Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WanderingBreezes View Post
    Well yes, if he uses mods.
    Which makes the rest of your post redundant seeing as that was precisely, as you well know what I was hinting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    So you want your female human to look like a teenager out to save the world?
    Possibly a big fan of JRPGs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Female humans look phenomenal. Your opinion is purely subjective.

Deleted
    The only thing I got to do in beta so far was look closely at character creation options and I hope this is very much a work-in-progress still because I suspect a lot of people will be disappointed otherwise.

I think that what they've done horde-side so far looks good. I liked orcs of both genders and male undead and tauren. Tauren's necks seem a bit longer and more bent than before, which I personally don't like, but the model itself isn't horrible. I think Tauren players dislike the fact that the model seems shorter now, but hopefully that will get looked at.

Alliance-side, I thought dwarves of both genders looked pretty good, along with male gnomes, night elves (females have unibrow and weird skinny braids which will likely get fixed), and draenei males. There's a lot of sameface going on, but at least it's tolerable sameface. Draenei males, I thought, looked the closest to their intended goal of creating a high-res version of the old model (not coincidentally, they started with a lot more polygons than Vanilla models). That means that blood elves, worgen, and goblins will probably look very, very good as well.

Human and gnome females, though - oh lord, they just can't make it to live in their current state. The old human faces were distinct and the new ones are not to any significant extent. They all have pointy, upturned noses and surprised eyebrows, along with looking not exactly old, but not fresh-faced either. They have that ageless look which would be okay for a few faces, but doesn't work for all. I liked the swing of their hair, though, although I think the shading of their hair needs to be improved. I thought they looked better in the preview images than they do on the character creation screen.

Female gnomes need the most work, in my opinion. They used to have these attentive, squirrel-like faces before which made them seem smart and calculated, as well as cute. Now they have giant bug eyes with a creepy, half-scared, half-manic look. You can say it's just my opinion, but it's not: a lot of people have picked up on that and dislike the look.

And yah, it's beta, so this is the best time for people to give feedback and suggest improvements, so stop shouting them down. Feedback seems to have been heard at least, because they've acknowledged on Twitter that some of the things people disliked about female humans and gnomes will be revisited. Hopefully they take that seriously and don't end up telling people "things change during development, and we never *promised* they'd look similar or recognizable, only that they'd be new" (which would be total bunk).

The good thing is that some people tried to fix these models using only make-up, which doesn't involve reworking the animations, and the results looked really, really good. So that means there are some easy fixes at hand that will help recapture the look of the old models. I'm hopeful, though I'm not personally invested in this (my panda will look the same in WoD). I just think this is very important for a lot of people and that no one should log on in 6.0 and feel like their character is ruined (maybe some of that is inevitable, but it shouldn't happen on a huge scale).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't see anything middle age about them, they look amazing to me.
    To the average 14 year old, a woman is "middle aged" at 17. That may have something to do with their reaction.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    To the average 14 year old, a woman is "middle aged" at 17. That may have something to do with their reaction.
    I'm sorry, but no. As someone who is 30-ish, I don't look forward to the day when I get that "past my prime" look some of these models have. I don't have those deep lines between my nose and mouth, and neither do most women my age (at least not those who don't abuse tanning and who take care of their faces). They're not ugly, but they have a tired look.

I can't put my finger on what it is, but aside from lines being too heavily painted on, it could be the pointy nose, the sallow skin-tones (could use some subtle rosiness) or the lack of make up. It seems easily fixable, though, if they arch the eyebrows in a more natural way, straighten the nose a bit, and add some make up. Make up needs to be subtle, so as to make the eyes a bit more striking and add a bit of color to their cheeks and lips.

Hopefully there is still a ton of work to be done on them. I'm looking forward to the finished product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogolahst View Post
    So you want your female human to look like a teenager out to save the world?
    Yes like the current look.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealeck View Post
    It's a female character. People seem to be very vocal about their ideal girlfriend.

