Thread: Gaurdian BiS?

Gaurdian BiS?

I'm jsut wondering if i should go for my 4 set or just go all HWF items, druid raids with a 11/14H 25m

i have never really seen the benefit towards the 4 set and recently dropped my 2 set since i got so much HWF already

For 25-H go full HWF, i dropped my 4pc in favor of HWF and haven't even noticed the loss.

Yea, go full HWF. Grab immerseus's helm, norushen's chest and gloves, dark shaman's legs and iron juggernaut's shoulders.

Well, if you actually look at the stats, the druid tier chest and legs have more crit on them than any HWF piece, so keep those 2 tier pieces because they are actually better. Then of course immerseus helm, noru gloves, and IJ shoulders like stated above.
    Last edited by Bquade; 2014-07-14 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bquade View Post
    Well, if you actually look at the stats, the druid tier chest and legs have more crit on them than any HWF piece, so keep those 2 tier pieces because they are actually better. Then of course immerseus helm, noru gloves, and IJ shoulders like stated above.
    If your gearing HWF crit wont be a problem, you would be better off with the higher Ilvl worth of sats especially on Chest and Legs, besides you can always reforge and crit may be our best stat to a point but its not like the others have 0 value.

Deleted
    Are these answers also valid for 10-H?

10+ Year Old Account
    In all honesty, is 6 extra ilvls worth the loss of the extra Savage Defense, and the trickling heal coming in? At 300k vengeance with 580ish ilvl, that heal is ticking for 100k/second. And if you get high amounts, 600k plus, that heal can easily be healing for 30% of your max health/second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    In all honesty, is 6 extra ilvls worth the loss of the extra Savage Defense, and the trickling heal coming in? At 300k vengeance with 580ish ilvl, that heal is ticking for 100k/second. And if you get high amounts, 600k plus, that heal can easily be healing for 30% of your max health/second.
    More like 30 ilvls total of more stats that all have value, 6 per slot that you slowly replace over time. I lost my 4pc and didn't even notice the lost, but i did notice the gain for more DPS, RPS, passive avoidance, and armor damage reduction.

There's no way 4piece ticks 100k per second, when i last tanked iron juggernaut (Standing in borer drills and actually getting more than 3 stacks..) it healed me for 12k hp per second on average. Biggest tick was a 25k tick...

I'd say 4piece is definitely worth more in 10man than 25man, but when you have access to 4 hwf pieces, might as well just use that because the damage intake has become pretty trivial by the point you are full bis with lots of heroic warforged gear.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    On what planet does the 4 set heal for 100k?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    There's no way 4piece ticks 100k per second, when i last tanked iron juggernaut (Standing in borer drills and actually getting more than 3 stacks..) it healed me for 12k hp per second on average. Biggest tick was a 25k tick...

I'd say 4piece is definitely worth more in 10man than 25man, but when you have access to 4 hwf pieces, might as well just use that because the damage intake has become pretty trivial by the point you are full bis with lots of heroic warforged gear.
    It heals for 30% of your AP over 10 seconds, rolling. When solo tanking the later fights (Thok Heroic) you will have a shitting ton of vengeance (Well over 500k), and spamming FR nearly every time you can, it gets slightly over 100k per second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It heals for 30% of your AP over 10 seconds, rolling. When solo tanking the later fights (Thok Heroic) you will have a shitting ton of vengeance (Well over 500k), and spamming FR nearly every time you can, it gets slightly over 100k per second.
    I can guarantee you 110% it does not heal near that amount.

During the Garrosh transition you have 650k+ vengeance which is higher than Thok and in this log his highest tick was 58k: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ability=144888
    Last edited by Motoma; 2014-07-23 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motoma View Post
    During the Garrosh transition you have 650k+ vengeance which is higher than Thok and in this log his highest tick was 58k: http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/...ability=144888
    Really a silly world when a 58k/s heal is considered bad.

Don't think I've seen 100k either, but it's a pretty easy 50-70k during the hard parts of 1-tanking Garrosh (10H). UV is very likely to tick at least once in any situation where you would die, so that's basically a free 50-70k health, WAY more than 2 WF pieces will give (just weighing the 4pc). That ignores the mass amounts of healing it'll amount to over a fight.

About the only situations where dropping the 4pc make sense are if you're being bursted down in <1s and need the health, or if you just don't care about the damage you take and want the extra DPS from 2 slots with 6 higher ilvl. Funny how many 25s weigh in saying it's the latter .

it heals for 30% of AP over 10sec.

for it to tick for 100k, you'd need 3.3million attack power... (3.3mil * 30% = 1million, 1mil/10 = 100k) I know the tier bonus rolls like ignite, but youd need quite a lot of AM usage to ever reach 100k even if you literally spam frenzied regen every GCD.

if the 4p was 58k/sec all the time, it would be amazing, but fact is it won't tick that much in general, it's way more around 10-20k, 30k ish for bigger damage fight, and as you can see, can peak up to 58k/sec on the hardest hitting fight in the game.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Braindwen View Post
    Really a silly world when a 58k/s heal is considered bad.

Don't think I've seen 100k either, but it's a pretty easy 50-70k during the hard parts of 1-tanking Garrosh (10H). UV is very likely to tick at least once in any situation where you would die, so that's basically a free 50-70k health, WAY more than 2 WF pieces will give (just weighing the 4pc). That ignores the mass amounts of healing it'll amount to over a fight.

About the only situations where dropping the 4pc make sense are if you're being bursted down in <1s and need the health, or if you just don't care about the damage you take and want the extra DPS from 2 slots with 6 higher ilvl. Funny how many 25s weigh in saying it's the latter .
    The 4 set is 9/10 times useless healing especially when in the fights which you are in a remote chance of dying FR heals you to full regardless. It is not a "mass" of healing on any fight in the slightest, it is minor.

I'm not sure why you seem to not want to give up the 4 set when you've finished progress (most of the people saying to dump it ran 4 set for progress just fyi) when you are using cleave trinket/dps meta/cloak and you are gemming haste/not using NV. It's somewhat of a strange set of choices no matter what content you are doing.

Yea..if youre overgearing content, might as well go full hwf, or full dps mode. Last time i tanked i was 578 and i was never close to dieing even once. I think i dropped down to 50% on iron jugg and i healed myself to full hp with a 20rage frenzied regen and it never happened again.