Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is the one thing you regret the most?

For me it is that I tried to seem normal and was trying to hide my real me in school and among friends because I thought they'd judge me if I wasn't like them and leave me.

Deleted
    A lot of things, i can't pin-point one exactly as the most regret filled decision i've made.

I don't think I have many big regrets to be honest. The thing about regrets is that you can imagine what your life MIGHT have been like, had you made a different choice, but you'll never truly know. So what's the point? Sure I can say I regret dicking around in college and not getting an internship, making the first few years of work tough for me. But I met a lot of cool people, and learned a lot. So I can't really say I regret that at all.

In my opinion, even thinking about regrets is non-productive. I would stop doing that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not going to a HS that had a varsity football program. I think my intellect is not as unique as my size. Something I only learned through experience...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Not going to a HS that had a varsity football program. I think my intellect is not as unique as my size. Something I only learned through experience...
    Vice versa for me. Was mostly into sports due to my size in HS and I wish I would've engage more in academics.

Apart from that, a strange girl THE Bigzoman grew up with got the hots for him in HS. THE Bigzoman liked her to but shit on her due to getting shit for hanging out with her by friends. She was a sheltered weirdo, but she was my weirdo. Pretty fucking smart too.

She is now a nursing home administrator and curvier then ever. THE Bigzoman missed out.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2014-07-13 at 05:31 PM.

Deleted
    I regret how poorly I treated other people untill a few years ago. I was a horrible, mean person growing up, and as a result have virtually no friends from more than a couple of years ago (only one) and have a not-so-great relationship with family. Even from a non selfish point of view, I upset a bunch of people by saying things or doing things that there was no reason for whatsoever, other than the be an asshole. I thought it would make me feel better, it did not, and just made everyone around me feel worse.

Not standing up for myself against my father when I was 13. He forced me to take a massive testosterone replacement regime because he didn't think I was going to go through puberty. I did. Twice thanks to him. Now I have enlarged feet, bone structure in areas, and the 'he used roids chimp forehead.' Pretty awesome. Wait no it's not. That alone will keep me from being happy the rest of my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to talk some sense into Shinra.

10+ Year Old Account
    Falling in love.

Deleted
    Stubbing my toe yesterday and bending the nail back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinali View Post
    For me it is that I tried to seem normal and was trying to hide my real me in school and among friends because I thought they'd judge me if I wasn't like them and leave me.
    Two things at different times of my life
    Both involve a woman, and me not telling them how I felt about them at the time, you think I would learn from my mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing I most regret was putting barely any effort into Higher/further education when I was younger and subsequently dropping out of my A-levels and then living like a sponge for a couple of years...taken me damn near a decade to get that corrected.
    A smart man puts his money on the horse with the best odds...a wise man doesn't waste his money gambling on an outcome he has no control over.
    A blog thing for you! http://yetisteaparty.blogspot.co.uk
    A youtube thinghttp://www.youtube.com/user/Teroseth/

Deleted
    Working in IT and switching professions too late - I should have done much sooner before I got burnt out on it.

Might have even saved my fathers life if I had.

Breaking up with my ex-girlfriend. Yup, almost 2 years later and it still hurt.

Deleted
    Playing World of Warcraft.

I would say "not asking Shannon out" but....

....on the other hand that was way back in 1999 and I was simply not able to judge the quality of someone's character and experience has taught me how to do that.

I'm 41 now and I can judge someone character very quickly. You sort people into two camps:

1. People who gossip.
    2. People who don't.

Throw the people who gossip into the trash. Keep those who don't. That will pretty much solve all of your social problems.

Back in 1999 I didn't understand that about life and when I met Shannon I liked her but was put off by a few things that looking back were inconsequential. She was actually a really awesome girl that didn't gossip and cared. So I'm not feeling regret as much as I just didn't know better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I quit a 70k a year job to move to the country and earn 25k instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinali View Post

Addiction to WORLD OF WACRAFT. IT's CRACK MAN! CRACK!
    ***6 out of 10 WoW users says Better than Sex***

Deleted
    Right now? Eating a box of cookies that contained 1000 calories. Have to starve for 2 days to make up for that..

But overall, nothing, Ive made some mistakes but I think they all were necessary and I learned from them so wouldnt want to change any of it.

One of the classics. Breaking up with an ex.

The usual "you don't know what you have til it's gone" thing. It's been 8 years now and I've been through 2-3 other relationships (hell, I'm in one now that's circling the drain) and I've not been happy since. Had she not been my first I might have been capable of seeing how unique she was.