1. #1

    WoD Leveling: Moonkin Vs Feral

    Hi all, I'm currently ilvl 581 balance druid and I'm still caught in two minds whether to level as feral or balance in WoD. I've been trying to keep updated with them both but honestly can not decide what my main spec should be.

    I've switched constantly since TBC between feral and balance and enjoy them both equally.

    So guess my question is, will you be leveling as balance or feral, and why?

  2. #2
    The Lightbringer Tehterokkar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,886
    Leveling as Range has always been faster.

  3. #3
    I am going from my ret to Feral. And I will be leveling as Feral to get the interactions with the new changes etc.
    I am a menace to my own destiny.


    just roll a warrior. instead of crying about the imbalance - be the imbalance.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Eroth666 View Post
    I am going from my ret to Feral. And I will be leveling as Feral to get the interactions with the new changes etc.
    This is my main philosophy. Leveling as your mainspec allows you to get accustomed to the changes and playstyle, probably learn how to survive if you pull too many mobs, in the specific spec. Getting used to the basics while leveling also makes the path to more experienced gameplay easier, at max level.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    This is my main philosophy. Leveling as your mainspec allows you to get accustomed to the changes and playstyle, probably learn how to survive if you pull too many mobs, in the specific spec. Getting used to the basics while leveling also makes the path to more experienced gameplay easier, at max level.
    I totally agree, especially with how many changes they are making, this might be more valid than ever.

  6. #6
    From what I have tested on the Beta (mind you numbers still need to be tweaked) but for the first 3 levels or so it's pretty much dot and forget.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LL Hand J View Post
    From what I have tested on the Beta (mind you numbers still need to be tweaked) but for the first 3 levels or so it's pretty much dot and forget.
    What gear is that? I imagine a lot of the beta testers are in full heroic. For those in flex gear the experience will be quite different. Both level fast and I doubt either one is appreciably faster than the other.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Leveling as Range has always been faster.
    ? Cast time vs instant attacks, shitty stealth that makes u not able to stealth straight to quest objectives, Automatic selfheals so no need for healing spells slowing u down, no mana depletion, etc.

    You sure you ever leveled feral?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    ? Cast time vs instant attacks, shitty stealth that makes u not able to stealth straight to quest objectives, Automatic selfheals so no need for healing spells slowing u down, no mana depletion, etc.

    You sure you ever leveled feral?
    Dot everything, rejuv (if you ever need it), starfall to tag all monsters within a 40y radius vs. running 40y extra to reach every single mob.

    It's hard to tell how fast leveling will be since the numbers haven't been tuned yet, but I was oneshotting normal mobs with empowered SF during lunar peak on a 500 ilvl premade (was maybe 505-510 while leveling in shadowmoon, just equiping all the quest rewards).

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by teddabear View Post
    What gear is that? I imagine a lot of the beta testers are in full heroic. For those in flex gear the experience will be quite different. Both level fast and I doubt either one is appreciably faster than the other.
    I believe premades come at 500? I made a premade to start since copies werent working for me. Leveling at 500 was dot cast dead. At 580 it was dot dot dot dot maybe cast here and there, atleast for the first 1-2 levels it was fast either way. Once you hit 91 you get the instant starsurges back so its even faster. I went to dotting and then using one starsurge if I needed to. Ignored ecplise bar

  11. #11
    Field Marshal Jolty92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaky View Post
    I believe premades come at 500? I made a premade to start since copies werent working for me. Leveling at 500 was dot cast dead. At 580 it was dot dot dot dot maybe cast here and there, atleast for the first 1-2 levels it was fast either way. Once you hit 91 you get the instant starsurges back so its even faster. I went to dotting and then using one starsurge if I needed to. Ignored ecplise bar
    Its not 100% that you get the starsurge perk. Just sayin'.

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral xtramuscle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Suffolk, UK.
    Posts
    1,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaky View Post
    I believe premades come at 500? I made a premade to start since copies werent working for me. Leveling at 500 was dot cast dead. At 580 it was dot dot dot dot maybe cast here and there, atleast for the first 1-2 levels it was fast either way. Once you hit 91 you get the instant starsurges back so its even faster. I went to dotting and then using one starsurge if I needed to. Ignored ecplise bar
    I made a premade 90, im maxed at 92 atm. Some mobs take upto 3 empowered SFs to kill. Even those coming straight from timeless isle shouldnt struggle too much.

    As for perks I got improved boomkin form (+armour) at 91, and again at 92, so its obviously buggy. Wouldn't count on getting instant SS at 91 though.

    Vexxe of Old School.



    Streaming MOP raids live: (14/14HC 25Man SoO) and WOD Beta (Leveling and raid testing Heoric/Mythic) @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •