Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Lets clear some things up,

FIRSTLY - Nor the Shaman or DK could've stopped the Boomkin doing that damage as he was in cloak of shadows. The only person who could've stopped it was the Hunter (scatter, pet cc or counter shot) - however he was just in the edge of the root/beam so I'm not 100% sure how many of those he could've cast.

Secondly, this will never work in high level Arena.

Thirdly, i'll explain how and why this happened and why it's 1. Not viable and 2. Not broken (any X class can fill the Boomkin spot in this comp and do the same):

Ok, so lets take a look at the procs he had (click for a bigger version):

Buffs/Procs
    +12% Damage (Nature's Vigil)
    +288 Haste (Lifeblood) -Profession
    +3670 Intellect (PVP Trinket 1) -Trinket
    +15% Damage (Tricks of the Trade) -Rogue
    +5179 Intellect (PVP Trinket 2) -Trinket
    +15% Haste (Nature's Grace)
    +20% Haste (Berserking) -Racial
    +1650 Intellect (Jade Spirit) -Enchant
    +Nature DMG (Stormlash Totem) -Shaman
    +25% Damage (Incarnation)
    +15% Damage (Celestial Alignment)

Group Buffs
    +3000 Mastery (Grace of Air) -Shaman Note: This is equal to +9.37%~ Damage because of Boomkin mastery
    +5% Haste (Moonkin Aura)

Debuffs on Shaman
    +5% Damage (Master Poisoner) -Rogue
    +10% Damage (Prey on the Week) -Rogue

Overall:
    91.4% Damage
    40% Haste (+288 Haste)
    10499 Intellect
    Stormlash Proc

Now, notice how almost all of this was Enchants, Trinkets, the Rogue or the Shaman - and nothing outside normal CDs for the Boomer. He's running double DPS trinkets and used Cloak offensively for the opener. If the Hunter had done anything to interrupt one of the Boomkins casts and the Shaman trinketed the cheap and spirit walkers graced / ns'd / linked and survived the opener the game would've been an easy cleanup for the Hunter/DK.

Yes it's a cheese and yes it caught them by surprise but it isn't viable and is just a gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Lets clear some things up,

FIRSTLY - Nor the Shaman or DK could've stopped the Boomkin doing that damage as he was in cloak of shadows. The only person who could've stopped it was the Hunter (scatter, pet cc or counter shot) - however he was just in the edge of the root/beam so I'm not 100% sure how many of those he could've cast.

Secondly, this will never work in high level Arena.
    To be fair, DK stun and mind freeze are unaffected by Cloak of shadows as it is physical.

But I agree with the rest of your post.

Who cares about pvp this late in exp? Wod Balance dps should be buffed because hardcasting is 90% of the class dps, but hardcasting is not possible in pvp. Moonfire and starsurge needs buff.

Ban the mod, how dare he try to sully our class! Seriously though, if you can hardcast ANYTHING in pvp, the other team is going to have a bad time.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Pretty sure DK stun is still usable while target is cloaked, isn't it? Also Death grip? The rest is right, but pretty sure the DK could have done stuff as well.

The team got taken completely by surprise by the aggressiveness of the other team and paid the price for not peeling as soon as they saw those cds.
    Signatures are for squares! Oh wait...

Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    Pretty sure DK stun is still usable while target is cloaked, isn't it? Also Death grip? The rest is right, but pretty sure the DK could have done stuff as well.

The team got taken completely by surprise by the aggressiveness of the other team and paid the price for not peeling as soon as they saw those cds.
    Quote Originally Posted by quitefrankly View Post
    To be fair, DK stun and mind freeze are unaffected by Cloak of shadows as it is physical.

But I agree with the rest of your post.
    I was under the impression death grip, mind freeze and strangulate were all magical (and can be grounding'd) .. but asphyxiate is physical so he could've stopped it with that.

Honestly not sure on mind freeze or death grip off the top of my head lol. Asphyxiate for sure, and possibly on grip. No clue on Mind freeze, I know its groundable (Or used to be?) but not clue if cloak stops it, as I play with a warlock on my moonkin so I have that symb, never had Cloak on it before <.< Should probably learn just in case!

But as you said, it is 100% preventable, and that would never happen at high level arena with people paying attention.

Especially with like 80% of people using that gladiator los thing that screams out when people use cds, it would have filled the persons headphones with so much they probalby would have spammed everything to get it to stop ;P
    Signatures are for squares! Oh wait...

It will, boomkins aren't meant to be able to pvp.
    You can be whatever you want to be. We have astronauts who fly into space and still pee in their pants.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    What does Stormlash have to do with anything?

- - - Updated - - -

Because every other class is so balanced. JK This is is by far the worst season ever.
    Ya what does additional damage buff (on top of another damage buff) have anything to do with a big number
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

Blizzard has already said that they abandoned/won't balance MoP anymore. Live with it
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Blithe View Post
    And even then, you can instant cast Starsurge as much as an Elemental can instant cast Lava Burst, in addition to Starsurge hitting harder as well. How does that work?

This season's beyond redemption for Balance.
    I hope you aren't implying instant starsurge is anywhere near instant lava burst that always crits and nearly always procs an additional lava burst for 75% damage. Boomkins can get some nice RNG sometimes but ele's are constantly throwing much more single target damage and can RNG even harder.

Also, what Snuggli said. Haven't seen any booms run without treants especially against a DK since roots are the only thing that stops them from destroying a team. If the match had gone on like normal that dk+hunter would have plastered them.
    Last edited by Hand Banana; 2014-07-15 at 08:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Getting the phrase "PUSSY DESTROYER" tattoo'd on your face isn't a smart move for your career.

That boomkin got mega lucky with procs and insanely stupid enemy shaman. Thats MoP PvP fault, not boomkins.
    PvE is a minigame // Rerolled from affly to spriest after 8 years, thx pandaland changes

Quote Originally Posted by Hand Banana View Post
    I hope you aren't implying instant starsurge is anywhere near instant lava burst that always crits and nearly always procs an additional lava burst for 75% damage. Boomkins can get some nice RNG sometimes but ele's are constantly throwing much more single target damage and can RNG even harder.

Also, what Snuggli said. Haven't seen any booms run without treants especially against a DK since roots are the only thing that stops them from destroying a team. If the match had gone on like normal that dk+hunter would have plastered them.
    I am implying that, as I've played both classes and the potential is very high for either of them. You're able to throw just as many Starsurges out as you can with Lava Bursts because of how far statistical inflation has come due to Prideful, and the damage difference is also negligible.