Page 1 of 23
... LastLast
    Deleted

Next to flying, also disable the Dungeon Finder for WOD dungeons?

So the idea of no flying in WoD is to improve immersion.
    This got me thinking; why not disable the dungeon finder as well for all the new dungeons between 91-100?

It doesn't have to be permanent, they could switch it on halfway through the expansion, kinda like it was introduced in Wrath halfway.

This could have a couple of benefits:
    - More immersion.
    - Dungeon running feels less "spammy" this way.
    - The possibility of meeting new people (and actually making friendships again).

And since "dead" realms are connected through connected realms now, there is no reason not to do it anymore in my eyes.

What do you guys think?

i agree with your suggestion.

i think disabling dungeon finder for 1 or 2 patches will help the server community specially that now you have "new" players that are merged to your server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    So the idea of no flying in WoD is to improve immersion.
    This got me thinking; why not disable the dungeon finder as well for all the new dungeons between 91-100?

It doesn't have to be permanent, they could switch it on halfway through the expansion, kinda like it was introduced in Wrath halfway.

This could have a couple of benefits:
    - More immersion.
    - Dungeon running feels less "spammy" this way.
    - The possibility of meeting new people (and actually making friendships again).

And since "dead" realms are connected through connected realms now, there is no reason not to do it anymore in my eyes.

What do you guys think?
    What I think is, people like you need to stop worrying about the way others enjoy/choose to play their game. If you dislike DF don't use it. But to take your opinion on it, and present that as a suggestion that will 'improve the game' is nonsense.

I hate queuing for stuff too. But I understand that its the only way a lot of people can experience some parts of the game. And that's their right, no matter how hard it may be for people like you to get that through your heads.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post
    i agree with your suggestion.

i think disabling dungeon finder for 1 or 2 patches will help the server community specially that now you have "new" players that are merged to your server.
    Exactly! Could work out great and it might be worth experimenting with alongside the stalling of flying until a later patch

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    What I think is, people like you need to stop worrying about the way others enjoy/choose to play their game. If you dislike DF don't use it. But to take your opinion on it, and present that as a suggestion that will 'improve the game' is nonsense.

I hate queuing for stuff too. But I understand that its the only way a lot of people can experience some parts of the game. And that's their right, no matter how hard it may be for people like you to get that through your heads.
    Eh.... serves me for doing a suggestion I guess. What was I thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.

I get that it's an RPG... but people use the term "immersion" so grossly inaccurately that it's become a keyword like "scaling" or "clunky". It has no meaning anymore for most people.

I don't play RPGs to be immersed. Removing the dungeon finder is a huge step back in QoL for 90% of players.

15+ Year Old Account
    NO
    Random groups are bad but all my friends who played MMOs without LFD have really missed this feature. Arranging groups manually (if you don't have friends yet) is a huge timesink.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think that finding a group through LFD should be a lower difficulty with lesser rewards like LFR. Normal dungeons would be harder and can be formed with the group finder. Heroic dungeons should be really hard with good rewards but only formed by invite.

I enjoy dungeons and want some hard ass content. I don't like challenge modes. Nerfing me to make content harder isn't fun.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

Immersion into wow's selfadmitted lorelol?

Nope, bad idea imo. For starters, it's an absolute pain to find groups this way, aside from that... remember cataclysm? Didn't take too long for them to revert the change where you had to discover the dungeon entrances. The idea behind it might be okay but I don't think it'll work out tbh.

Deleted
    No, before the dungeon finder tool was implemented it could take ages to form a group, only to have it fall apart before you even got to the dungeon.

I would support refinements to dungeon finder tool though:

1) Favourites - the ability to mark another random dungeon player as a favourite, who will then be prioritised, if available, over other players when forming a random group.

2) Friends take priority - people on your friends list will, if available, be selected for random groups instead of other players.

3) Own realm only flag - players should be able to choose to play with people from only their own realm if they wish.

Deleted
    I think it would be a great idea.
    Makes it more cool to do dungeons, if we need to go til the instence.

If you ever played vanilla or TBC then you'll know what a pain in the ass that was, so no, horrible idea. If you want immersion, don't use it.
    1001 0111 0011 0111 1000 0101

Deleted
    While I appreciate the theory behind this idea- (Damn I miss the community side of heroic dungeons back in TBC. The daily heroic quest back then is still one of the smartest things Blizz ever did with this game)- I think that the difficulty of the dungeons themselves is important in establishing an opinion on this.
    Something I've believed since Cata's launch is that most people expect a dungeon's difficulty to reflect the difficulty of getting into the dungeon.

Back in TBC, I had the benefit of being one of the most renowned tanks on my faction/server, so group finding was always easy. However, I'm not blind to the awkward, unreasonably long times it could take for some groups to form. However, the higher end of TBC heroics were genuinely difficult (ShH, Arc, etc), and even then most (save for two or three) were of a fair difficulty. Hard content = Hard LFG system, and the system worked.

Then the actual LFG tool comes out in WLK, and finding groups is now an absolute breeze! You press the button, carry on with your business and the game does all the work for you. And this too was reflected in the dungeon difficulty of WLK; every instance was a cakewalk.
    Here's where it gets interesting; Cata kept the 'easy' LFG system, but reintroduced moderately difficult dungeons. And I for one remember how many Qs were Q'd about the Stonecore shortly after launch. Easy LFG + Difficult dungeons = Unhappy players.
    This inconsistency is also evident back before the LFG system came to Vanilla dungeons. The dungeons were generally very easy, but finding groups was nigh-on impossible. Sometimes entire days could pass without anybody biting the hook for RFK, despite it being very easy. And then upon finding a full group, the content proves largely unchallenging and not very satisfying, and leaves a flavour of 'Well that wasn't worth the wait' in ones mouth. Hard LFG + Easy dungeons = A sad time for all.

And if you made it through the wall of text that grew a lot larger than I initially planned (sorry! ), my point should be clear by now. I don't know the dungeon difficulty in WoD (Gibe beta key pl0x huehue), but I'd like for the LFG system to reflect the dungeon design.

TL;DR If dungeons are easy, keep LFG tool in. If dungeons are hard, remove LFG tool (temporarily?).

Deleted
    I agree. Personally I feel like that actually being able to "do" those dungeons goes against the spirit of the whole game and just caters to those damn casuals.

Immersion is being overused behind red tinted goggles. Similar to the word nostalgia.

Dungeon running was horrible before. We dont need it again.

Wow, it's this innovative thread again.

No, it would not increase "immurshan" - that term you people like to throw around when trying to get your point across even though you don't have a clue what it really means.

Whenever a new MMORPG comes out that doesn't have a proper, smooth, easy-to-use LFG Tool, that new game is bashed for being outdated.

So I'll go ahead and blindly guess that the amount of people who want these tools removed are just a loud minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Eh.... serves me for doing a suggestion I guess. What was I thinking.
    It's not really a suggestion but kicking a dead horse.

The game was less fun when I spent two hours looking for a group in /tard channel and then one hour waiting while people actually got into the instance. There's nothing that would make me trade LFD back for that shit that was the "social" way of doing instances in vanilla, TBC and early WLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    Immersion ? are you high? did you play back with all the dudes were saturing the chat with "LF", "LFG" ,etc. This idea belongs to the LFR which is a disaster .