Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by alemap View Post
    This made me realize a benefit I hadn't really caught on to earlier. We will be able to plan out boss fights much more easily now. Lets say we know, hypothetically, that a boss will summon adds one minute into the fight. On live, we would do everything we could to hit solar at the exact moment they are summoned. Sometimes the stars would align and this would work perfectly. More frequently, pulling this off required you to delay eclipses, resulting in a hit to your damage. There is certainly an element of skill there but it always awkward to me. With the new eclipse system, you can actually time out. You will know, 100% of the time, what eclipse you should be in at the 1 minute mark. If it isn't the eclipse you want, then you can figure out exactly how much time you need to spend casting Astral Communion to hit that point. And then you can do that Astral Communion at any point in the first minute of the fight.

Net result: we lose the ability to control eclipse on a moment-to-moment basis in a fight by delaying our rotation but we have much more control over ability to map out our eclipse over the course of a fight in advance by timing eclipses with particular mechanics. To me that's a good change.

On beta, the new eclipse mechanic takes some getting used to and definitely feels slower but I think that is partly a matter of it being the beginning of a new expansion and haste values being re-scaled. Every class always feels slower when you transition from heroic raid gear from the final tier of an expansion to quest greens and dungeon blues in the next expansion. Even if the eclipse mechanic stayed the same, everything would still feel slower.
    Exactly. We finally have a spec mechanic that works for us and not us being slaves to it, for a change. The only thing I don't like so far is the long cast times, the outdated model and the fact that even with snapshotting largely gone, we still can't spam moonfire/sunfire when we move.

Quote Originally Posted by omri1212000 View Post
    No.
    I hate it when I aggro mobs while mounted and the eclipse cycle starts. it should start the cycle when I, The Player, wants it to start by engaging. for exmaple, cast a moonfire or any other spell.
    I hate it that there is no decision whatsoever. The game decides "its time to cast a starfire" and I, "mindlessly" Do so.
    I hate not having control of in-and-out of eclipse.
    I tend to agree with this. Their goal was to make the rotation simpler, but by removing dot snaps hotting they already did. They should go back to the MoP one.
    My Warlords of Draenor Screenshots so far!
    http://imgur.com/a/YCLjL#0
    http://imgur.com/a/2rApO#0

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I tend to agree with this. Their goal was to make the rotation simpler, but by removing dot snaps hotting they already did. They should go back to the MoP one.
    We were not snapshotting trinkets anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Curarin View Post
    We were not snapshotting trinkets anyway
    Eh, IM just an lfr boomkin to be honest. My mains a ret, but I always applied them with the highest possible value and left them ie what I would call snapshotting. That wasnt even a thing? I never did play that much, but I thought it was.
    My Warlords of Draenor Screenshots so far!
    http://imgur.com/a/YCLjL#0
    http://imgur.com/a/2rApO#0

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Eh, IM just an lfr boomkin to be honest. My mains a ret, but I always applied them with the highest possible value and left them ie what I would call snapshotting. That wasnt even a thing? I never did play that much, but I thought it was.
    It's a WoD thread.

Quote Originally Posted by kosars View Post
    I'm still worried we'll just be able to load up an addon telling us what buttons to press, successfully. Until I see something that makes that not viable, i'll probably hate it.
    That kind of addon is actually rather "easy" to make with the current build. Basically it just needs to do the math every 0.1seconds to define when wrath is better than starfire (and vice versa). Even starsurge usage seems to be rather easy to bake in, just make sure that theres one charge for every lunar phase and use the rest in solar/lunar.

Which is exactly the reason why i dislike the new eclipse.

Have playing about 4 hours with premade moonkin (no character copy for EU accounts yet). Can't say I like new playstyle.

There are zero procs to monitor and pretty much nothing affects your eclipse cycle outside of astral communion. Due to this rotation feels very static and bland. You can easily implement addon which will tell you what spell exactly you need to cast in every moment of time. Imho, this is not fun.
    Also, rotation feels too slow in low lvl gear (~500 ish for premade characters). 2.5 second cast time is way too much for "spammable" rotation spell like starfire. I do not want to imagine how awful movement-intensive fights in first tier of expansion will feel, especially if only dps-on-the-move option will be moonfire spam.

Currently I like WoD feral much better than WoD moonkin. If devs will not address "static" feeling of balance druid rotation, I will not main moonkin in WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolsonthedruid View Post
    You need to choose your words more carefully. Haste has no effect on the eclipse cycle. Only cast speed, GCD and dot ticks. This sentence implies that more haste would somehow change eclipse cycles.
    I was reffering to haste as far as cast times for Wrath and Starfire. Sorry I didn't clarify.