Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    i got kicked out of lfr for doing way too much dmg in cata(was BIS and doing it for fun)

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    In Wrath I was booted for being a DK. I wish I was joking.
    Oh, that reminds me of the time in Cata when I was kicked before the first trash pack for being a resto shaman.

Deleted
    Ooooh, same here same here. "DK's are scrubs." Well, to be fair, I WAS a scrub, but my brother was in the servers top raiding guild, top server DPS, and playing as a DK, so... xD

I got kicked in cata multiple times when it first came out from raids for using wild mushrooms and stealing agro. Also in dungeons in wrath they'd hate you if you used starfall.

Deleted
    Been kicked just a few times... usually after pointing out something the others are doing wrong and offering helpful advice of how to do it better. Such as asking a particularly idiotic huntard not to ninja pull unless he's planning to use Misdirect, which was enough for his equally retarded guildies in the group to vote kick me out.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    I get all the time for being right. And it's true.
    Happens a lot also in RL... people who are bad and always wrong tend to hate those who are right. Whether it's about a game or, say, politics...

I'm not trying to say that I'm always 100% correct, but if I could get a penny every time I got an "I told you so" -moment...
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2014-07-13 at 02:11 PM.

Deleted
    Got kicked couple of times from Forge of Souls (ICC 5man) when the instances were new. Always a group of guildies/friends presumably farming the arp trinket and didn't want competition.

E: Also got kicked from SoO LFR once when after a wipe some feral druid started fingerpointing and calling out low dps (I was doing just fine, like 3rd or 4th). Checked the druid in Skada and he was ~18th, below tanks, below two disc priests and just a tad above the people he was calling out. No gems, no enchants, no reforges, using only Mangle and Ferocious Bite. Linked the meters to /i and said something along the lines that should you really be calling out bads... Got kicked soon after saying that.
    Last edited by mmoc58ad131b44; 2014-07-13 at 02:43 PM.

Deleted
    I keep getting kicked for going afk

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Back in Cata I got kicked for the only time. I was tanking Stonecore on my warrior (this is prior to nerfs or 500% threat) and I had people pulling and not killing the Stonecore Sentries, so they kept getting murdered (I ran by the "you pull it, you tank it" creed back then). They blamed me, instead, and demanded I leave the group. When I refused they kicked me.
    I really dislike this "you pull it you tank it" attitude, no offense. But it's just an easy way to start drama in a LFG pug.

Quote Originally Posted by razski View Post
    For refusing to heal a warrior who called me a retard, for casting mass resurrection when two people died.

I'm not even sorry, it made me smile.

Anyone got any funny stories about getting booted from an instance?
    I get kicked all the time for mocking the idiots in RF.

And it won't make me stop.

Since I'm right =D

I think the only time i got kicked was because i wouldnt let my group CC things in a dungeon... definitely didnt need it, healer was completly fine on mana too, i really thought it was slowing us down more than anything.

Was pretty lol, they told me i was a terrible tank, probably the only time i havent been told i was a great tank :P

Had a moment in one of the first LFR runs I ever did in Mogushan. I'm an enh sham, at the time pretty well decked out in partial heroic gear. We had just finished Feng and were about to pull Gara'jal when one of the healers started bitching in raid chat at me saying I needed to be kicked for playing as a dps when I was a shaman. I was pulling the same healing numbers as all the rest of the healers, yet I was spec'ed enh and that was why I needed to be kicked. Someone else actually pointed out what spec I was, and that I had top dps and 3rd healing for the last boss, and everyone else in the group started laughing at the healer who was bitching about me.

I wasn't kicked, but thought it was funny. Me and the healer actually laughed about it when I did the same thing on Gara'jal, and I think we ended up as realid friends afterwards.

