Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Question If you Could Bring Back Any Dead Warcraft Character...

Who would you bring back?

Personally, I'm torn on this. As someone who's been reading the Warcraft books, playing since BC, and heavily immersed in the lore, there's so much I wish I could bring back. For one, I was utterly torn when I found out that Krasus dies at the end Twilight of the Aspects. I admit it - after having played, read, watched, and beared through with him - I cried. Then Rhonin; ah, that was just...I remember him all the way from Day of the Dragon, to WC2, to the War of the Ancients. WHY! Why Great Metzen why! And Malygos; he was ridiculously funnt; cracked the best jokes in Warcraft and was just a charm. Again, why! He went crazy...all those years of pouting after seeing his entire family completely annihilated by his best friend...through a device that he himself aided in it's construction, then centuries later become convinced that spellcasters were evil. I wish that I could bring all three of them back.

Uther. Next question.

Seriously though, I want to see Uther, or someone trying to be him without getting iceblocked the moment he walks into combat, taking on an platoon of Legion by himself. I want a cinematic of his hammer glowing as a Nathrezim is approaching. I want to find some alternate universe version where he got to be challenged directly and grow the way to players did so that when we find him he is the very pinnacle of a Paladin. I want A'dal to tell us the Light's Own Son is returned and that even Kil'jaeden hesitates to arrive in person until he's been worn down.

Give me a hero who acts like Grom and Thrall did during the Mannoroth cinematic but without the weakness and aim him at the Burning Legion.

Kael'thas Sunstrider; but WC3 Kael not WoW Kael.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shireshireshireton, shireville, the shire
    Nice try, Metzen. You won't fool us.
    Quote Originally Posted by perix View Post
    there are people that think war is like cod.
    That covers just about every twelve year old in America.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Who would you bring back?

Personally, I'm torn on this. As someone who's been reading the Warcraft books, playing since BC, and heavily immersed in the lore, there's so much I wish I could bring back. For one, I was utterly torn when I found out that Krasus dies at the end Twilight of the Aspects. I admit it - after having played, read, watched, and beared through with him - I cried. Then Rhonin; ah, that was just...I remember him all the way from Day of the Dragon, to WC2, to the War of the Ancients. WHY! Why Great Metzen why! And Malygos; he was ridiculously funnt; cracked the best jokes in Warcraft and was just a charm. Again, why! [B]He went crazy[/B]...all those years of pouting after seeing his entire family completely annihilated by his best friend...through a device that he himself aided in it's construction, then centuries later become convinced that spellcasters were evil. I wish that I could bring all three of them back.
    Actually he didn't go crazy; he went sane.

Also, I fully support killing off Krasus and Rhonin,- and every other Knaak character there is. Hopefully if Lucan Foxblood is ever heard from again; it'll be in the form of a mangled corpse...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    While I think plenty of characters were killed off in ways they shouldn't have been (e.g. Malygos), bringing most of them back wouldn't advance the storyline at this point. The character who was handled the most poorly and still has a lot of potential is, of course, Illidan. It's been stated that he is likely to return at some point, likely when the Burning Legion theme is explored as a full-on expansion.

With Warlords, Blizzard decided to go an alternate route - instead of resurrecting old characters, they brought them back through time-travel and an alternate universe. Really, this precedent allows them to bring back and utilize any character they wish in the future, so I wouldn't be surprised if we see some other fan-favorites (Kael'thas, Arthas) brought back in some fashion, depending on future expansion themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Narbootz View Post
    Kael'thas Sunstrider; but WC3 Kael not WoW Kael.
    this.

id also say illidan but we already know hes coming back.

sadly kosak said that having kael back would be nice they wont because the setback jokes would make it seem like a joke
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

They've probably already been brought back or will be soon

Grand Marshal Garithos. The Alliance needs his temperance leadership now more than ever.

Deleted
    Uther. /10char

Lothar. Didn't even have to think about that one for very long.

Maybe Kel'thuzad or Kael'thas Sunstrider?

Uther, no questions about that. Hell, maybe even Deathwing. I'm not gonna say Illidan cus we already know he's coming back.

Deleted
    Arthas, when he as a Death Knight and Deathwing on human form, when he wasent mad.
    Last edited by mmoc24665d4db5; 2014-07-12 at 09:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Malygos and Gul'dan. Malygos only did what he thought was right. But undeniably the moving of the ley lines would have had untold consequences on Azeroth. It was foolish, and out of character for someone who knew the consequences.

Gul'dan was badass.
    The goddess in my avatar is Hayley Williams.

Deleted
    Kerristrasza. Felt so bad about her.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Actually he didn't go crazy; he went sane.

Also, I fully support killing off Krasus and Rhonin,- and every other Knaak character there is. Hopefully if Lucan Foxblood is ever heard from again; it'll be in the form of a mangled corpse...
    Kill Med'an also and I'll be happy.

OT:
    Illidan, why? Because it's the best hero ever made... But maybe it'd be better if he stayed death? Though his ending wasn't as good as I think it should be.

Deleted
    Didn't even read the full thread title, or had any time to blink before I'd thought 'Rhonin' to myself.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if this actually counts, but Sylvanas would be my first choice. Other than that... maybe Varian's wife.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang Jr. And Broxigar the Red.

Yes, the Saurfang family is epic.

Maybe Lothar.