Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Famous Marilyn Monroe quote.

"I'm selfish , impatient , and a little insecure . I make mistakes , I'm out of control , and at times hard to act. But if you can not handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell do not deserve me at my best ."

Why do I see so many girls using that quote on dating sites? Do they think this makes them look good in ANY form or shape? If I see someone quoting that, I just instantly lose any interest..
    It's like they are saying "Hey, I'm a shitty person. I do have SOME good qualities, but it's mostly me just being a bitch!".

Anyone else feel me on this, or am I just jaded as fuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't we all kind of like that on some level though?

Deleted
    You're not alone, i almost always mentally disregard the person using such a quote for themselves as shallow beyond measure.

And then the people who try to use her beach image as a way to "Prove" curves (Read, fat) is attractive over a healthy weight, she was fucking pregnant in that image.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickmagnus View Post
    Aren't we all kind of like that on some level though?
    Deep man.
    Last edited by mmoc1aca3196c5; 2014-07-13 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    I'd say they just try to look smart with a quote like that. (n)deep(n+2)me

It's not a bad quote really. I would prefer that over the "I'm adventurous, love outdoors and long walk on the beach" only to find out they are couch potatoes and only adventure and long walk they like are ones to the mall. Reason I like the quote is because I truly believe that you should really find out if you really can live with a persons worst since that's what will drive you away.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

10+ Year Old Account
    If you consider how she died, that quote is pretty hollow...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

3deep5me

Into the trash it goes, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like Edith Piaf's last words... "Every damn fool thing you do in this life, you pay for."... as a rebuttal...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Am I the only one who has never seen that quote on a dating site?

Methinks you might need to broaden who you are dating. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    If you consider how she died, that quote is pretty hollow...
    I say the same about Ayn Rand... particularly how she spins Atlas Shrugged that everything in there is true as she is a representation of that life. Indeed it is... in the end she cheated on her husband with a younger guy, causing his husband to cry drunkenly to himself in a bar - and she had to collect Medicare because she couldn't afford the health costs associated with her lung cancer she got from her "free choice" of smoking.

Karma... she's a mean bitch that you don't ever want to mess with. ^_^

Maybe they think it's better than just saying "I don't want to be with someone who expects me to be perfect all the time."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I say the same about Ayn Rand... particularly how she spins Atlas Shrugged that everything in there is true as she is a representation of that life. Indeed it is... in the end she cheated on her husband with a younger guy, causing his husband to cry drunkenly to himself in a bar - and she had to collect Medicare because she couldn't afford the health costs associated with her lung cancer she got from her "free choice" of smoking.

Karma... she's a mean bitch that you don't ever want to mess with. ^_^
    Ayn Rand's perspective would be interpreted a little different, if where she came from carried more weight in establishing her perspective. I always found it strange that she was never really touched by McCarthyism...

10+ Year Old Account
    She was married three times, cheated on two of them, had a drug problem and committed suicide at 36. What, exactly, was her best I wonder?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karlz0rz View Post
    But if you can not handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell do not deserve me at my best.
    It's like they are saying "Hey, I'm a shitty person. I do have SOME good qualities, but it's mostly me just being a bitch!
    Totally thought the same. It just seems like an excuse for a shitty character. Anybody who says this of him/herself doesn't sound like a person I would want to be around.

I see that as a crazy bitch warning sign.
    "so you are saying, I have to humor your negative behaviors if I want some sugar" It's basically, to me saying, they want to be excused for how they act, and can't summon some level of control to just not be around you when they are like that.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been on a dating site, so I don't know the etiquette, but wouldn't a better person to quote be an ex-boyfriend?

"Best head in Basingstoke" Ex-boyfriend Pete C.

"Joanna rustles up a quality dinner and any hole's a goal for dessert" Ex-boyfriend Dave R.

That sort of thing.

Deleted
    I don't know what the issue is. People use cheesy quotes all the time.

All it's saying is "Yes, like everyone, I have good parts and bad parts but if you are only interested in me for my good parts and don't want to be around me when I'm not perfect, then you're not the right person for me" because let's be honest, this applies to everyone. No one is perfect all the time and if you're going to throw someone away becuase they're having a "bad day" then you're kind of a bad person yourself, and like...

I don't know what y'all are going on about it being excuses for a shitty character or whatever, are you all telling me you're all perfect all the time and never have a bad day? And you are telling me that on those days, you know, when everything is going wrong and you're feeling sad and angry and whatever, that you expect your partner or friends to abandon you because you're not at your best?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I've never been on a dating site, so I don't know the etiquette, but wouldn't a better person to quote be an ex-boyfriend?

"Best head in Basingstoke" Ex-boyfriend Pete C.

"Joanna rustles up a quality dinner and any hole's a goal for dessert" Ex-boyfriend Dave R.

That sort of thing.
    Most people would rather not be reminded if someone stuck their wang in that already.

Deleted
    Are you judging people based on how describe themselves when they are at there most desperate point in life?

(= making a dating website profile)

This quote seems hypocritical. What if the other person at their worst can't handle you at your worst? Would that mean you both just don't deserve each other and are too good for the other? It's stupid....

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do I see so many girls using that quote on dating sites?
    Because internet dating is for people who can't find someone offline?