With WoD on the horizon, is it worth it for me to switch professions?

Simple question, really. At present, I am an Alchemist (Potion Master) and a Leatherworker. Recently, after a few years' break from raiding, I've joined a new 25-man heroic raid group. I intend to stay with this group through WoD and beyond, so I'm trying to optimize my character as much as possible.

Obviously, I've already stated that I'm not quite there yet, with my current professions. I realize that Engineering is currently the way to go. But I have one question for those who have access to the beta and whatnot... Come WoD, will Engineering be worth it?

I realize that Blizzard is trying to axe all of the profession-specific perks (presumably to prevent this sort of min-maxing). If--come WOD--there is no particular reason to have one profession instead of the other, I'm probably not going to change my professions now. This late in the tier, I doubt it would buy my group much of an advantage.

tl;dr version: What are the best Hunter professions in WOD?

(You can also check out my character here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...asukkin/simple )

TL;DR Answer: Nothing (for DPS).

There is no longer a BIS for professions per say, however on a hunter I would go leatherworking so i could make myself gear at the beginning on the expansion. They are removing combat benefits like extra sockets from blacksmith and so on from all professions.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.
    /
    I Livestream and do giveaways.

Not sure if this is just beta, but as it seems right now, Skinning still gives crit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganbai View Post
    Not sure if this is just beta, but as it seems right now, Skinning still gives crit?
    Yep so far Gathering proffs keep their perks but have no idea do its intended to be or will be changed in later build (or live patch)
    I plan to use Enchanting as isual and most likely will change engi with Skinning or alchemy depends which alt i level up first

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    I would go leatherworking so i could make myself gear at the beginning on the expansion.
    Maybe I'm wrong but I remember that there won't be starter sets for crafting professions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nasukkin View Post
    Simple question, really. At present, I am an Alchemist (Potion Master) and a Leatherworker. Recently, after a few years' break from raiding, I've joined a new 25-man heroic raid group. I intend to stay with this group through WoD and beyond, so I'm trying to optimize my character as much as possible.

Obviously, I've already stated that I'm not quite there yet, with my current professions. I realize that Engineering is currently the way to go. But I have one question for those who have access to the beta and whatnot... Come WoD, will Engineering be worth it?

I realize that Blizzard is trying to axe all of the profession-specific perks (presumably to prevent this sort of min-maxing). If--come WOD--there is no particular reason to have one profession instead of the other, I'm probably not going to change my professions now. This late in the tier, I doubt it would buy my group much of an advantage.

tl;dr version: What are the best Hunter professions in WOD?

(You can also check out my character here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...asukkin/simple )
    I would advice to wait and see, if anything it will be easier to level a proffesion in WoD, you will get drops that you can turn in and get 5 skill ups up to 600.
    PM me weird stuff :3