferably an ssd though) but can be a 250 gig or so, 8 gigs of ram, asrock z97 mobo as long as it supports amd, most of budget should go into graphics card and cpu
    AMD is not going to give you the performance you want, even if you go with their more expensive hardware. It's still going to be inferior to Intel, especially for gaming/streaming.

It will also consume more power and run hotter, forcing you to compensate with better cooler/lower settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    5.98 is alright for up to 720p. You will need at least 10Mbit to stream 1080p.

Now that we have figured out your speeds, we can help you pare down your budget to fit a build that will work for what you're capable of.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qrmC4D
    Not sure which streaming you are talking about. But twitch only allows you to upload at 3.5 mbits and considers anything above an abuse for a non sponsored channel. And 1080 looks great at that speed with proper codec set up. I even have my audio at 320kbits, and do not have frame drops or anything bad happening with my connection always below 5mbit upload.

Quote Originally Posted by volkvin View Post
    Not sure which streaming you are talking about. But twitch only allows you to upload at 3.5 mbits and considers anything above an abuse for a non sponsored channel. And 1080 looks great at that speed with proper codec set up. I even have my audio at 320kbits, and do not have frame drops or anything bad happening with my connection always below 5mbit upload.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Twitch/comme...ternet_speeds/

Not sure what you linked me, since it actually proves my point.
    "As far as I know 1080p streamers use 3000+ bitrate and are partnered because it's not always possible that your audience will be able to watch source quality."

also why would you link reddit...
    http://help.twitch.tv/customer/porta...coder Settings

Quote Originally Posted by volkvin
    Not sure what you linked me, since it actually proves my point.
    "As far as I know 1080p streamers use 3000+ bitrate and are partnered because it's not always possible that your audience will be able to watch source quality."

also why would you link reddit...
    http://help.twitch.tv/customer/porta...coder Settings
    I linked a reddit post talking about trouble with streaming to show you a real conversation about streaming, not just a list of requirements provided by Twitch. Actual real world usage requires about a 10mbit connection for 1080p. You're not going to be just streaming your footage. You're going to be using that outgoing connection for everything your computer needs it for, as well as what everyone else in your household needs it for. Three people in your house streaming @ 1080p? Good luck with that 3Mbit connection. Not to mention your download/upload speeds fluctuate with neighboring traffic. Sometimes you'll get 3Mbit, other times you'll get 1Mbit. It's better to have at least 10Mbit to play with to ensure quality streams all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    I linked a reddit post talking about trouble with streaming to show you a real conversation about streaming, not just a list of requirements provided by Twitch. Actual real world usage requires about a 10mbit connection for 1080p. You're not going to be just streaming your footage. You're going to be using that outgoing connection for everything your computer needs it for, as well as what everyone else in your household needs it for. Three people in your house streaming @ 1080p? Good luck with that 3Mbit connection. Not to mention your download/upload speeds fluctuate with neighboring traffic. Sometimes you'll get 3Mbit, other times you'll get 1Mbit. It's better to have at least 10Mbit to play with to ensure quality streams all the time.
    Alright. The only reason i got into this conversation is because i, like the op, have 5mbit up, and i do not have trouble even during high usage times. The only trouble are torrents, but all of those are restricted to only run between 2am and 7 am. And i do have a fair amount of devices on my network. Not to mention that i stream from my laptop on wireless.
    The last few weekends i had extra long runs of video 12hrs+, ive only dropped 140 frames, which is less then 0.02%...

Also, the up part of the connection is not used as much as you think. Uploading photos/videos/torrents is the only heavy part.

Also*2, my experience with ISP, is the package they sell is always below real world numbers. im on 100/5, speedtest shows me at 106/5.4...
    Last edited by volkvin; 2014-07-14 at 10:20 PM.