Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcoolguyry View Post
    Before we start, it should be stated that because these two articles are from a site called 'The Inquisitr' (which I assume is the American equivalent of the UK's Daily Mail I suppose?) this could be complete bullshit or as usual since it's some government mumbo jumbo and what-not, most people don't have a damn clue what's going on anyway.

First article is about how supposedly 'the National Guard is preparing for something big', while of course showing a recorded meeting of the Guard on crappy video graphics that may be COMPLETELY and utterly out of context. Also since the dude who wastes your time for the first minute or so names his little "program" of his the "Bunker Report" the dude's most likely batshit paranoid crazy.

Second article is about some supposed 'increased thermal activity' that has been occurring over the past few days. Also of note, is that the channel that the video was posted on is called "Higher Truth Channel", so once again it seems there's more batshit paranoid crazy people out and about taking advantage of the situation.

So overall what do you guys think? As usual, it just seems like some stupid weird shit going about with people ready to pounce and take advantage of people that are fucking scared and have no idea what the hell to do. But I guess we'll see.

Edit: I changed the title. I should have never titled it that in the first place sorry guys.
    (On iPhone, so I'll keep this brief)

1. Never heard of Inquisitr. So I doubt it is a reputable source.
    2. the National Guard is always preparing for something big, every year the national guard has a two week drill, it's how the guard works. They are only on duty one weekend a month and two weeks a year.
    3. As for the super volcano, it can go off any time from now or never.

Quote Originally Posted by bryroo View Post
    Yellowstone is sitting on top of a super volcano so any number of super crazy shit could happen.

Also, the whole 'murica thing is really stupid.
    Double whammy, 2 times right.
    Anything can happen and 'murrica is indeed really stupid
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arteous View Post
    I'll leave this here. it's a very possible outcome of what would be and how badly the us would be affected within 24-48 hrs in the even of a violent erruption of the yellowstone supervolcano.

on another note food exportation from the US would stop entirely.

Airtravel in north america would be impossible for years. globally temperature drop would be about 5 degrees. It doesn't sound like much but consider how much platlife would be wiped out because of it. the change in temperature would last arround 6 years. it would be almost impossible to grow anything in the US (hydroponics underground or in buildings would be thebestbet)

buildings in the above area would be destroyed if not by the blast or the falling magma/derbis also by the amount of ash that could come down causing buildings/homes to collapse under it's sheer weight.

ground travel would also be paralized.
    As I recall, the area in the image above is just the area of thick ashfall. That could be cleaned up within a few months, and the roads and such could be operable within a week. Farming would take a huge hit, though, and the atmospheric effects of the excess ash in the air could affect global temperatures for years. It'd hurt a lot, but it likely wouldn't be the end of the United States or anything like that.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    As I recall, the area in the image above is just the area of thick ashfall. That could be cleaned up within a few months, and the roads and such could be operable within a week. Farming would take a huge hit, though, and the atmospheric effects of the excess ash in the air could affect global temperatures for years. It'd hurt a lot, but it likely wouldn't be the end of the United States or anything like that.
    Florida would become capital of the US, and Florida Man the president.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Hell no! The ash flows east! Set up shop in San Francisco or San Jose! Best farmland in the country at that point, along with the best weather!
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    You've heard it here first, Deathwing will be emerging from Yellowstone and creating a real life Cataclysm.
    Aw great, real life is getting a shitty expansion.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    That's a scarier thought than any eruption.

Deleted
    Reign of Fire its called, it has Matthew McConaughey, Christian Bale and Gerard butler in...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I don't see how "murrican" this is, unless we label everything that goes on in this country that now.

anyway, yellowstone park is the site of a super volcano. think of it as a black head pimple (gross comparison but one of the most accurate). there have been signs of activity going on for decades now. one of the most prominent is the main lake in yellowstone ( I forget what it's called) is rising. so if they are sending in national guard into the area I would only assume it's help get people out in the case of something happening. that being a vocalic eruption no human has ever witnessed.
    Watch the Stargate Atlantis episode "Inferno". Granted, that is a rather extreme example of what could happen. It would be an extinction-level event. It wouldn't wipe out all life on the planet but it would severely alter the climate for a significant period of time.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Inferno

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Infer...=Inferno11.jpg
    Last edited by Stormspark; 2014-07-14 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Watch the Stargate Atlantis episode "Inferno". Granted, that is a rather extreme example of what could happen. It would be an extinction-level event. It wouldn't wipe out all life on the planet but it would severely alter the climate for a significant period of time.

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Inferno

http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Infer...=Inferno11.jpg
    Perhaps super volcano activity is linked to the glaciation cycle that has been prevalent throughout the last million years of geological history. According to that cycle we're due to see it any moment now. Although the Vostok ice core reconstruction suggests a much more clockwork phenomenon than volcanic activity alone would suggest.

but maybe it's a combination of orbital obliquity and volcanic activity.