battle.net friend request auto-accepts?

So random people have started appearing in my battle.net friend list, without asking me to add the person.
    Anyone know how this happens? Is it just a bug or does some sort of addon that causes it?

Deleted
    Are you using Oqueue addon by any chance?

yeah I do, so I'm going to get rid of that? ;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamidroon View Post
    Meh, as you wish, sharing a battle.net tag isn't like sharing your realid info, many random people share their battletags so they find eachother easier. I mean that if you need Oqueue it's better to leave it on.

the problem I have is I can't even choose to accept the invite. I installed oqueue yesterday, haven't done any raids with it yet, but already got 3 people appearing in my friend list.

There is an option in Oqueue to turn off auto accept friend requests. It's under Setup.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    the problem I have is I can't even choose to accept the invite. I installed oqueue yesterday, haven't done any raids with it yet, but already got 3 people appearing in my friend list.
    Yeah, it does that, it requires battle.net tags to function.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    There is an option in Oqueue to turn off auto accept friend requests. It's under Setup.
    But then the addon won't work so he might as well just disable it.

Also oqueue has the option to purge all contacts made during the use of oqueue.

It's worth leaving it running, yes you get randoms on your list but think of it as picking up other nodes on a web of connections. Each person you have there is giving you another link to games occurring and being searchable.

Get used to talking to folks in oqueue too (good ones at least, like the flag carrier that refused to die when solo. The dps who could nuke a tank down solo while chain ccing his healer etc), the amount of VERY useful friendships I made with oqueue made it pretty easy to get good groups up. Rather than having to play at certain times with a fixed team it was generally possible to pull in a bunch of generally good players for an RBG team that would do well without much prior experience together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post

Really? I have it turned off and the addon seems to work fine for me. I can still join groups.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    1. Blindly installing addons without checking what they actually do or how they work.
    2. Complain in forums
    4. Profit?

Uninstall Oqueue or... you know, look into Oqueue options.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    Really? I have it turned off and the addon seems to work fine for me. I can still join groups.
    It does? Lol, didn't know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Turn off the setting to auto accept. That's really all it is.

thanks for the help, got it turned off now

Deleted
    The last time I used Oqueue, it didn't work.

Isn't oQue in it's current state broken, unused or somehow blocked by blizzard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardball View Post
    Yeah, it does that, it requires battle.net tags to function.

- - - Updated - - -

The addon itself is pretty crap because it does alot of things it shouldn't do.
    and turning it off doesn't mean it is broken, i have done that for ages and worked perfectly fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

15+ Year Old Account
    Some mention there is options to disable auto accept, but instead of doing that use the remove oqueue friends option. That way it clears everyone that has been added through oqueue.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't used it in awhile but I believe there was also an option to turn off "Add your battle.net to the mesh". The "mesh" is what is sending the tag back and forth and adding random people to other random people's lists.

I know last time I used it I could still use it successfully without being a part of that mesh. It would only add people when I applied specifically to their groups and they invited me.