New keyboard problem. Help!!

Just bought a noppoo choc mini off amazon and for some reason when i click s, it also toggles caps lock, on and off. IE. (SSSsssSSSsSsSsSSSsSsSsSs.) that was me spamming s. searched google and everywhere said to turn sticky keys off, which it is. so decided to make my own post specifically.

Sounds like it's most likely just a problem with the keyboard itself. Does every other key besides "S" work correctly?

There are some things you can try that may or may not work.
    Plug it into a different USB port.
    Start in safe mode.
    Go to your keyboard settings and mess with your "Repeat Delay" and "Repeat Rate" there should be a box right below that where you can test it to see if it still does what it's doing now.

If none of those work, you might have just gotten a defective keyboard, get a replacement or a refund through Amazon.

Thank you! yes every key works except for s, i cant wait to get home and try this

- - - Updated - - -

None of those things worked unfortunately. Is there anywhere where I could just buy replacement switches?

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjuna View Post
    Thank you! yes every key works except for s, i cant wait to get home and try this

- - - Updated - - -

None of those things worked unfortunately. Is there anywhere where I could just buy replacement switches?
    Have you tried taking off the key and putting it back in to see if that does anything?

Is it possible to try the keyboard on another computer to see if the problem persists?

Try going into Device Manager, go into Keyboard, then uninstall the drivers for that specific keyboard, don't touch anything else, then restart. Windows should get you drivers, or you can install it again from whatever CD they gave you, if they gave you one.

Don't know about getting replacement switches, not sure if that'd actually do anything as the problem might lie within the keyboard itself. Your best bet is to just get a replacement/refund from amazon.

yeah I tried removing keys, it's also w and the 2 key. w toggles tab, and 2 toggles `. so idk, i got it on amazon with the title 'Used-Like New'. And the provider has not been answering any of my emails, and I do know amazon has a policy against returning used electronics. So that's why I'm wondering if a repair shop would do anything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranjuna View Post
    yeah I tried removing keys, it's also w and the 2 key. w toggles tab, and 2 toggles `. so idk, i got it on amazon with the title 'Used-Like New'. And the provider has not been answering any of my emails, and I do know amazon has a policy against returning used electronics. So that's why I'm wondering if a repair shop would do anything for me.
    Yeah, if you bought it from a seller, I think the only way might be through him. Odds are, he probably knew it was messed up to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, it is one of the weirdest issues I've ever heard of regarding keyboards. Certainly something is broken in the circuit scheme, some shortcut or something. The only way I know of resolving it without buying a new keyboard is installing Autohotkey and writing a script returning nothing when Caps Lock is pressed - provided you do not use Caps Lock, it should work fine.