With that said, all I can reccomend to the OP is to try Skyrim. There's plenty of beauty pageant models for you to choose your ideal girlfriend from.
    Honestly, I don't know what's more pathetic - the very small number of people actually visualize their "ideal girlfriend" in the form of their WoW avatar, or you trying so hard to be a hard-ass without any provocation and going out of your way to attempt to criminalize people who actually give a shit what their characters look like. Because there can't be granularity - you're either Johnny McBadass who can't identify with anything "pixels" or you're a creepy neckbeard virgin who wanks off to your WoW character. Nothing in between, right?
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    I myself spent a huge amount of time making my character look as I feel comfortable with via mog runs, making the hair look just how I like it and everything matters to me how my character is presented as I am sure others also feel it is important to have there character looking how they feel is acceptable, I do not like the new human look at all and would prefer the option to keep the current look if possible.

Someone on the SoL forums uses this picture as avatar:

And every time I see it, I look and think "how far they have come". I absolutely love how she looks in that picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Someone on the SoL forums uses this picture as avatar:

And every time I see it, I look and think "how far they have come". I absolutely love how she looks in that picture.
    Picture is nice but not how the humans look in game, sadly they look sour faced with a HUGE yawn that could park a train or three

Quote Originally Posted by Rigsy View Post
    Picture is nice but not how the humans look in game, sadly they look sour faced with a HUGE yawn that could park a train or three
    Uhm.... what?

There have been threads about this already. Also remember that time they were released them into beta and Blizzard said they were incomplete.

I don't really like the new human female's face that much either. Something looks off about it.

Intel Core i5 4690K 3.50Ghz, OC'd to 4.0Ghz | 8GB Corsair DDR3-1066 RAM | Gigabyte Z97-HD3
    NVIDIA GeForce 680GTX 2048MB VRAM | Corsair 750TX 750W PSU | Phantecks Dual fan PH-TC14PE

i agree its higher res but so far theres only 1 face and its ugly, the eyes are freaky.

Quote Originally Posted by Rigsy View Post
    *Guy posts in game screenshot*

*Gets replied to saying that isn't how it looks ingame*

*boggle*

Well they've been fighting to save Azeroth and Outland for 10 years now. 10 years of "gotta save the world" stress will do that to you, look at all the presidents.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Protarion View Post
    I find it very disappointing at the way the new female humans look, they have lost there youth and now look like middle aged women, I have many human characters but after viewing the humans in beta I now feel the need to race change, maybe a dwarf or gnome, anything but human, what is blizzard thinking with this look?
    I've been saying this for a while, perhaps when the next art craft comes out they'll fix it, they've already aknowlegded it's a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    The updated Human female looks too trendy in what's attractive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by rrp.nikolai View Post
    Using in progress models to assess the final look of a race? This looks like another beta thread!
    No one here really wants to know about how you are going to race change, keep it to yourself. If you can't say anything positive, don't open a damn thread.

I for one think they look so much better along with the rest of the races previewed so far. can't wait to see what they look like in live. So Blizzard is probably just thinking the opinions of the masses are more important then a single persons view. (Spoilers, like the rest of us.)
    Alright people, let me break it down for you, plain and simple, especially people like you.

Just because it's beta, just because it's an opinion and just because it disagrees with yours does not mean it is useless. A thread does not need to be positive if it's offering subjective criticism over a change Blizzard is making. On top of that, Blizzard has released these models in the Artcraft series for THE EXPLICIT REASON OF WANTING FEEDBACK, which includes blatant criticism, constructive criticism, personal criticism, positive, negative and neutral feedback. I don't think I can make the above point any more clear. They want feedback. They want to know how they are doing and if they need to fix something that is not right.

In my opinion, the human female's do not sync up well with the old models (a white cutsey girl becoming a middle aged latina.) On top of that, the soft "sigh" they do in their idle animation on live turns into a dragon taunting cringing yawn in the animations and definitely needs to be fixed.

And before you start, yes, Blizzard can say they are a work in progress, but until they can release the -exact- work they are putting into the models down to "Adjusted left cornea on troll male eye to look straight" then subjective and constructive criticisms still stand.

Seriously, this whole crusade against opinions and criticizing Blizzard in general really shows who blindly throws money at corporations.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.