Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I get kicked pretty often for telling people how it is. Some people cant handle the truth honestly.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Kara View Post
    I get kicked pretty often for telling people how it is. Some people cant handle the truth honestly.
    Well, telling it how it is may come over as being an incredible jerk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mellrod View Post
    GS was such a stupid and generally inaccurate addon, and the fact that an outside mod had such a big effect on raiding and it's requirements pissed me off enough already.
    I found it funny that when GS was updated for Cataclysm so it took stats/gems/enchants etc. into account (and also when avg item level was introduced, which is even worse than original GS), it died out quicker than any addon I've known.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kicked in LFR for dps'ing as a disc priest. 1st on heals and 2nd on dps meters. :=/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Labruja View Post
    Kicked in LFR for dps'ing as a disc priest. 1st on heals and 2nd on dps meters. :=/
    Yeah man, I guess the felt really butthurt that you're outhealing and outdpsing all of 'em...
    I would love to have you in my LFR group lol.

That's kind of horrifying, even for LFR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stick a pen between 1/2/Q so that 1 is pressed as your Smite button.... /loot

Deleted
    First time I got kicked so far was back in Cata when I was tanking a random heroic on my Druid after returning from hiatus. I just barely had the ilvl to queue for the Dragonsoul 5mans and didn't even do so, but of course when I went for a random heroic, I ended up in one of the DS ones with 3 people from the same guild who were quite annoying from the start (healer decided he needed the "Moon Guard" achievement without telling me, so I had to get through the trash with selfhealing). On the trash before last boss, the healer finally let me die (claiming I didn't let him drink up - he was at full mana and just watched), but apparently the kick timer wasn't ready yet so they procrastinated and demanded the Healer (Paladin) tanked the last boss and the Shadow Priest healed. Priest didn't heal, we wiped, and they finally could kick me then. Was so good to be back in the game

I got kicked constantly in Wrath while tanking. I had this weird hybrid tank spec on my Warrior with MS, and with 2pc/2pc heroic T10, it pulled crazy DPS. They'd kick me because "you're in DPS gear" which was only the 2pc DPS tier and a DPS 1 hander.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Kara View Post
    How often do you find yourself in situations where "telling it how it is" actually benefits a player, group, or general morale? Might be something to consider. You're in a group after all.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

I think the funniest time I got kicked was during early Cata because I kept sapping, blinding, and generally stunlocking mobs & pats. Apparently AoE damage was more important to those guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was once kicked back in WotLK just for "sucking". On my enhance shaman back then I didn't have the best gear so what better way to get than to run the dungeons right? Well I got to Pit of Saron and after just a few groups of mobs they were like "wow dude you suck, kick him" and I go "what why we're not even doing that bad so what's the point?" and they continued to just insult my performance so they just kicked me. They were just some elitist idiots who thought they were top shit. Other than that time, I don't really remember any other times that I was kicked from a group. If I was ever kicked from a group it was because the person or the group were a bunch of elitist asshole shit mongers.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Were you actually bragging about it or something? If you did I can see why they kicked you.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a different note, we ran End Time once (that was the dungeon with big dragon, right?), and there were 4 of us from guild and 1 pugger. One of my friends (he is a troll, not ingame, but a troll) had an idea to kick the pugger. So we initated the vote to kick, but didn't press yes, pulled the boss and when boss was at 5%, we pressed yes and boom, he was gone.

I know, if I was him, I would report us and would be really mad, but it was really hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirean View Post
    On a different note, we ran End Time once (that was the dungeon with big dragon, right?), and there were 4 of us from guild and 1 pugger. One of my friends (he is a troll, not ingame, but a troll) had an idea to kick the pugger. So we initated the vote to kick, but didn't press yes, pulled the boss and when boss was at 5%, we pressed yes and boom, he was gone.

I know, if I was him, I would report us and would be really mad, but it was really hilarious
    Generally curious in a (hopefully) non offensive way here. I guess I'm missing something, where is the hilarity here?

I mean, I sort of imagine the 4 guild members as little kids hunched by a window giggling uncontrollably, high on candy, talking about throwing a water balloon full of paint at some passerby, but because they're sort of passive weirdos, they just peg someone's car instead.

So sure, someone's gunna be upset for work the next day when their car is painty, but other than a couple seconds of going "heh heh" there was really no motivation.

Like, the guy just wasted 20m queue followed by a 20m dungeon and now he gets to do it all over again because a few kids had a "heh heh."

Maybe it's a perspective thing.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, as I said, if I was him I would be really mad, but this was kind of funny....like we didn't even believe it would work, but we tried and it worked. We didn't laugh for the rest of the evening, but it gave us a decent laugh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirean View Post
    Yeah, as I said, if I was him I would be really mad, but this was kind of funny....like we didn't even believe it would work, but we tried and it worked. We didn't laugh for the rest of the evening, but it gave us a decent laugh.
    you win at life

Yesterday I was booted from my flex 4 group on my ilvl550 rogue before garrosh because I was doing the least dps on klaxxi (no shit, the arms warr was using sweeping strikes and the ele was spamming CL) so the raid leader's ilvl575 friend could join for garrosh looms. And we were only 13 in the bloody raid! I guess I should've padded more. 200k dps is apparently not good enough for flex. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    In Wrath I was booted for being a DK. I wish I was joking.
    Yup that's the only time I've been booted, people just hated dks for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    I guess I should've padded more. 200k dps is apparently not good enough for flex. :<

If you're on the bottom, and you're with strangers, you should always pad your dps, or do whatever you can so you're not on the bottom.

Sad, but true.