Deleted
    That could have been me...some goes for you druid cat dps scum out there. ;P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Barendon View Post
    I really dislike this "you pull it you tank it" attitude, no offense. But it's just an easy way to start drama in a LFG pug.
    Often the dps can tank it which pisses the tanks even more off, it's hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    More drama than the people who think that the three trash packs I already chain pulled wasn't enough for me to handle so they go grab more?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Often the dps can tank it which pisses the tanks even more off, it's hilarious.
    Depends on the tank. If you pull something on purpose and you tank it and survive, cool. I'll finish up my mobs and we'll continue. But if you die, don't blame me, especially if I've politely asked you earlier not to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    More drama than the people who think that the three trash packs I already chain pulled wasn't enough for me to handle so they go grab more?
    Look mate, it's the attitude. You can ask them nicely, and if they don't obey and it causes a wipe, it's an easy way for the group to kick the dude. Deliberately starting a front against someone in your group that has probably done this 5 times already and can't be arsed with a slower pace than he is used to, is just not going to cut it. Gotta use manners even with strangers.

Deleted
    Got kicked only once when i was with 2 friends of mine and a random, and one of my friend was trolling saying lets kick this that... the random actually did it and one of my friends randomly clicked yes without even reading what was that... i was kinda mad, was before last boss in ZG.

I'd say one of the better parts, where I almost and should have been kicked was when I was in the LFR at the shamans.

I had that hair tuft from Timeless Isle (where you hop on a super giant buffalo).

I used it and ran around the entire area and pulled all the trash mobs.

It was great LOL.

Then, they were all shouting 'Who did that!' and some said it was me. I know they were trying to kick me, but then a hunter ran in and pulled the guy from the Bank.

Everyone saw so much red, that they kicked the hunter and never kicked me.

Gotta love the memory span of 10 year olds.

i get booted all the time, i do this weird thing where i call people retards when they act like retards.

Quote Originally Posted by Zixten View Post
    This right here is why there arent so many tanks in WOW. If dps just let the tank get a chance to do his part we will have even more tanks. Just because you can solo the instance you have no right to take away the role that tanks have. Learn your role instead of being a idiot because you can solo it.

I would also try to kick you on my tank if you did the same thing as you say you did. Its not only you in a group. There are 4 more ppl that also wants to have fun, not just you. You are the reason i dont use LFD on my tanks. I run fast but have no chance against some classses to be first to the mobs. i guess you use blink on CD only so you can pull more. That is not a fun experience for a tank.

So Learn you role and give the tank a chance to even start pull.
    Look mate, this can certainly only applies given the right time. In an outdated dungeon where every dps is more powerful and viable than the tank, letting the tank do his "job" (keep aggro) is just going to be time consuming. Tanks don't get that in raids, or when a new dungeon comes out. So relax. The tank job is to be there and protect the group, if the group doesn't die, he does his job just fine even without doing anything.

Look mate, this can certainly only applies given the right time. In an outdated dungeon where every dps is more powerful and viable than the tank, letting the tank do his "job" (keep aggro) is just going to be time consuming. Tanks don't get that in raids, or when a new dungeon comes out. So relax. The tank job is to be there and protect the group, if the group doesn't die, he does his job just fine even without doing anything.
    mostly around BC, but possibly other dungeons, there are some pretty big packs... and the tank & healer can be pulling and doublepulling with a very close eye on how close to the edge they're pushing the tank's survivability... but when the dps feels like 'helping out' and pulling a third pack, I'm letting them keep it rather then suicide myself as the tank and wipe the group.

my story tho... is in regards to Cata launch... back when dps had hourlong queues or worse... i waited some 50 minutes as a shadowpriest only to get into a heroic where the resto shammy that prolly got a 1 minute queue didnt want to heal, so wanted me to heal the group as shadow. i was kicked cuz i couldn't keep the group alive through the first boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Does it surprise you? When you beat them while healing, the elitist 12 year olds with their doritos and pepsi are going to kick you mate.
    rule#1 never out dps, always be in the middle, never 1 or never 4/5th. 2-3 is a safe spot.
    I'll gladly kick any dps that is below the main tank though :P